Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2022, 19:10   #16
BHPian

re: 2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!

Hi Sunay aka Fusionbang,

Congratulations on the beautiful machine aka The White Wolf and a beautifully penned comprehensive review. I am sure many T-Bhpians will use your review while deciding / evaluating this car.

Thank you for allowing me to drive your car. She is good mix of fun to drive with practicality of the space in the SUV avatar, compared to the M340i.

My sore point with BMW was the lack of a sunglass holder and the door pockets were very tiny.

The mods look amazing, esp the black grill.

Wishing you many many miles of fun and safe road trips.

PS: You definitely need to do the 555 in this !

Last edited by nikhilarni : 14th April 2022 at 19:11.
nikhilarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 20:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilarni View Post
Hi Sunay aka Fusionbang,

Congratulations on the beautiful machine aka The White Wolf and a beautifully penned comprehensive review. I am sure many T-Bhpians will use your review while deciding / evaluating this car.

Thank you for allowing me to drive your car. She is good mix of fun to drive with practicality of the space in the SUV avatar, compared to the M340i.

My sore point with BMW was the lack of a sunglass holder and the door pockets were very tiny.

The mods look amazing, esp the black grill.

Wishing you many many miles of fun and safe road trips.

PS: You definitely need to do the 555 in this !
Thanks Nikhil. I guess without driving your car, I might not have made up my mind to go with this car. I am glad I did and now I wait for an opportunity to get out and drive this beauty.

Yes, the sun glass holder is a miss and I forgot to mention that I had to get the sunglass holder for the sun shade and keep my glasses.

On other note, I had captured this exhaust notes in comfort mode and sports mode. Forgot to include in the review. The LCI versions have a muted exhaust compared to the outgoing models. However, I feel this is much more balanced and I love it.

Old 14th April 2022, 20:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Thanks Vibin. Compared to the 19" is a bit stiffer. But I changed the tires to Non run flat Continental DWS 06 plus, which has completely changed the game. Initially I had run flats and I was able to feel every undulations on the road, but now it is much better and I am loving it
I have installed Continental DWS on most of my vehicles and had great overall experiences. They offer a great balance of performance and usability (considering our winters). But I feel the sidewalls could have been a little stiffer which would improve handling.
vj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 21:54   #19
BHPian

Congratulations on the absolute cracker of a car.

The b58 is definitely one of the best engines around today and is brilliant in a package like the X3

I have the older F25 3.0d and absolutely love the car. Works so well with the Xdrive and dynamics. Plus is a mini SUV will all the practicality that comes with that.

Many happy miles and cheers!
Thegermanbadger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 12:21   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on the beast!

It looks like a true enthusiast car with all the classy changes.
Shitij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 16:07   #21

Congrats on the White Wolf.

We too got home our Caballo Blanco - X3 20d earlier this month and are blown away by refined engine and easy surge.

One question - where did you pick up the 3D mats? Amazon.com shows that the mat are not compatible with 2022 model.

Have a great ride.
Old 18th April 2022, 17:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for the wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeCee21 View Post
Congrats on the White Wolf.

We too got home our Caballo Blanco - X3 20d earlier this month and are blown away by refined engine and easy surge.

One question - where did you pick up the 3D mats? Amazon.com shows that the mat are not compatible with 2022 model.

Have a great ride.
I got the front and rear mats on a website called AutoAnything.com and the cargo liner on Amazon. However, I had to choose the year as 2021, because they have not yet updated the sites for the product to reflect for 2022. So you should be good to choose 2021 and place the order. The fittings should be perfect too, since the LCI model has got only aesthetic changes and nothing has changed size wise.
Old 18th April 2022, 18:04   #23

Quote:
Thank you all for the wishes

I got the front and rear mats on a website called AutoAnything.com and the cargo liner on Amazon. However, I had to choose the year as 2021, because they have not yet updated the sites for the product to reflect for 2022. So you should be good to choose 2021 and place the order. The fittings should be perfect too, since the LCI model has got only aesthetic changes and nothing has changed size wise.
Thanks I shall look up both the sites.
Old 2nd May 2022, 21:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Did a 1000 mile road trip this weekend in a day and a half and it was an amazing drive both ways. The drive was not exhaustive, even though I was doing good speeds over the interstate highways and drove enthusiastically. It was a solo drive and I got an opportunity to do some unmentionable speeds and enjoy the beast mode aka Sport plus mode in my BMW.

Couple of pictures from the drive from the drive.

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_7700.png

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_7694.png

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_7673.png

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_7679.png

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_7682.png

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_7691.png

Last edited by libranof1987 : 4th May 2022 at 18:20. Reason: PM'ing
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 18:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

With 9000 miles on the ODO in 9 months, I wanted to get the annual service done. Actual reason was due to an alignment issue which a local Pep boys store messed up when I switched back to summer performance tires and with a beautiful road trip coming soon wanted my beast to be in a perfect shape

Oil Filter, Synthetic Oil, Windshield fluid were the major changes done during this service which is covered as part of the BMW Annual service maintenance. Ideally, it should have been a free service, but due to the messed up alignment, had to pay a whopping 250$ for wheel alignment. I am glad the issue is resolved and realized there is no point trying to save some money and mess up things with a luxury segment car.

The issue has been taken care of and it is up to my satisfaction. Now can't wait for the next long 1500 mile road trip being planned and test the handling of this beauty on one of the best roads to drive in US.

Sorry for not posting any pics, but next post should hopefully be with some amazing pictures of the White wolf.
Old 1st June 2022, 18:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Memorial Day long weekend was well spent with family and the white wolf. Did a 1000 mile road trip to one of the most scenic mountains in the east coast with a mesmerizing view from the top. Climbed the famous Mount Washington Summit through Auto road and it was a lifetime experience driving through the clouds.

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img7884.jpg

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img7888.jpg

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img7920.jpg

Next day, the weather was good and we decided to do the Cog railway where you climb the mountain on a train with some amazing views.

Quote:
The Cog is the first mountain-climbing cog railway in the world. With an average grade of 25% (some sections approach nearly 38%), it’s also the second steepest! Motive power is primarily provided by a fleet of seven powerful biodiesel locomotives, each custom designed, built and maintained on site. And with a nod to its steam heritage, the railway also continues to operate a pair of coal-fired steam engines in the warmer months, both well over a century old.
2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-cog.png

The drive itself from Philly to Mount Washington and back was brilliant and enjoyed the drive thoroughly and this was almost like a recce for the upcoming drive in July with some of the bhpians

Coming up - Some minor visual mods
Old 6th July 2022, 18:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Cosmetic Mods:

Crystal Start Stop Button

Saw this mod in one of the bimmer forum thread and looked appealing. Ordered this from AliExpress and it was a 5 minute job to replace the start stop button. Gives much more luxury feel inside the car.

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_8045.jpg

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_8050.jpg

Carbon Fiber Plastic Trim

I did not had an option when buying the car to choose the trims, hence decided to add these plastic trims to cover the existing trim and give it a sportier look on the inside

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_8070.jpg

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_8182.jpg

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_8184.jpg

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_8185.jpg

50th Anniversary BMW Emblems, Steering logo sticker replacement & Wheel Center hub caps

Again, saw somebody changing the emblems into 50th Anniversary emblems on a white M40i and they looked too good to resist. Went ahead with these replacements from Ali Express. May be I will go with OEM emblems, once they become available for sale at the dealership.

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_8073.jpg

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_8147.jpg

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_8148.jpg

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_8156.jpg

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_8157.jpg

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_8153.jpg

Change the registration plate to "WHTE WLF"

Finally, after naming this beast as White Wolf, it was time to display it on the car

2022 BMW X3 M40i aka White Wolf | Ownership Review. EDIT: Sold!-img_8155.jpg

Upcoming: Big drive coming up this weekend and excited to do drive this beast on one of the most famous roads in the US. Stay Tuned!

Last edited by fusionbang : 6th July 2022 at 18:35.
fusionbang is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 06:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Cosmetic Mods:

Upcoming: Big drive coming up this weekend and excited to do drive this beast on one of the most famous roads in the US. Stay Tuned!

Always a pleasure to meet fellow T-Bhpians.

The White Wolf looks pretty classy in person, with all the mods done, calling out a few are the Anniversary emblem, the carbon fiber inserts and the crystal start / stop button.

Having been part of that purchase experience, I am very happy for you and the car. The White Wolf ( aptly named ) is a beauty to look and amazing to drive.
nikhilarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 22:57   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Fusionbang,

Somehow I missed this thread. It's wonderful to see that you have posted a detailed review of your WHITE WOLF.

The mods look subtle and nice. Can you share the link from where you ordered?

How many miles clocked and what's your feedback for new tires?

Look forward to continuous updates on your journey with your WW.

Cheers and Drive Safe !!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 02:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hey Fusionbang,

Somehow I missed this thread. It's wonderful to see that you have posted a detailed review of your WHITE WOLF.

The mods look subtle and nice. Can you share the link from where you ordered?

How many miles clocked and what's your feedback for new tires?

Look forward to continuous updates on your journey with your WW.

Cheers and Drive Safe !!
Thanks Avinash

Everything ordered on Aliexpress, few links which I bought from are not available anymore, a simple search should give multiple options. However, I am waiting on BMW to make the 50th anniversary emblems on sale at the dealers, to go OEM route. This is a stop gap arrangement for the emblems.

As of today, I have clocked 13700 miles in 11 months. On the tires, for now I am running the performance summer tires since I could not sell them and some people were quoting peanuts. Hence, decided to use them myself and switch back to Conti's in winter.

In the limited time I had the Conti's I loved them for the smooth ride quality, grip levels, performance, looks. I believe they are the best in the market currently apart from the Michelin PSAS 4. You can't go wrong with these tires, apart from the fact these are non RFT's and there is no spare in our cars. I have a tire sealant and tubeless tire repair kit in my trunk for emergency purposes, and also not to worry when we have free RSA.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks