Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2022, 12:39   #16
BHPian

re: Genius v/s Insanity - Part 2 | My 2022 Jeep Compass 2.0 Limited(O) MT | Galaxy Blue

Amazing review CD. Wish you as many happy miles and years as you enjoyed with your iconic Punto. I took a TD of a 2.0 MJD Manual, and I was blown away by its highway manners - it held its own even when compared to my 3-series. Any mods / upgrades in the works?
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 19:19   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Genius v/s Insanity - Part 2 | My 2022 Jeep Compass 2.0 Limited(O) MT | Galaxy Blue

Nice and a very detailed unbiased review, Sujai! Superb pictures as well.
Also, great to see your long search come to an end with an excellent machine. Many Fiat guys have ended up with a Jeep.

Strange that they are still withholding the cruise control for the manual version. This would have been a good one for your Bangalore – Trivandrum drives.

Regarding the bumper lip, they had shortened it starting from 2019, wonder why they went back to the bigger one again. My Compass came with the bigger one, but despite multiple hits it has stayed strong :-)

Wishing loads of safe and happy miles with your Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Good, it didn't happen back then, because looking at these pics I shot in 2017 (of the Sport variant that we could afford), it doesn't even feel like the same car -
It’s not just the price that has gone up, but a big transformation in the product as well. Current Longitude/Sport model is close to the top end of the 2017/2018 models. And the current S model and Limited gets a whole lot of features when compared to the top end of the 2017/2018 model.
arun_josie is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 08:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
At the time of publishing this report, our Compass has covered ~1 month and 4000kms. The below initial impressions will be updated and relevant links included in the glossary during various stages of the ownership experience
Congratulations CrAzY dRiVeR. I have one question though on the dislikes. I am seriously considering the Meridian. However a lot of Compass owners keep reporting on the squeaks and rattles. Can you elaborate a bit more on this ? Is it a persistent problem ? I am a bit worried that this will deteriorate with time, what do you think ?
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 09:49   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Amazing review CD. Wish you as many happy miles and years as you enjoyed with your iconic Punto. I took a TD of a 2.0 MJD Manual, and I was blown away by its highway manners - it held its own even when compared to my 3-series. Any mods / upgrades in the works?
Thank you. A 3 is a 3 and was on the top of my list too, if the family was open to pre-owned options.

No mods planned for now. Will see later on as needs arise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Strange that they are still withholding the cruise control for the manual version. This would have been a good one for your Bangalore – Trivandrum drives.
Absolutely! Missed it already during the last drive. Cruise control works best with an automatic, but surely could have been implemented for the manual too. Makes sense to drive on cruise control with these constant, irritating 120 km/h beeps.

Quote:
It’s not just the price that has gone up, but a big transformation in the product as well. Current Longitude/Sport model is close to the top end of the 2017/2018 models. And the current S model and Limited gets a whole lot of features when compared to the top end of the 2017/2018 model.
True. In fact the current Limited(o) is also more loaded than the old Limited Plus. S gets a lot more features, but I wish the cosmetic bits were options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Congratulations CrAzY dRiVeR. I have one question though on the dislikes. I am seriously considering the Meridian. However a lot of Compass owners keep reporting on the squeaks and rattles. Can you elaborate a bit more on this ? Is it a persistent problem ? I am a bit worried that this will deteriorate with time, what do you think ?
Currently your guess is as good as mine. I can confirm that the highest management levels are aware of this issue and assure us that the issue is mostly fixed with the 2022 updates (There was a slight update in March as well). But then - long term ownership reports are the only way to truly judge this.

On my car - there are some squeaks at times and the odd rattle, but nothing persistent or irritating as of now. Will need to see how it will deteriorate with time.

By the way, if that is your biggest concern - you should take a look at Citroen C5 as well. I'm hearing excellent reports on the build quality of that car.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 12:41   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. Thank you for the very elaborate review ( can't ask for more ). The car looks stunning in Blue.
Me too had a similar preference for multi-toned white interior than black ( since the cabin is actually small ).
Wishing you lakhs of happy kms.
enj0y_ride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 12:53   #21
BHPian

Firstly, congratulations on your new Compass!! Reviews like these make you want to buy that Car even though there is no requirement for one. Wish you happy miles with the Jeep.
CrossLife is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 15:18   #22
BHPian

Excellent review CD, of an excellent car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossLife View Post
Reviews like these make you want to buy that Car even though there is no requirement for one. Wish you happy miles with the Jeep.
Haha, exactly my thoughts Really felt like getting one. However, leaving aside the elephant in the room (PRICE!!) , I wish it was available in a well tuned AT box.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 15:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Strange that they are still withholding the cruise control for the manual version.
How do you live with this limitation man? I remember your Linea had cruise.

Quote:
Missed it already during the last drive. Cruise control works best with an automatic, but surely could have been implemented for the manual too.
Having experienced it in an AT and MT. I preferred the cruise experience with MT. You are more conscious on the speed and gear you are in at the time of engagement in an MT than in an AT. This avoids those violent acceleration scenarios
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:23   #24

Congratulations CrAzY dRiVeR. I have a question, how would you rate the pricing of the updated compass in comparison to the older version? It is no secret that the Compass was always overpriced but the updated version is a step above, I have the diesel limited from the 2017 and although no complaints as such with the car itself, I do miss a lot of features and was actually looking to upgrade to latest Compass. Overpriced higher variants and a little to no enthusiasm from sales guys to sell does not help much in executing this unwise decision. Is it worth taking plunge again with latest feature additions and automatic transmission in diesel. Not sure if any other Team-BHP member has done that. Would really appreciate to know if someone else has done that or planning to do the same.
Old 9th May 2022, 17:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant ownership thread, Sujai - another landmark one like the Punto. Jeep Compass is probably the best SUV you can now buy under 30L and I am really happy that you stretched and went for the Limited (O).

Wish you many more happy miles.

--Anoop
Old 9th May 2022, 19:34   #26
BHPian

Congratulations CrAzY dRiVeR on-
1. A happy ending to your 5 year love story
2. Getting home the best driver's SUV in India this side of 40 lakhs
3. The best engine gearbox combination offered on the Compass
4. One of the best colors on the Compass
5. The best variant too- Limited (O) to me strikes the best balance between price and features in the Compass range

On price I would always argue that the Compass, even at current prices is a bargain. It is over-priced for only those who bucket it in the same category as a Creta or Seltos. The Compass is a higher segment car – compare with Tucson and Tiguan and then it is a VFM product and the market agreees. It sells 6X higher than them too.

14 kmpl is great fuel efficiency to start with and it will only go up post first couple of services. You got 10.6 kmpl on the petrol Compass test drive
The build quality of the Compass is awesome, and so much better than the Fortuner. The audio system, while not one for audiophiles, is great for the average listener seeking music clarity.

The original Limited (o) variants came with 17 inchers as you rightly said. And the ride quality on them was just heavenly. The 18 inchers are stiffer, and the Turanzas do not suit an SUV of this weight at all, and the size is also unique- hardly any other brand HT options out there, forget AT. Thankfully the Meridian has the Duelers in a size that has some more aftermarket options available.

You can get the wind deflector changed to a smaller one at Jeep ASC. Costs 1800 bucks I believe.

I had two issues with the Compass- weak auto AC (always kept it in manual control mode) and weak headlights (which I fixed with an upgrade to HIDs). Not sure what is the fix for these new ones with LED reflectors.
achyutaghosh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 22:33   #27

Hello there and congrats for your new ride. I myself is getting a Jeep compass, and the vehicle is already at the dealership. However the pics of the vehicle shows that the seat clear plastic covers have been already removed, and they are saying it's their standard practice while doing PDI.

Can you confirm on the same, TIA.
Old 10th May 2022, 00:07   #28
BHPian

Congratulations. If your Punto thread is anything to go by, then not so fortunate people like me shall live the JEEP Life through this thread.
Old 10th May 2022, 01:05   #29

There are reviews, which make us hit the back click.

And

There are reviews like yours, which makes people buy.
Every word is from your heart and okayed by your head. You have raised the bar higher for other mod reviews !

Happy motoring
Old 10th May 2022, 07:52   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
How do you live with this limitation man? I remember your Linea had cruise.
No, my Linea didn't have cruise control, I think this was added in the face-lift version. So, thankfully I am not used to cruise control :-) But I wish I had it. Two days back when I was driving one of my friend's Compass, It was really tough to maintain the 120 speeds due to the mandatory speed alarm. Cruise control would have been very handy here.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks