Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2022, 05:15   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 10:15   #17
BHPian

re: A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up

Congratulations on this beautiful car. Wish you many a happy miles with this lovely machine. Your write up is beautiful with attention to a lot of details and even more pictures.

Last edited by SR-71 : 22nd May 2022 at 10:42.
SR-71 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 11:45   #18
BHPian

Meticulous would be an understatement. This has to be the definitive Audi A4 guide on the internet. Nowhere else have I seen this much useful information painstakingly presented in an easy to consume format. Thank you so much Amit for sharing this wonderful review. Your joy when you sit in your new car is evident and I hope the same continues for the next decade

Absolutely stunning photos as well. I can't think of a single question anyone will have about the A4 that will go unanswered after reading your thread. Thanks for giving our car the attention it deserves mate
sauravpat is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 12:59   #19
BHPian

This is such a beautifully written ownership review, I could emotionally connect through the entire process right from selection to the buying experience. Kudos to you Amit for compiling mother of an ownership review. The Audi A4 is the definition of elegance and class, right from the creases to alloy design, everything exudes a sense of maturity, it surely will age well. Rated 5 stars. Looking forward to your lovely experience with the A4.
sachin_cs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 15:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Insane ownership review!

It was written so well that after I put my phone down did I realise that I didn't buy the A4. Sigh.

Hope you a have a wonderful ownership and please keep posting pics of this beauty when you go on those dreamy trips.

Looking at this review I've realised that Audi made a monumental mistake by launching it initially with the 1.4 TSI besides the terrible marketing because of which people never knew such a car existed.

This is the kind of car 80% of luxury car owners want- power to cruise, comfortable ride, zero rattles and a quite cabin. Sad that it hasn't sold the way it should have in India.
Turbohead is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 15:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Many thanks Aditya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Congratulations on this beautiful car. Wish you many a happy miles with this lovely machine. Your write up is beautiful with attention to a lot of details and even more pictures.
Many thanks SR-71, for your kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravpat View Post
Meticulous would be an understatement. This has to be the definitive Audi A4 guide on the internet. Nowhere else have I seen this much useful information painstakingly presented in an easy to consume format. Thank you so much Amit for sharing this wonderful review. Your joy when you sit in your new car is evident and I hope the same continues for the next decade

Absolutely stunning photos as well. I can't think of a single question anyone will have about the A4 that will go unanswered after reading your thread. Thanks for giving our car the attention it deserves mate
Many thanks for the generous praise, Saurav!
Not sure about the claim for the definitive A4 guide but yes, the multitude of references did come in handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
This is such a beautifully written ownership review, I could emotionally connect through the entire process right from selection to the buying experience. Kudos to you Amit for compiling mother of an ownership review. The Audi A4 is the definition of elegance and class, right from the creases to alloy design, everything exudes a sense of maturity, it surely will age well. Rated 5 stars. Looking forward to your lovely experience with the A4.
Many thanks Sachin, for the kindest words!
Totally agree, the A4 is the best possible combination of what one wants in the segment. And this facelift has really garnered quite a lot of good faith among its followers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Insane ownership review!

It was written so well that after I put my phone down did I realise that I didn't buy the A4. Sigh.
Hope you a have a wonderful ownership and please keep posting pics of this beauty when you go on those dreamy trips.
Looking at this review I've realised that Audi made a monumental mistake by launching it initially with the 1.4 TSI besides the terrible marketing because of which people never knew such a car existed.
Many thanks Turbohead, for your wishes!
Yes, the 1.4 engine didn't help Audi's stature amongst the luxury car buyers, in general. With this 2.0 liter smooth TFSI engine, the A4 has now a very solid proposition.

Quote:
This is the kind of car 80% of luxury car owners want- power to cruise, comfortable ride, zero rattles and a quite cabin. Sad that it hasn't sold the way it should have in India.
Absolutely, the 190 hp power on tap + overall value is just very good.
I guess Audi's own siblings within the VAG are cannibalizing its sales to a certain extent.
JoshMachine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 09:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Wow, what a review. Much more detailed than any review of A4 available anywhere. Very impressed.

Though I am a BMW guy and will buy a 330i over this based on my priorities, I feel A4 is the most sensible buy in the segment. And A4 is definitely better choice than C with that puny 1.5 engine and ridiculous pricing.
sunikkat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 10:36   #23
BHPian

Excellent review @JoshMachine. Shows your passion of writing and love for your machine. Wishing you decades of happy and safe miles.
Jangra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:20   #24
BHPian

Excellent Review!!!

I just wanted to ask, are you really getting mileage of 11-13kmpl in city? I'm getting 6-7kmpl in the city. Highway I do get 13-14kmpl.

EDIT: I do drive on efficiency mode
Bruichladdich is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:49   #25
Team-BHP Support

Re: A dream come true: my Audi A4 TFSi

Sexy car and lovely report - in-depth and comprehensive! Loved reading it.

Audi's pricing is pretty insane considering the competition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
I couldn't locate the schematic of the A4 but here's a similar one on other model
Here:

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-1.png

Source (page 10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
However, inspite of all this, there's one element that Audi India seems to have missed out:

Attachment 2310274

There's this speaker housed in the rear parcel tray on the left side, but with the right speaker housing empty - a bummer! Now, that's totally non-Audi way of styling.
This is the subwoofer.
Gannu_1 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 12:12   #26
e46
BHPian

Congratulations! Apart from the light cream/ beige interior upholstery, there is nothing to not like about the venerable A4.

An honest feedback - you could have made it a little more concise.
e46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 13:34   #27

Wow! An excellent review of an equally competent car. Driving an Octy, I can relate to many strengths of the beauty. Sad, it has not set the sales charts on fire in India. Wishing you all smiles with her.
Ramukaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 13:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Wow, what a review. Much more detailed than any review of A4 available anywhere. Very impressed.

Though I am a BMW guy and will buy a 330i over this based on my priorities, I feel A4 is the most sensible buy in the segment. And A4 is definitely better choice than C with that puny 1.5 engine and ridiculous pricing.
Many thanks sunikkat, for the compliments!
Yes, the better sensibility quotient in this entry-level luxury segment is what pulled us towards the A4, coupled with our requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Excellent review @JoshMachine. Shows your passion of writing and love for your machine. Wishing you decades of happy and safe miles.
Many thanks Jangra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruichladdich View Post
Excellent Review!!!

I just wanted to ask, are you really getting mileage of 11-13kmpl in city? I'm getting 6-7kmpl in the city. Highway I do get 13-14kmpl.

EDIT: I do drive on efficiency mode
Many thanks Bruichladdich!
The city mileage is a wide range, sometimes even going higher towards 14 or 15 kmpl also or going back till 9-10 kmpl on the other side. The 11-13 kmpl is a general average number from over the ~2 months of ownership till date. The more kms I clock on the odo, the more stability I expect from this range.

I drive with a light foot usually, and am particular about gradual deceleration as well. Maybe that is aiding the cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Sexy car and lovely report - in-depth and comprehensive! Loved reading it.
Many thanks Gannu!

Quote:
Here..
----
This is the subwoofer.
Ah. I missed this, thanks a lot for sharing it here! Goes right into the inventory.
I see the document has other info as well, related to Audi Connect etc., which is very good but a distant dream for India variants. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
Congratulations! Apart from the light cream/ beige interior upholstery, there is nothing to not like about the venerable A4.

An honest feedback - you could have made it a little more concise.
Many thanks e46!
Your honest feedback acknowledged absolutely, but I might find it difficult to incorporate
I tend to get "carried away" when I am into writing reviews etc. (have couple of other threads on the forum with some detailing).
I usually dig into history, research about what's happening currently, and try to add some perspectives based on aggregated user experiences - and then attempt to put all of this into a concoction. In the process, I tend to leave out the 'concise' bit. As a workaround (if I can call it that), I index the information so that one can jump to a specific part directly without having to peruse through the entire lot. Hope this helps
JoshMachine is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 15:11   #29
BHPian

First of all, welcome to the A4 club mate, i bought mine just about the same time Sauravpat! Many many happy miles and safe miles ahead!

I have to admit and scream out loud - In my brief time here at Team BHP i have not seen such an elaborate, immaculate and precise ownership review. This is another level of detailing, writing and scripting! CONGRATULATIONS BUDDY!

Anyone how wants to buy the A4 in the future look no further, save this post, thread and you will be smiling forever! Infact i relived my buying process once again reading your thread.

Cheers!
Vidzy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 15:49   #30
BHPian

Congratulations, it's a looker and I wish you thousands of miles with it. Also what an amazing review, it topped the official review for me. I am out and out BMW guy but for this segment A4 really makes a great case for families. You are kind enough to prioritise back seat comfort for your family, in my case it would have been 330i eyes closed

I am a bit surprised you liked Hankook, I had those on my Mini for a year and my experience was strictly okay. I already knew they were bad but went for them as they were cheaper ones in the size I wanted. Keep an eye on the road noise and grip in rains. They tend to give up in rains easily.

Also that screen is HUGE, hope it doesnt distract you a lot.
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks