Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2022, 17:54   #16
BHPian

re: Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!

Congratulations on being a proud Kia Carens owner. It looks beautiful, inside and out. I see you managed to cross the 12-13 lakhs budget you started with and got the Prestige Plus variant which in my opinion is the variant to go for in Carens. I wish they had the Prestige Plus variant with the 1.5 NA engine which could have been the most VFM variant if priced ~ 13 lakhs. 2 lakhs extra for the Turbo seemed a bit too much to me but apart from that, its a well-packaged car. I personally love the way it looks from the front.

I also considered Carens when I was out for my new car hunt just 2 months back. Loved its interior and the practicality it offered. The third row is actually usable in Carens with decent leg space and boot space. I couldn't take a test drive as it was not available when I visited the showroom. I heard about its bouncy ride and a bit of body roll which is expected in a car of this size hence decided to not go for it and chose City 5th gen instead. Long waiting for the Prestige variant, which was the best I could manage in my budget (12-13 lakhs post stretching), didn't help either.

Reading your review, I kind of got a feel of how it would have been like if I had also chosen Kia Carens. I also got insights on how to write an engaging and detailed initial ownership review which I am also working on. Wishing you many miles of enjoyable and hassle-free ownership.
divirokr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 10:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divirokr View Post
I see you managed to cross the 12-13 lakhs budget you started with and got the Prestige Plus variant which in my opinion is the variant to go for in Carens.

I heard about its bouncy ride and a bit of body roll which is expected in a car of this size hence decided to not go for it and chose City 5th gen instead.

I also got insights on how to write an engaging and detailed initial ownership review which I am also working on.
Thanks buddy!
Yes, I had to cross that barrier of 13L, as I was not getting anything in that bracket unless I selected Ertiga or lower variants of XL6 probably. Even my booked Seltos was nowhere visible, so had to increase the budget.

So far, no major bouncy ride experienced. But we were using just the middle row - probably it will be at the last bench which will feel road undulations.
But that would be sparingly used by kid - else it would be just a boot or a space for dog to relax on the drive.

All the best for writeup !

#########

For the sake of accessories, got the following done so far -

1. Paint Protection -
Similar to what I did with my Ciaz ( Post No #5 , here _ https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...60-000-km.html (Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!) ), called in Waxoyl Paint Sealant at home, and he did an excellent job.
I am no way in favor of pasting PPF sheets on paint, then waiting for them to get yellow with time, peeling them off etc. For me, a normal routine - clay, polish and wax once a year is enough.

Cost - 5500/-

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-wax-1.jpg

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-wax-2.jpg

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-wax-3.jpg

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-wax-4.jpg

2. Car Mats -
Since I had denied Kia a charge of 9200+GST for 7D mats, got the following from a local shop. Gets the job done, will probably last for couple of years maybe.
2 pieces for front.
2 long pieces for both back rows.

Cost - 3500/-

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-mats.jpg

3. Steering Wrap -
While I was getting the seat covers done, had them stich up leather/PU steering wrap too.
Looks good for now, not sure for how long this will last.

Cost - 500/-

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-steering.jpg

Failed Attempt !

Since installing a PIN type gear lock risks loosing warranty, I did ordered steering-clutch rod type lock. The one's which are most common in Amazon are red colored ones ranging from 550 to 900 approx. ( for example this - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )

For those contemplating buying this - please Do NOT. It does not fit ! Atleast for Carens, the distance between Clutch and Steering on upright position is more than the rod length. I had to return this, as It was a hassle to bring down the steering column each time for locking it.

Alternate Steering Lock ordered - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This has not been delivered yet, not sure if it would fit.

Finally, for Mileage Conscious folks,
Not sure if these MID numbers are correct,
as I am more inclined to believe tankful method, got the following mileage in 8AM NCR traffic run of about 15 kms.
This is turning out to be a game - beat the last score !

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-odo.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 23:00   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Thanks buddy!
Yes, I had to cross that barrier of 13L, as I was not getting anything in that bracket unless I selected Ertiga or lower variants of XL6 probably. Even my booked Seltos was nowhere visible, so had to increase the budget.

So far, no major bouncy ride experienced. But we were using just the middle row - probably it will be at the last bench which will feel road undulations.
But that would be sparingly used by kid - else it would be just a boot or a space for dog to relax on the drive.
Hey buddy,

Nice review !

Just wanted to ask that you talked about getting the wax done and called Waxoyl Paint Sealant ?

Can you let me know where to find them in Delhi if they are their or did you DIY ?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 30th April 2022 at 23:10. Reason: trimming quoted post.
Old 30th April 2022, 23:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayush_atish View Post
Hey buddy,

Nice review !

Just wanted to ask that you talked about getting the wax done and called Waxoyl Paint Sealant ?

Can you let me know where to find them in Delhi if they are their or did you DIY ?
It can be done in their office as well, or they can do it at your premises. They would need water and electricity point.

The product is Waxoyl 100 Plus Paint Sealent - details are available here -
https://www.waxoyl-usa.com/products/...nt-sponge.html

If you are from NCR, ping me one to one, and I'll share the contact info of their manager.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 00:00   #20

Quote:
It can be done in their office as well, or they can do it at your premises. They would need water and electricity point.

If you are from NCR, ping me one to one, and I'll share the contact info of their manager.
Hi Dear,

Thanks for quick reply, i reside in Delhi. So yes you can share their number to me.
Old 1st May 2022, 01:23   #21

Quote:

Yes please! Thanks in advance for your help .
Old 1st May 2022, 07:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayush_atish View Post
Hi Dear,

Thanks for quick reply, i reside in Delhi. So yes you can share their number to me.
Can you pls ping me your phone number or mail me - I am not able to send an email within TBHP as probably you have disabled it? Will loop my known in the company in that mail for a discount if possible.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 09:00   #23

Hi,
you can please email me at atishaydesign@gmail.com.

Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 18:09   #24
BHPian

A well written initial ownership review. Congrats .

My dealer offered me silver grey colour(I have booked blue) in the month of March. But my wife and kids were particular about the Blue and I had to skip it.

After seeing your pics, I am feeling sorry for my decision. The colour is nice. I would have saved over 50000, if I have opted for dealer's offering. Hoping to get my Carens in this month,as assured by the Dealer.

On a lighter note would like to share with you that on the way to Manali, in the year 2018, had a great food at Visco resorts, Mandi. A beautiful place.
Old 2nd May 2022, 18:05   #25

Congratulation on your New car!! Happy and safe driving!! Cheers
Old 3rd May 2022, 07:05   #26

Great review.

Please do share contact details of waxoyl manager.
Will use for my awaited xuv 700
Old 4th May 2022, 09:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekarora View Post
Great review.

Please do share contact details of waxoyl manager.
Will use for my awaited xuv 700
Please share your email address, will send him an email with you in cc.
Old 5th May 2022, 12:35   #28
BHPian

Update ::

1. Finally, found the perfect steering - clutch lock which fits perfectly for Carens.

Can be ordered online - a bit costly than the previous one, but gets the job done.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  63.3 KB

Amazon Link -
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. Also ordered a dashcam. This one is from Hero Group - price wise is almost similar to 70PAI or DDMAI Chinese one's.

Today is the last date for pre-order. Expected delivery in 4/5 days.
( Supports Class 10 Micro SD Card - upto 256GB )

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-1.jpg

Link - https://www.quboworld.com/qubo-dashcam-pro.html
Old 6th May 2022, 22:13   #29
BHPian

Hearty congratulations. Silver and white looks best colour on Carens.

Can u compare rear seat comfort of ciaz to your carens 2nd row. Also hows the ride quality on bumpy city roads in comparison to Ciaz.

I own XL6 and looking at Carens or Innova or an upgrade per se. Thanks for your write up it has been very helpful, because of your experience I went to see carens in 1st place ��
Old 9th May 2022, 23:04   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Hearty congratulations. Silver and white looks best colour on Carens.

Can u compare rear seat comfort of ciaz to your carens 2nd row. Also hows the ride quality on bumpy city roads in comparison to Ciaz.
Thanks !!
It's all praises from rear seat occupants for now.
No major potholes experienced, super smooth and comfortable.
Added advantage being that in Ciaz they had to get "into" - where as getting on and off from Carens is comparatively easy.
Of course cant compare with Innova, but spending 20L+ for a petrol engine which doesn't give even double digit mileage is useless.

##################

A small update :

Dashcam is delivered.
Tested it out at home itself, did not install it in car for now as it has to go in for first service. Will install it in car after the first service.

Clarity is decent enough, but real test will be when installed in vehicle. Will share a sample video when I am done installing it.

One more positive being that it's Made in India.

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-dc-1-.jpg

Name:  DC2.jpg
Views: 1376
Size:  136.6 KB

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-dc3.jpg

And a few misc photos. Though initially I was not too fond of silver color, but when I see it without washing/cleaning after a week, which includes highway travel, It feels so relaxing !!

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-u1.jpg

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-u2.jpg

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-u3.jpg

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-u4.jpg

Kia Carens 1.4L Petrol Manual | Ownership Review | 20,000 kms up!-u5.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks