Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2022, 12:16   #46
BHPian

Re: Let there be light

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post

The stock fog lights were then removed and a new clamp and projectors were installed, along with the relays to make the cornering function work. Then wires were run from projectors to the battery for power and the high beam was tapped and connected to the fog lights so that if the fog lights are on and if I switch on the high beam, the fog lights also will switch to high beams.
Light upgrade is very good. Unfortunately most cars these days come with poor bulbs.

About tapping the high beam, I am assuming the installer used scotch locks? If so, ensure the connection is very well water proofed. Without that, the stock wires will oxidize over a period of time and cause a poor connection and failure.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 17:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:

Interesting trivia: After removing the high beam bulbs, we realized that one headlight was having Philips bulb, while the other was having Osram bulb.
--Anoop
Exact same was situation with my Tata Zest
ASHUJNMC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 17:38   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Light upgrade is very good. Unfortunately most cars these days come with poor bulbs.

About tapping the high beam, I am assuming the installer used scotch locks? If so, ensure the connection is very well water proofed. Without that, the stock wires will oxidize over a period of time and cause a poor connection and failure.
Thank you.

I think I used the wrong terminology when I said the high beam was tapped and connected to the fog lights. What was actually done is, the wire was stripped, and put along with the headlight legs inside the headlight socket. The existing wiring is not touched at all.

Not really sure if I still managed to explain the process without confusion - I blame it on my writing skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHUJNMC View Post
Exact same was situation with my Tata Zest
Some things never change, eh?

--Anoop
Old 10th October 2022, 17:46   #49
BHPian

Quote:
What was actually done is, the wire was stripped, and put along with the headlight legs inside the headlight socket. The existing wiring is not touched at all.
If you meant this, then it could still be a loose joint if its not properly mated with a corresponding pin but rather just curled around the pin. Note that vibrations on the car and engine bay area are significant enough to let a nut/bolt and screw come off. This is why manufacturers use thread lock or tighten nuts to a specific torque.

Name:  HLPins.png
Views: 1208
Size:  268.1 KB
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 19:35   #50
BHPian

Re: Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition

I’ve heard lots of praise for NovSight LEDs , buy I don’t see any online authorised seller for the same in India.

How/Where can i buy the latest N52 series in India ?
Old 25th November 2022, 16:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Checked the next list item in the upgrade list - installed TPMS

While I always wanted to install a TPMS system, spending close to 8-10K for the same was holding me back - till I came across a WhatsApp group buy link in the SOUL group where a dealer was offering Treel TPMS at mouthwatering prices. Soon after I joined the group, a fellow Harrier owner put his experience, and that bolstered my confidence to give the group a try.

I placed an order for a set of 4 internal TPMS sensors and got them for 2550 INR. The delivery was fast and prompt and since anyway the car was due for balancing and alignment, went to Madhus.

As usual, the experience at Madhus was top-notch. They installed the TPMS and also made sure that there is no leak by dunking the tyre in water.

The total cost was close to 3K, including TPMS installation, road force balancing, alignment, and weights.

A set of 4 internal TPMS sensors:
Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img20221109084636.jpg

Close-up view - 1:
Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img20221111085832.jpg

Close-up view - 2:
Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img20221111085837.jpg

Close-up view - 3:
Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img20221111085925.jpg

Installation - 1:
Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img20221111100818.jpg

Installation - 2:
Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img20221111100900.jpg

Installed!:
Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img20221111100920.jpg

Checking for leaks:
Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img20221111101209.jpg

The TPMS display in the infotainment system:
Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img20221111171851.jpg

Pros:
The price
Sturdy construction
The app is straightforward to use
Easy to pair up the sensors with the app. IF you are rotating tyres, just drag and drop the tyre icon and you are good to go.

Cons:
No manual refresh to see the current air pressure. The app refreshes the value of each sensor in around 40 seconds to 1 minute, so the omission of manul refresh is not something of a dealbreaker.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 10:04   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Checked the next list item in the upgrade list - installed TPMS

While I always wanted to install a TPMS system, spending close to 8-10K for the same was holding me back - till I came across a WhatsApp group buy link in the SOUL group where a dealer was offering Treel TPMS at mouthwatering prices. Soon after I joined the group, a fellow Harrier owner put his experience, and that bolstered my confidence to give the group a try.

I placed an order for a set of 4 internal TPMS sensors and got them for 2550 INR. The delivery was fast and prompt and since anyway the car was due for balancing and alignment, went to Madhus.

As usual, the experience at Madhus was top-notch. They installed the TPMS and also made sure that there is no leak by dunking the tyre in water.

The total cost was close to 3K, including TPMS installation, road force balancing, alignment, and weights.

--Anoop

That's an incredible price, could you mention where to buy it from? Thanks
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 10:58   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Hi,

You can join the WA chat group using this link - https://*******************/L0cd9SMLOF6DbOopsgnMR3

Kunal Relan is the name of the dealer who runs this WA group.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 11:51   #54
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

That is a fantastic price. Just outbof curiosity, can tpms sensors be fixed in steel rims running tubeless tyres?
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 17:13   #55
BHPian

Quote:
The TPMS display in the infotainment system:
Attachment 2383896

-
Hey great find. Is the tpms display via Android Auto/ car play or something else.

How accurate is it.

Thanks
RaviCAR
RaviCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 17:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Hi,
Got my Treel TPMS installed today, I visited their website, looked for the nearest dealer. I spoke to the owner and visited them, each sensor costed Rs 500/-, with GST it costed 2560/- (for four wheels), which I feel is very reasonable.

Only issue is that you need to use an IOS app (iPhone Users) instead of the in built touchscreen.

Hope this helps

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img_6090.jpeg  

Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img_6091.jpeg  

smileline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 16:18   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
That is a fantastic price. Just outbof curiosity, can tpms sensors be fixed in steel rims running tubeless tyres?
Yes, it can be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviCar View Post
Hey great find. Is the tpms display via Android Auto/ car play or something else.

How accurate is it.

Thanks
RaviCAR
I use an android mobile and yes, it is displayed on the touchscreen via android auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post
Hi,
Got my Treel TPMS installed today, I visited their website, looked for the nearest dealer. I spoke to the owner and visited them, each sensor costed Rs 500/-, with GST it costed 2560/- (for four wheels), which I feel is very reasonable.

Only issue is that you need to use an IOS app (iPhone Users) instead of the in built touchscreen.

Hope this helps

Regards
Wow, that is good to know. Treel does work with android - I am using the android app on my mobile and it displays on the infotainment system using android auto.

--Anoop
Old 7th December 2022, 00:30   #58
BHPian

Installed Treel tpms today.
Bought from Kunal Relan only. ₹3150 for 5.
Installed at balaji Tyres Delhi/ gurgaon border. Recommended. https://g.co/kgs/hXTLm6 - ₹500 for 5 tyres.
Plus 700 for tyre balancing and alignment which was due 8500kms since last.
Total: 4350.

Pros:
Looks reliable 5yr Warranty
sets/fits well
easy installation
Android auto display
Can set individual tyre pressures

Cons:
Notifications don't go away even after disconnection. And going to be a permanent feature. Taking screen real estate for ever.
No apple car play support.

Tips:
Configure and label tyres before going to store.
Attached Thumbnails
Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img_20221207_003409.jpg  

Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-screenshot_20221207000646794_com.miui.home.jpg  

Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img_20221206_175524.jpg  

Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img_20221206_155316.jpg  

Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img_20221206_155238.jpg  

Chronicles of Strider, the Black Beast | Our Tata Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition-img_20221206_155105.jpg  

Last edited by RaviCar : 7th December 2022 at 00:37. Reason: Edited image for masking licence plate
RaviCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 20:54   #59
BHPian

Last Week I bought 5 Treel TPMS sensors in Chennai for a total cost of Rs.2500 (Each cost Rs.500). When I enquired with one dealer in OMR Road, he quoted Rs.1000 for each sensor. But I bought it in Royapettah for Rs.500 per sensor. Since I bought new tyres, they were installed for free of cost.

People can save money if they approach the dealers directly.

Last edited by TorqueKnight : 7th December 2022 at 20:55. Reason: Grammar
TorqueKnight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 13:53   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviCar View Post
Notifications don't go away even after disconnection. And going to be a permanent feature. Taking screen real estate for ever.
You can disable the notification:-
Tap and hold on the notification or swipe left on the notification>tap on the settings icon>toggle the notification off.
Hope this helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks