Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2022, 13:54   #31
BHPian

re: 2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
1). 5 yrs comprehensive service package + 5 yrs extended warranty + 5 yrs roadside assistance + Audi accessory kit + handling charges: 100% discount of the list price.
2). RTI insurance (engine protection + key cover etc.): 50% discount of the list price.
Total 1) + 2) = ~8 lakhs worth discounts.

3) Special OEM /corporate relationship discount ~1.50 lakhs

Grand Total ~ 9.50 lakhs discounts in general.

Add to that, some ~0.5% RoI discount from bank for the portion taken as loan.
Hey Congratulations!!
I just wanted to clear few misconceptions.

When you buy CSVP Comprehensive Service Package it includes 3 things:
1. Warranty
2. Service
3. Cost of spares not covered under warranty. Eg. Brake Pads/ Discs etc.

RSA is complimentary by Audi.

Insurance they quote in the price list is inflated one. Actual insurance cost is 1.35 Lacs aprx with all add on for Premium Plus.

Handling Charges are actually illegal and dealers in other states like Gujrat do not levy such charges.

All said and done there is nothing to be dishearten as the overall deal you got is good. Moreover its difficult to get quick delivery for vehicle of your choice these days. Since you are able to get your ride soon this is a big advantage.
Enjoy your ride
goenkakushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 15:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

re: 2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
Hey Congratulations!!
Thanks Kushal
Quote:
I just wanted to clear few misconceptions.
---
Thanks for helping to clarify. Really appreciated!
However, per their latest FY22 structure (w.e.f. 15Feb'22), there is a different commercial take on list prices and applicable inclusions, after which I could arrive at a discounted aggregate. And from April 1st, looks like these could again get changed, rather hiked!

You are right about insurance. It is very inflated. Like everything else about Audi
Have to be as persistent as the sales advisor to counter it, in our favor.

Things like handling/logistics charges are technically illegal and may differ for various states, I think. Within the same state though, these dealers collude on such items, is what I found.
When I enquired from a Mumbai dealer (different owner from Pune franchise) about the same charges last month, they were quoting a hefty list price and weren't ready to budge at all, illegal or otherwise.
Overall I think the March closing pressure may have abetted my negotiation process.

Quote:
All said and done there is nothing to be dishearten as the overall deal you got is good. Moreover its difficult to get quick delivery for vehicle of your choice these days. Since you are able to get your ride soon this is a big advantage.
Enjoy your ride
Thanks again, no disheartening feelings here! Indeed, getting the car of choice as per desired timelines, is crucial.

Last edited by JoshMachine : 26th March 2022 at 15:43.
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 11:25   #33
BHPian

Update:

Rear ended by a two wheeler who then speeds off without as much as an apology. Not even at a signal. He is speeding in normal moving traffic. Turned into the smallest lane he saw and ran off immediately. Equal parts disheartening and infuriating. The lack of social courtesy and general attitude of our public is even more saddening. The onlookers told my father, now if you can afford a car like this surely you can pay for the repairs. Absolutely appalling.

Thankfully the Parking sensors, lights and the reflectors are intact and working. Now will have to do paintless dent removal looks like. Since the bumper is made of fibre, it should be straightforward. After using a heat gun, it should just pop out.

2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!-videocapture_20220408111321.jpg

Will post an update after the repair.
sauravpat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 14:52   #34
BHPian

5 months and already 8000 kilometres in!

The dent mentioned in the previous post was removed very easily. Little bit of heat and it popped out. Minimal evidence that it was ever there.

2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!-20220407_19545201.jpeg

The car is performing really well. Zero rattles, squeaks and problems. The combined average over the 8k kilometres is 13.8 kpl which is really good.

On a recent drive to Mumbai and back, we got a fuel economy of 16.5 kpl throughout (including city driving in Mumbai and Pune). The engine seems to have completed the running in period and efficiency has gone up by around 10%.

Only iffy thing about the whole Audi experience so far has been the MyAudi connect app which is showing a different kilometres driven reading as compared to the odometer.

The app is showing a discrepancy of around 450 kilometres as compared to the car odo reading.

Important lesson to be taken is not to believe distance driven from an app while buying a used car in the near future when we will buy cars with connected apps in the used market.

This problem has been observed by fellow BHPians as well so it is clearly a problem in the app. Other than that nothing to report which is a good thing in itself.
sauravpat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 08:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravpat View Post
The dent mentioned in the previous post was removed very easily. Little bit of heat and it popped out. Minimal evidence that it was ever there.
--
The car is performing really well. Zero rattles, squeaks and problems. The combined average over the 8k kilometres is 13.8 kpl which is really good.
--
On a recent drive to Mumbai and back, we got a fuel economy of 16.5 kpl throughout (including city driving in Mumbai and Pune). The engine seems to have completed the running in period and efficiency has gone up by around 10%.
8k in 5 months is the way this car should be run
And to top it up with a FE of 13.8 kmpl overall, sounds about right. Also good to know the dent got cleared, getting these things curated is sometimes a hit or miss.

On the run-in period, I was wondering whether it should have got over much earlier than what you have experienced here? Do you see some tell-tale signs or just feel more "freeing up" of the engine revs etc.?

Quote:
Only iffy thing about the whole Audi experience so far has been the MyAudi connect app which is showing a different kilometres driven reading as compared to the odometer.
--
Important lesson to be taken is not to believe distance driven from an app while buying a used car in the near future when we will buy cars with connected apps in the used market.
--
This problem has been observed by fellow BHPians as well so it is clearly a problem in the app. Other than that nothing to report which is a good thing in itself.
The myAudi Connect issue, as you rightly observed, is definitely a "fly in the ointment" experience. Even I have seen a discrepancy (which I have noted in my thread) between the distance shown on the app and the actual odo.

For you, has the difference remained the same or increased over a period of time?
Old 6th June 2022, 18:31   #36
BHPian

HELP NEEDED!

I recently was driving from Pune to Karjat and suddenly got this warning message on my instrument cluster. I am attaching the picture. When I gave my car to Audi service pune, they called after inspecting the car( in 3 hours after taking my car) and told me it was the issue due to poor fuel quality. He asked me which fuel did I fill and my answer was Vpower Shell, he was very quick to tell me, DO NOT USE SHELL, we need 95 octane for best performance of our car and burning the fuel properly and told me to use any other fuel from BP or HP but not Shell. He also told me that few of his other clients also encountered the same issue hence the advice he gave about the fuel to be used and the cause of this warning sign.

I am not sure if this IS the actual reason hence seeking advice and help from you guys!
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!-f356737bb8f74aa39489fed83b5ebfac.jpeg  

Vidzy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 19:12   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidzy View Post
HELP NEEDED!

I recently was driving from Pune to Karjat and suddenly got this warning message on my instrument cluster. I am attaching the picture. When I gave my car to Audi service pune, they called after inspecting the car( in 3 hours after taking my car) and told me it was the issue due to poor fuel quality. He asked me which fuel did I fill and my answer was Vpower Shell, he was very quick to tell me, DO NOT USE SHELL, we need 95 octane for best performance of our car and burning the fuel properly and told me to use any other fuel from BP or HP but not Shell. He also told me that few of his other clients also encountered the same issue hence the advice he gave about the fuel to be used and the cause of this warning sign.

I am not sure if this IS the actual reason hence seeking advice and help from you guys!

We have completed 9.5k kilometres without any issue using HP/BP normal fuel. Not power or speed or anything. That being said we also have not used Shell fuel. I am not entirely sure of the cause. Better to let more experienced people comment.

Only thing that comes to mind is the Kodiaq thread where there was a fuel pump / fuel quality discussion going on couple of months back.
sauravpat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 10:43   #38
BHPian

Quote:
HELP NEEDED!

Sorry to see this yellow Exclamation !

Yes there have been reports about Shell using fuel additives which the VAG engines do not appreciate.

I have also completed 9k kms on Normal HP/BP pumps.

Were you still able to drive the vehicle with the error?
goenkakushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 10:58   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
Sorry to see this yellow Exclamation !

Yes there have been reports about Shell using fuel additives which the VAG engines do not appreciate.

I have also completed 9k kms on Normal HP/BP pumps.

Were you still able to drive the vehicle with the error?
Yes, i could drive and i did not find any issue, there was a bit of lag of slight drag when putting my foot down on the pedal, the audi service people told me that the fuel was not burning completely and hence this could have bene felt. After driving for about 80km the sign went away which also was recorded and seen in the analysis by the service people. Later once the yellow exclamation went away, the engine light came up. The Audi people told me the reason was the same and they have not found out any other issue apart from the fuel reason. They will again do some test drives today and check again and i expect my car back tomorrow.
Vidzy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 07:55   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Over 12K on the odometer on fuel from HP and IOCL without any similar issues or warning pop ups. I've read somewhere that the fuel burn cycle adjusts itself with the ron rating of the fuel its fed.

Earlier I'd mostly tank up at familiar HP fuel stations but since the Audi I've visited IOCL more often but haven't been very lucky with the availability of the XP95. That said when available the engine certainly feels more eager and crisp on the XP95 diet.

Last edited by manson : 8th June 2022 at 08:05.
manson is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 17:17   #41
BHPian

Quote:
They will again do some test drives today and check again and i expect my car back tomorrow.
Did you get the car back? Is everything sorted now? Do update.
Old 10th June 2022, 09:29   #42
BHPian

UPDATE:

Got my car back yesterday, boy how much did i miss my macchina!

I also managed to get the fault log from Audi service which i am attaching with this post. The fault seems to be due to poor quality of fuel used and they found no other issue with the car.

In an email to me they also mentioned this "fuel to be used Unleaded fuel only, with the min grade of RON/ROZ 95 Super premium."

Now i am not sure if Shell Vpower is with grade 95 but i think they are, so clearly the issue is not with shell but i feel this one particular case the fuel i got filled was adulterated.

I was very adamant with the service team that everyday hundreds of Audi's fill fuel in Pune from random fuel stations and if they got such complaints and warning signals before from any other client to which they said 1-2 not more. So i told them in my case this might be possible that the fuel i last filled might have been really poor and i will avoid that pump henceforth but if the same issue arise again then you guys need to check my car, its fuel system etc. Cause if this is the problem of fuel than you must be getting a lot more complaints specially from the BS6 cars sold in the last 2 years.

I hope this was a one off case and I do not get to see that dreaded yellow warning sign again ever!!

The protocol followed by Audi to rectify this problem was to remove the entire fuel( i literally did a full tank on the same day i got this warning signal :( , clean the fuel pump and re fix it. They did keep the fuel in a storage can and handed it over to me saying i could use this in some other car( does this make sense??).

This issue and rectification service costed me 10k(got them down from 15k) as this was not a problem of the car of manufacturing defect but a problem due to an external factor( fuel quality) so my warranty, extended warranty and service pack for 3 years did not help!
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!-img_0043.jpg  

Vidzy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 04:01   #43
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE:
I also managed to get the fault log from Audi service which i am attaching with this post. The fault seems to be due to poor quality of fuel used and they found no other issue with the car.

In an email to me they also mentioned this "fuel to be used Unleaded fuel only, with the min grade of RON/ROZ 95 Super premium."

Now i am not sure if Shell Vpower is with grade 95 but i think they are, so clearly the issue is not with shell but i feel this one particular case the fuel i got filled was adulterated.

I hope this was a one off case and I do not get to see that dreaded yellow warning sign again ever!!
I have been using Shell V-Power as well!
Although I did a tankful of normal Shell before switching back to V-Power.
I will still stick to Shell due to the numerous unknown petrol bunks on the highway.

Planning a trip from Bangalore to Pune soon. Please share the location of the Shell bunk you filled up. Will make sure not to tank up there.
gungax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 10:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

XP95 is the way to go for all VAG TSI motors. In my personal experience and have mentioned earlier on different threads, this issue can lead to fuel pump failure which will leave one stranded. Shell normal is with additives. Just see the colour of the petrol and you’ll know. Last i filled it was a pale yellow colour. V-power is way more expensive than XP95, may be equivalent to XP100. In various road trips via MH, RJ, GJ, I found plenty of bunks with XP95 and the network is only increasing. Can always use IOC fuel bunk locator too.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 20:19   #45
BHPian

Update: Trip to Alibag and back! Chance for the Floret Silver to shine

Ground clearance is a non issue even over a few broken roads thanks to the so called 'Heavy duty comfort suspension'. The alloy wheels and rear look extremely sporty. And the overall proportions are very handsome.

Grandmother was happy and comfortable in the back seat for long periods. Ingress and egress is a little problematic though for the elderly.

Driver's seat beige leather has become a little dirtier than I expected it would in 6 months. Will need to do a nice clean shortly.

Coming up on 10,000 km in 6 months. Great experience so far.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!-20220610_19544001.jpeg  

2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!-20220610_20010501.jpeg  

2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!-20220611_142046.jpg  

2022 Audi A4 Premium Review | A case for the base spec | EDIT: 14,500 kms up already!-20220611_133223.jpg  

Last edited by sauravpat : 12th June 2022 at 20:21.
sauravpat is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks