Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2022, 10:52   #61
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Re: My first car is a BMW 6-Series GT 630d!

This is not a upgrade!!! Modernization at its finest...

Many congrats on the acquisition of your new beast. Have a pleasant and safe journey all the time.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 11:35   #62
BHPian

Wow. Some upgrade, that! Congrats. I thought I jumped several hoops to go from a City to BMW 3 GL, but you took that "giant leap for the mankind". Wish you many many happy miles ahead.

One thing that bothered me immediately after my purchase (just 3 weeks ago) was that BMW doesn't seem to have any connected features. Do you miss them? I think the digital key in 6 would give some solace. I sorely miss the remote engine start/pre-conditioning since I drive to Chennai and other places in TN a lot where the sun is not kind for most time of the year.
Impulsivemedusa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 11:36   #63
BHPian

Man, I can't imagine the joy of making that upgrade. You went from one end of the spectrum to the other and how! Thank you for the detailed narration of your experience and I'm gonna remember this when I splurge on my next car.

The bit where your stance shifted from going for an SUV, as that's the in thing now, to sedans really resonated with me. That was exactly my experience around 6 months back when I bought my first car. My budget was around 20 lacs and after test driving the usual suspects like your Kushaq, Seltos, Creta, Harrier, Compass, I just decided for the heck of it to test drive the new City and I was super impressed. There's something inherently pleasing about a sedans driving dynamics and for me the combination of driving pleasure, comfort, safety, and tech inside made the decision easy to get the car in it's top trim.

Congratulations and wish you lots of road trips and memories in your new car!
BrakeDancer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 11:58   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachet View Post
This has been a long pending item in my list to share with you all my first car buying experience. Will be extremely happy if this article helps at least 1 person with his/her car buying.
Owning a luxury car at some point in life will be for sure a milestone that everyone dreams about. When I started my research , I only had intention to buy something in the entry level luxury segment and I wanted an SUV as it's the market trend right now and all car manufacturers are investing more on that. Hence even I did not want to be left out of the trend.
Wow, first of all congratulations. Maruti 800 to BMW 6GT is a GIANT LEAP, must be exhilarating, even I can feel it.

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th March 2022 at 12:47. Reason: For ease of reading, please avoid quoting the whole post. Thank you!
sunnzepp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 15:40   #65
BHPian

Congratulations!!!

I feel short changed with my 630D now. I have BS6 one which was introduced just before this one - with the missing HUD and now missing laser lights.

Never the less - we are extremely happy with the car and strongly believe there is no other car that accomplishes our needs and wants as well as this one.
The color you've chosen is simply fabulous!!

Do go for a BMW secure insurance as I have recently been ripped off with my two alloys being bent and one having a crack. The insurance company refused to pay for it - and these alloys cost a BOMB!!! As luck would have it - last week a Mini commercial vehicle ripped up the front bumper (should take a week or so for replacement).
Also do go for the extended warranty as well as the service package. They have lot of options to choose from to suit your needs.

Wish you very happy and safe miles!!
samyakmodi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 15:52   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Do go for a BMW secure insurance as I have recently been ripped off with my two alloys being bent and one having a crack. The insurance company refused to pay for it - and these alloys cost a BOMB!!!
In my humble 330i, Secure was complimentary for the first year.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 15:57   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
In my humble 330i, Secure was complimentary for the first year.
It was in mine too. Next year onwards is what I meant. Sorry
samyakmodi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 16:24   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Also do go for the extended warranty as well as the service package. They have lot of options to choose from to suit your needs.
Yes, I have availed the service package and warranty.
Rachet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 20:43   #69
BHPian

Quote:
here are many people who can easily afford luxury cars among us but they are not comfortable spending it on cars. I do not differentiate like that. I like to spend on what I need and what can make me happy. But I will plan and wait for the right time.
Congratulations!
I fully agree with you. For many people, it is not the question of affordability. It is about whether they would really want to spend so much money on a car, or any other material object that would make them happy. This post of yours is truly inspiring for my wifey and I, who have been contemplating a jump from a Verna to a BMW 3 series for a few years now!
venus1975 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 21:48   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
Congratulations!
I fully agree with you. For many people, it is not the question of affordability. It is about whether they would really want to spend so much money on a car, or any other material object that would make them happy. This post of yours is truly inspiring for my wifey and I, who have been contemplating a jump from a Verna to a BMW 3 series for a few years now!
That's nice to hear. You should definitely go for it.
Old 25th March 2022, 09:13   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Maruti 800.. my first car which is a BMW 6 GT 630d M Sport- Bernina Grey ...
WoWooo...!

From some 40bhp to over 260bhp! You must be feeling "powerful", Rachet!

Congratulations and best wishes for miles and miles of "Sheer Driving Pleasure". One thing I noted from your pics that this also doesn't have "Sport+" mode like my X3 20d. My impression was 30d is fast enough to have a Sport+ mode like 30i or 40i engines. Have they omitted it recently?

Cheers,
-BJ
bj96 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 11:59   #72

Not many would even dream about having a 6 series GT as the first car. Congrats for such a superb choice. Good to know that you had Vivekji to help you out. I have recommended his YouTube channel to many friends and they all love it to the core!

Since you moved from a bare bones car to a tech laden one, what are the features that you find absolutely useful?

Wish you many miles of pure driving pleasure.
Shebin14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 16:40   #73

@Rachet - now this is what you call a dream upgrade ! Kudos to you brother .. this one looks so authoritative on the road, the presence is huge ..

Seeing your thread, got reminded of my upgrade from 800 to Skoda Octavia in 2006. I became an overnight celebrity in my working circles and amongst my friends 😀

Wishing you many more miles in this dream machine !
Aj_Pod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 21:00   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
WoWooo...!

From some 40bhp to over 260bhp! You must be feeling "powerful", Rachet!

Congratulations and best wishes for miles and miles of "Sheer Driving Pleasure". One thing I noted from your pics that this also doesn't have "Sport+" mode like my X3 20d. My impression was 30d is fast enough to have a Sport+ mode like 30i or 40i engines. Have they omitted it recently?

Cheers,
-BJ
Feels powerful without a doubt on highways. This beast is meant for that. But in my native roads, the 260+ bhp cannot keep up with the 40 bhp . 800 is the king in here . And also I dont think they ever had a sports+ mode in the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shebin14 View Post
Not many would even dream about having a 6 series GT as the first car. Congrats for such a superb choice. Good to know that you had Vivekji to help you out. I have recommended his YouTube channel to many friends and they all love it to the core!

Since you moved from a bare bones car to a tech laden one, what are the features that you find absolutely useful?

Wish you many miles of pure driving pleasure.
Talking cars is an amazing channel and the only youtube channel to which I have subscribed. If you are an enthusiast then this is exactly what you should be watching. I also recommend the channel to each and everyone with whom I used to have automobile related discussions.
The tech that I use the most are
1. 360 degree camera view
2. Parking assist
3. Different driving modes.
4. The different ways of opening the tail gate
5. Wireless android auto and apple car play.
6. The Active Park Distance Controls comes handy at tight parking spaces often.
Its been just 4 months , there are lot more for me to explore and enjoy. Situations make us use more stuffs. So I am waiting.
Old 25th March 2022, 21:23   #75

Super upgrade! Wishing you many many happy miles in the 6GT!

Wish you also keep this beast for more than 15 years and your kids can have a similar story to tell like yours!
BoxBox is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks