Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2022, 15:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: A dream come true: my Audi A4 TFSI

Wow, this feels like reading the older style Team BHP official reviews! Incredible detail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Lack of a full-sized spare wheel
Question about this: If you have a puncture, can the original wheel + tyre go into the spare wheelwell? If nor, does it need to be placed in the boot along with other luggage?
McLaren Rulez is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 16:29   #32
BHPian

re: A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post

Epilogue

Well, firstly, if you have reached this far to the epilogue, I hope you have enjoyed reading this story as much as I have enjoyed penning it down.
This has by all standards, the 'farthest' I have gone to write about something I have owned till date, as part of the initial review. Am sure its the car that has provided me the fuel so far. And am equally sure, it will continue to keep doing so in the future!
I'm pretty sure that the folks at Audi will struggle to write an owners manual and a marketing brochure so tastefully and with such detail.

Many congratulations and wish you a million kilometers with the beautiful brute!

Your Vento posts were an inspiration for my Rapid till I had the car. I'm sure your A4 post will convince quite a few to go on this route. Had this post arrived 1.5 months earlier, I would have gone in for one myself
roadrunner_nv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 17:08   #33
BHPian

re: A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up

I wanted to buy electric next. After reading this, I think I want an A4.
Kochikaran is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 17:12   #34
BHPian

Congratulations @joshmachine, You just got home another looker(Vento being the first one of course) and a perfect upgrade to the Vento.
Looks like you just turbocharged the josh in the joshmachine…

Wishing you lakhs of fun miles with this beautiful beast.

Cheers
W16Rocks
W16rocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 17:15   #35
BHPian

Many congratulations! and what a brilliant review - as someone said, this is another level of detailing.
we_pull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 17:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramukaka View Post
Wow! An excellent review of an equally competent car. Driving an Octy, I can relate to many strengths of the beauty. Sad, it has not set the sales charts on fire in India. Wishing you all smiles with her.
Many thanks for the wishes!
As part of the VAG, the A4's distant cousins are a close call - the Octavia is great alongwith the Superb (which I evaluated as an alternative).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidzy View Post
First of all, welcome to the A4 club mate, i bought mine just about the same time Sauravpat! Many many happy miles and safe miles ahead!
Many thanks Vidzy, for the warm welcome to the A4 club!
Hope to meet up soon in Pune.

Quote:
I have to admit and scream out loud - In my brief time here at Team BHP i have not seen such an elaborate, immaculate and precise ownership review. This is another level of detailing, writing and scripting! CONGRATULATIONS BUDDY!
---
Anyone how wants to buy the A4 in the future look no further, save this post, thread and you will be smiling forever! Infact i relived my buying process once again reading your thread.
Well, to be honest, I am really humbled to read such generous praise. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
Congratulations, it's a looker and I wish you thousands of miles with it. Also what an amazing review, it topped the official review for me. I am out and out BMW guy but for this segment A4 really makes a great case for families. You are kind enough to prioritise back seat comfort for your family, in my case it would have been 330i eyes closed
Many thanks turbowhistle!
The rear seat comfort was a very imp factor for the A4 final selection given that we, as a family of 3, travel together quite frequently.

Quote:
I am a bit surprised you liked Hankook, I had those on my Mini for a year and my experience was strictly okay. I already knew they were bad but went for them as they were cheaper ones in the size I wanted. Keep an eye on the road noise and grip in rains. They tend to give up in rains easily.
Thanks for the tip, will watch out for their performance as time rolls by. Hopefully, should get to test them in the rains, soon.

Quote:
Also that screen is HUGE, hope it doesnt distract you a lot.
Yes, I agree the screen is big. No doubt about it.

Call it intuitive or what, but there's a button to blank out the screen if it gets intrusive. And it's conveniently placed closer to the driver side of the console.
Check out this button highlighted in the red circle, one press and the screen turns blank. Press it again, and the party comes back to life on the screen:-

Name:  IMG_1919  Copy.jpg
Views: 1335
Size:  82.8 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Wow, this feels like reading the older style Team BHP official reviews! Incredible detail!
Many thanks McLaren Rulez!

Quote:
Question about this: If you have a puncture, can the original wheel + tyre go into the spare wheelwell? If nor, does it need to be placed in the boot along with other luggage?
Hmm, a very interesting and pertinent Q. Thanks for bringing it out. To be honest, I don't have a clear answer and just trying to hypothesize here.

The alloy wheel size is 225/50 R17 whereas the spare wheel is 125/70 R19 - which means a good 2 inches 'taller' but a 100 mm 'narrower'.

Now here's the pic of the boot with the spare wheel:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-xtmspazk.jpeg

The boot size is made to such a custom spec that I doubt if anything other than the spare wheel exact size can be accommodated there properly. However, in case of a puncture, I guess the regular alloy wheel (by virtue of having smaller rims) should atleast be able to plonk itself in the spare wheel well. The 225 mm might have a hump though, which should be manageable, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
I'm pretty sure that the folks at Audi will struggle to write an owners manual and a marketing brochure so tastefully and with such detail.
Many congratulations and wish you a million kilometers with the beautiful brute!
Thanks roadrunner_nv, for the generous words!

Quote:
Your Vento posts were an inspiration for my Rapid till I had the car. I'm sure your A4 post will convince quite a few to go on this route. Had this post arrived 1.5 months earlier, I would have gone in for one myself
The Vento/Rapid were in a league of their own. One of my friends suggested me to change the Vento's display picture on my username now that we have the A4, but guess that isn't easy!
Thanks again, hope to connect with you if you are around in Pune
JoshMachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 19:02   #37
BHPian

What a wonderful review! I never really cared for the A4, always preferring the BMW 3 series but this review has me looking at an A4 like never before! Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed and informative review.
Kapany is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 19:31   #38

That is as detailed as a review can get!! Wonderful post and great insight into the car.

Last edited by Babu R : 23rd May 2022 at 19:44.
Babu R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 20:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochikaran View Post
I wanted to buy electric next. After reading this, I think I want an A4.
Many thanks, will take that as a compliment

Quote:
Originally Posted by W16rocks View Post
Congratulations @joshmachine, You just got home another looker(Vento being the first one of course) and a perfect upgrade to the Vento.
Looks like you just turbocharged the josh in the joshmachine…
Wishing you lakhs of fun miles with this beautiful beast.
Many thanks! The 'turbo' comment is so apt . I am finding it hard to maintain sanity with almost twice the power surge (on the roads, that is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by we_pull View Post
Many congratulations! and what a brilliant review - as someone said, this is another level of detailing.
Many thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapany View Post
What a wonderful review! I never really cared for the A4, always preferring the BMW 3 series but this review has me looking at an A4 like never before! Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed and informative review.
Many thanks, glad this is giving you options to consider alternatives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babu R View Post
That is as detailed as a review can get!! Wonderful post and great insight into the car.
Many thanks!
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 20:36   #40
BHPian

Congratulations again! A nicely written review. All the time I was reading the review, I had a sense of familiarity on what you were writing. It was as if I was reading about my own A4, but with the difference that it had grown up and learned new skills and gotten new features.

I agree with you regarding the design of Audi alloy wheels. There is only ONE design in the Audi stable that I absolutely love - this is the 5-spoke rotor design. Unfortunately it's not available in 17", so an upsize to 18 or 19 is needed. But, I do like the design that your Audi has come with.

Audi rightly calls the Hankook Ventus as the summer tyre. I had to switch from studded winter tyres to Summer tyres 3 weeks ago. I considered getting the Hankook, but finally settled for the Yokohama BlueEarth AE51. I still think the Hankook's are pretty decent tyres.

There is one thing I don't understand about Audi in India though - Why won't they sell the A4 quattro? I remember seeing a Q2 quattro when I was in Bombay in April, so if the Q2 gets it, why not the A4?

Last edited by iceman7 : 23rd May 2022 at 20:41.
iceman7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 00:43   #41
BHPian

Nice and detailed review of a very well put together car. Your passion for the A4 really shows.
Too bad Audi doesn’t offer the Quattro option in India.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 04:24   #42
BHPian

There are two types of reviews for me. One, reviews which give a biased outlook and help you take a judgement. Two, reviews which just make you want to experience the product. This is clearly the latter.
A lot of accolades have already been shared here and I am in complete agreement with them. You have written a wonderful review, so much so that after reading it, I too want an Audi A4.
I have just one noob question though, with all the different driving setups (efficiency, comfort, sporty and dynamic) & steering feedbacks does it sometimes become a question of too much to chose from? Not to mention, one can individually customise these permutations, does it end up complicating the experience?
Zignor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 09:45   #43
BHPian

This is one detailed review! Congratulations on the purchase, wishing you many happy miles with it. You have explained the quirks and features even better than the manufacturer would be able to, really well penned down.
chaksjr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 09:49   #44
Team-BHP Support

Exceptional, unbiased & detailed ownership reviews of cars have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also been included here. Thank you so much for sharing .

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-reviews.png
Aditya is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 10:42   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Exceptional, unbiased & detailed ownership reviews of cars have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also been included here. Thank you so much for sharing .

Attachment 2312071

It'll be great if you can link this review on the C class Vs 3 series vs A4 thread as well along side my ownership review. This is much more comprehensive and will enrich that thread
sauravpat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed