Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2022, 12:09   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My first car is a BMW 6-Series GT 630d!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Rachet, Im evaluating BMW Adv Eye 2.0 dashcam for my 530.
Suggest you wait for the Advanced Eye Pro 3.0. Supposed to be much better.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 14:02   #107
BHPian

Re: My BMW 630d| Ownership review after 8 months and 17,500kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachet View Post
Wireless Android auto and Apple car play - Pretty good feature . No wonder why it has become a deal breaker for almost every car buyer. I use it while on road trips. Have the habit of using google maps rather than the one which is loaded into the car.
Actually, there are big differences in using the inbuilt car map and the Android one, if the car is connected to the Internet and the map shows real-time-traffic-information (RTTI).

1. With the traffic information BMW can sense when to keep your car coasting or when to pull it out of coasting mode (an oncoming turn or a jam).
2. It can detect free parking slots near your fed-in destination and suggest parking and also activate your parking assistant
3. The inbuilt map neatly fits into your odometer console. You'll notice the clear difference in the details your odo console shows when you use inbuilt maps vs Android (though it is of course of little use without RTTI)
4. It can advise you on the weather in your destination when you arrive

In fact what we get as BMW voice assistant is a dumb assistant that can recognize only a pre-loaded set of instructions. The actual voice assistant actually learns from the way you drive, you speak, your standard settings and can suggest different things like seat position, ac setting, music (you can say, "Hey BMW, I'm stressed and it'll respond by changing settings to your favorites")...quite a lot when it is connected and learning.

While you can remote start your car with the digital key, it is limited to the range of the wireless device. In a connected car, you can start the car from anywhere (really remote) and also give a digital key to say, your wife to open the car in case you are away and she wants to open the door.

These are, by the way standard fare in BMWs sold across the world. We lose out on al these and more because BMWs here do not come connected.

Sigh
Impulsivemedusa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 17:18   #108

At present I have an Audi A3 among my 2 cars. Have been looking to buy a nice new car for quite some time. Your review helped me decide on the 630d. Saw the car at showroom a few days back and was in touch with the SA. However today when I was in the showroom (OSL Prestige, Kolkata) to book the car, got to know that BMW has removed 360 degree camera. What a disappointment. It's a deal breaker for me.

I wouldn't buy a car of this size and price without 360 degree camera. Especially as I plan to keep the car for 8 to 10 years and drive on congested city traffic. Even a car like Kia Seltos and newly launched Hyundai Tucson come with 360 camera. Quality of camera may not be same through. Maybe I will have to wait for a few months till they reintroduce this feature or may be when facelift is launched. And yes, HUD is also removed. Not sure if any other feature is also removed due to chip shortage.

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th October 2023 at 08:18. Reason: Spacing for readability.
Old 2nd January 2023, 07:59   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineet258 View Post
At present I have an Audi A3 among my 2 cars. Have been looking to buy a nice new car for quite some time. Your review helped me decide on the 630d. Saw the car at showroom a few days back and was in touch with the SA. However today when I was in the showroom (OSL Prestige, Kolkata) to book the car, got to know that BMW has removed 360 degree camera. What a disappointment. It's a deal breaker for me. I wouldn't buy a car of this size and price without 360 degree camera. Especially as I plan to keep the car for 8 to 10 years and drive on congested city traffic. Even a car like Kia Seltos and newly launched Hyundai Tucson come with 360 camera. Quality of camera may not be same through. Maybe I will have to wait for a few months till they reintroduce this feature or may be when facelift is launched. And yes, HUD is also removed. Not sure if any other feature is also removed due to chip shortage.
Yes, it's indeed a disappointment that they removed those features. In my experience 360 deg camera is a must in a car of this size. It is a feature that I use extensively. Other than the 360 deg cam , HUD I also heard that they are not giving the Display key anymore with the car. It is not in anyway a deal breaker but that's something which used to come along with 630d without having to buy it separately.
Rachet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 07:26   #110

Good morning all, I have driven compass since last 6 years and looking for BMW. Shortlisted vehicles- 3 GL, X3 diesel, 6 GT.

Need your help on:

1. Should we consider GT as it might go out of production in few months?
2. Does it make sense to buy diesel vehicle in this time? I love cars however not driving enthusiast.

Thanks
Atin
Old 29th October 2023, 10:33   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atin_k View Post
Good morning all, I have driven compass since last 6 years and looking for BMW. Shortlisted vehicles- 3 GL, X3 diesel, 6 GT.

Need your help on:

1. Should we consider GT as it might go out of production in few months?
2. Does it make sense to buy diesel vehicle in this time? I love cars however not driving enthusiast.

Thanks
Atin
1. According to me, even if it goes out of production most of the parts are shared between other cars in their portfolio hence part availability should not be an issue. Except for the exterior parts which defines the design of the car.
2. Choosing diesel engine should be based on the usage. If you drive a lot then its better to go with diesel , otherwise not. And the way I see it, future is still not set, so we will have to wait and watch the future of ICE .
Rachet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 22:54   #112
BHPian

There is a new signature edition with display key, HUD, gesture control and other features. Sounds like it only comes in blue color though.

https://www.bmw.in/content/dam/bmw/m...7113411444.pdf
Old 8th December 2023, 22:00   #113
BHPian

Quote:
1. According to me, even if it goes out of production most of the parts are shared between other cars in their portfolio hence part availability should not be an issue. Except for the exterior parts which defines the design of the car.
I have been watching your videos as I am also in the market for a 6Gt and going to the same dealer.

Your building looked familiar - thought it was the KG** building. I say a bit further down the road
Old 9th December 2023, 08:01   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptaadhya View Post
I have been watching your videos as I am also in the market for a 6Gt and going to the same dealer.

Your building looked familiar - thought it was the KG** building. I say a bit further down the road
Yes, you are right , it is the KG building
Old 19th March 2024, 05:15   #115

Quote:
2. Choosing diesel engine should be based on the usage. If you drive a lot then its better to go with diesel , otherwise not. And the way I see it, future is still not set, so we will have to wait and watch the future of ICE .
Hi Rachet, my brother is looking to buy 630i GT. How has your ownership experience been with 6 series? Any issues you have faced in 2 years?
Old 19th March 2024, 08:49   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile_plzz View Post
Hi Rachet, my brother is looking to buy 630i GT. How has your ownership experience been with 6 series? Any issues you have faced in 2 years?
Hi, I can without a doubt say that I am extremely happy with the car. I have faced no major issues so far that are worth mentioning.
Old 26th March 2024, 15:18   #117

Hi Rachet, This review has been very amazing and even pushing few of us to think about investing and enjoying a car worth almost Rs 1 Cr. I have recently come across an offer from KUN for 6 GT which I even forwarded in the WhatsApp group. They are giving this car with zero down payment and 10 years EMI. I am test driving one this week and will keep this thread posted how it goes.
grabbyG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 11:38   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabbyG View Post
Hi Rachet, This review has been very amazing and even pushing few of us to think about investing and enjoying a car worth almost Rs 1 Cr. I have recently come across an offer from KUN for 6 GT which I even forwarded in the WhatsApp group. They are giving this car with zero down payment and 10 years EMI. I am test driving one this week and will keep this thread posted how it goes.
Thank you. I hope you like the car and it suits all your needs. All the best with your car buying .
Old 2nd April 2024, 16:16   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabbyG View Post
I have recently come across an offer from KUN for 6 GT which I even forwarded in the WhatsApp group.
Best wishes on your 6GT search. Is it a 30i or 20d? As far as I know, the 30d was discontinued in early 2023.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks