Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2022, 21:43   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT

Awesome thread RavenAvi! Heres' to wishing you a million happy miles with the car!

Well thought out decision. Your thread can be a treasure of information for anyone who loves their XUV & wants to treat it right.

Wings! *bulb glows*
Ever since Hector was launched with the tacho-dials rising in the opposite sides, I couldn't quite "Get It". Finally now that you compare the instrument dials to be thought of as Wings, it finally makes me comfortable with the instrument cluster, admire it even!

I too just got my XUV serviced today, seeing the music system in ScorpioN have Android Auto gives me hope that the update would be offered to the MX version too.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 4th July 2022 at 21:46.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 22:39   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Style selected is Carbon Fiber 3D.
Attachment 2329107
I don't know if it's the angle of the picture, but the letters don't seem to follow the curve of the bonnet and look weird just pasted in the straight line.
No offence meant.
Stolidus500 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 00:03   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Your thread can be a treasure of information for anyone who loves their XUV & wants to treat it right.
Thank you so much for the kind words, my friend.

Quote:
Finally now that you compare the instrument dials to be thought of as Wings, it finally makes me comfortable with the instrument cluster, admire it even!
That's what they are. Wings soaring high according to the power and torque that propel them. Hence the name of my steed.

Quote:
I too just got my XUV serviced today, seeing the music system in ScorpioN have Android Auto gives me hope that the update would be offered to the MX version too.
Don't get your hopes too high. I am in the know for sure that the MX variants stand to be discontinued soon. Not sure if Mahindra will roll out an update for the MX variant's infotainment with this feature before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
I don't know if it's the angle of the picture, but the letters don't seem to follow the curve of the bonnet and look weird just pasted in the straight line.
No offence meant.
They are stuck in a straight line, because the company who forged the 3D letters, Carmetics Official, sent alignment stickers which were in straight lines together with the letters. If they had sent a curved alignment sticker, it would have looked proper.

The place where I live due to my job commitments is a deep-rural, Naxal-affected kasba in the middle of nowhere with the nearest semi-decent Tier-2 city being 350 kms away in all directions. This place doesn't even have decent medical facilities. No car detailers here, no 3M outlets, nothing. Even car company-owned official service workshops suck here. Ergo, no good car accessory shops exist here either.

So, better to do this myself than to risk everything by taking it to the nearest car accessory shop, ask them to align them according to the curve of the bonnet, and get those letters either stuck haphazardly all over the place or ruined by the blank-brained boys working there.

I am not a professional DIY-er, or even a semi-skilled one. That's the best I could manage with whatever limited resources I had at my disposal including my lack of skills, and that too doing it all alone without any guidance. Thanks.

Signing off with a pic of Icarus in the monsoons - rains have hit us hard for the past 2 weeks.

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_2725.jpg

ODO is at 1278 kms. I was swamped with First Quarter-end work so running has taken a hit in recent times.

Hopefully racking up more kilometers in the days ahead with some outstation family visits through the rainy season ahead, once my cardiologists from KIMS, Secunderabad, give me the green signal for the same after my one-year whole body checkup later this month.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 5th July 2022 at 00:05.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 20:12   #64
BHPian

Have you checked with your service centre regarding Installation and activation of cruise control buttons as well ?
Old 8th July 2022, 10:14   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Some updates: Had ordered a new keyfob cover for Icarus
Ordered the same key cover after looking at your post. The quality looks far better than other options available

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th July 2022 at 11:44. Reason: Quoted post trimmed, please proofread before posting.
niranjan.mulye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 12:41   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hopefully racking up more kilometers in the days ahead with some outstation family visits through the rainy season ahead, once my cardiologists from KIMS, Secunderabad, give me the green signal for the same after my one-year whole body checkup later this month.
Your car looks gorgeous Avinashji. It also feels nice to see the way you are adding features to your car. Regarding your health check-up, I would pray to God that all reports come clean and you can resume your long drives.

I am still trying to adjust with the bigger size and the change from manual to AT as well as the wide array of features in the L AWD model.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 22:28   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

1st Free Service @ 1314 kms

The final ordered part, the switch for the power-folding ORVMs, reached the dealership city on Friday, 08th July. I drove over on Saturday morning to get the fitments done and to avail the 1st Free Service. It was dark, damp and wet all around. Our city was being pounded by continuous rains from the night before.

Thoroughly enjoyed the drive to the Paramount service center. With the rains, dark atmosphere and minimal traffic in the day, once the showers lightened up, I was able to stretch Icarus's legs to unmentionable speeds before sanity prevailed and I came back to legal speeds. I am happy to report that even at that unmentionable speed, the mHawk didn't feel strained at all and was actually asking for more!

It's tough to keep your sanity and your boyishness under control when driving this 182PS driver's delight. My face was plastered with silly grins throughout the drive.

I had started from home with the MID showing 12.4 kmpl and reached the service center with the MID showing 18.6 kmpl. This is with speeds of mostly 90-100kmph, with occasional bursts on empty stretches to you-can-guess-what-speeds.

Yes, this iteration of the mHawk is actually a sipper!
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_2995.jpg

Reached the dealership at 12 noon. Heavy rains had given way to light showers once I crossed the CG-Odisha border, but it was still pretty dark. Being a Saturday, traffic was light across the roads. Plus, the local Goncha Jatra festival (1 week from Rath Yatra, when Lord Jagannath and His entourage return back to their abodes) wasn't scheduled to start before lunch time.

Among his Mahindra brothers and sisters.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_2999.jpg

Met the Paramount Automotive Workshop Manager, Tufan, who showed me the alloy which was left in his cabin. I checked it out carefully and closely and found no cracks across the rim anywhere. Just scratches which had spoiled it's original new looks. At the price I had quoted, it seemed like a very good deal. Gave it a thumbs up.

Scratches on the spokes.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3003.jpg
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3004.jpg
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3005.jpg

Meanwhile, I listed the jobs which were to be done on Icarus:-

1) Clutch slippage to be checked - I had experienced a bit of slip and juddering everytime I was upshifting or downshifting into 2nd gear, and upshifting to 3rd. This started from around 200 kms back. Told them to check the clutch plate thoroughly.

2) DEF topup - DEF levels were at 89%. It was around 2 liters short.

3) General checkup & wash.

4) Underbody checkup.

5) Reverse Camera fitting.

6) Power-folding ORVMs fitting.

Driver seat, steering wheel & gear lever covered up.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3030.jpg

Icarus was sent into the washing bay for his bath. He received a nice, long shampoo wash and came out sparkling clean.

Before.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3001.jpg

After.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3029.jpg

He was being rubbed dry when the accessories guy, Rizwan, who had done the auto-headlamps fitting on Icarus in May, walked in. We went to get the necessary parts from the service shop. The ORVM switch hadn't arrived at the dealership's parts section yet. Status showed "Out for delivery". Tufan sent a boy over to get it personally from the courier while we headed back to Icarus with the reverse camera kit & harnesses.

OEM Reverse Camera spare part details.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3008.jpg

The camera unit.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3009.jpg

Details.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3012.jpg

Harness part number.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3016.jpg

The wiring harness.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3014.jpg

The other harness's details.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3037.jpg

Little did we know then that we were in for a surprise and a disappointment. Both.

Sonal had sent over two guys with the HSRPs and finally Icarus got his dog tags fitted on both sides.

HSRPs fitted.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3033w.jpg

The boot door's inner section came off and the wiring behind the D-pillar on the passenger side was opened up. There was a single coupler behind it and the coupler on the harnesses didn't match it!

Inner section behind the boot lid. Now opened.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3043.jpg

Plenty of packing and insulation padding given on the underside.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3044.jpg

The detachable section now removed beside the rear numberplate housing.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3042.jpg

The blank plate where the reverse camera will reside in.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3040.jpg

Couplers of the harness and the AX5 are a mismatch!
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3045.jpg

Rizwan went over to the dealership proper to check out the same layout in their demo 7OO, an AX7L AT. He came back and reported that at that same place, there were two couplers given in the demo XUV.

All of us scratched our heads. Power was enabled for the camera, but there was no output connection for it! They connected the laptop and enabled the reverse camera display which now showed the supposed display - the 7OO's outline showed as a top-down view on the right (with the sensors' alerts) and a blue squared screen showed on the left, which should be showing the reverse camera image. Rizwan isolated the reverse camera wiring under the dashboard on the front passenger side and tried to power it directly from there by using a separate wire, but no luck.

The connection for the Reverse Camera under the dashboard, in front of the front passenger.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3050.jpg

Powered up and enabled via laptop. Reverse camera display shows up as the blue screen.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3054.jpg

I was of the opinion that we were doing something wrong. If this option was given and if the reverse camera offered as an accessory was getting easily connected, then there must be an option to connect the OEM camera too. Rizwan said that there were four connections for the reverse camera which was offered as an accessory, while this OEM camera came with 2 connections only and which was not showing the display even when connected.

At this point, the power-folding ORVM switch had arrived and Tufan sent the whole set over - the 2 mirrors of either side and the switch itself. Once the packs were opened, I was surprised to see that the ORVMs were equipped with cameras under them, which indicated that they belonged to the AX7L (with the 360-degree Surround view), and not the AX7. The driver-side ORVM was mounted, the switch was fitted but the couplers there didn't match. Ergo, the power-folding button didn't work. But the knob to rotate the glass in all directions inside the ORVM worked perfectly, similar to the earlier one on Icarus.

ORVM part numbers and details.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3038.jpg
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3039.jpg

Power-folding ORVM switch details.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3047.jpg

The switch.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3048.jpg

Component speaker inside the driver side door.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3052.jpg

This made me think. I went back to the reverse camera and checked it carefully. I told Rizwan that this spare part camera belongs to the AX7L and that's why it wasn't a match for the couplers inside the AX5. Apparently, the 360-degree Surround view 4-camera system of the AX7L had completely different wiring and coupler layout than the AX7 or lower variants. Once this idea hit us, Rizwan, me and Tufan went to access the inventory and check the part numbers again.

Sure enough, the part numbers for the AX7 camera, it's related upper and lower harnesses and wiring, the auto-folding ORVMs and it's switch, all were different from the ones which had arrived. The set which had come belonged to the AX7L, and wasn't compatible with the AX5. No wonder none of them fitted or got enabled!

Remember this:
Quote:
Part Number for the XUV7OO AX7 in Everest White shade is M1312BW600011N.

Mind you, in the pic it showed the last letter as "G" for Everest White. Not sure what coding changed in-between and why.
This is why the shipped OEM part had a different last letter - it belongs to the AX7L. The one for the AX7 has "N" as it's last letter, not "G".

Once this realisation dawned on Tufan, he looked sheepishly at me. He said he would order the actual AX7 parts on Monday first thing in the morning.

The AX7L's parts were packed back into their boxes and stowed away. Hopefully they would be of use to a future White AX7L owner from around these parts whose 7OO gets hit and he needs these spares.

I had checked out the seat covers in their accessory inventory too. The only one which looked semi-decent was the art leather one in Deco stitching pattern. I told Tufan to place an order for the same, together with the correct parts.

With my hands burnt with the Autoform fiasco with my Phoenix (2020 Creta), I wasn't going the aftermarket route again now. Plus, Autoform had very limited options for the 7OO, as did it's sister company - Elegant. None of them appealed to me. So I decided to go the OEM accessory route for the seat cover option for Icarus.

All of this went on till 5 PM. Meanwhile, the service techs and other boys had quietly disappeared. Apparently all of them had taken a half-day's leave for the Goncha festival. Due to this, the clutch plate could not be checked.

I asked about the DEF topup to Tufan, and he said that the DEF came in 6-liter canisters only and so the top-up was done only when the DEF levels went below 70%. Moreover, once opened, all the DEF inside the can needed to be used up. Icarus's DEF was at 89%, which was more than sufficient for another 1,500 kms at least. Since I would be returning in 10-12 days again for the fitments, DEF can be topped up if the levels were near the 70% mark.

Present DEF levels.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_2996.jpg

So, net on net, the only jobs completed were a nice, thorough wash, picking up the alloy wheel rim for use as the spare, and the numberplates were fitted.

A rather tame and disappointing end to the 1st Free Service day.

Total bill came to Rs 0/-. Paid 7,000 in cash for the alloy wheel to Tufan and headed to the dealership proper to meet the Big Daddy - the Scorpio-N.

Met the Big Daddy in the evening at the dealership proper. Will post my impressions in the Scorpio-N thread.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3046.jpg

When returning, it was already evening and showers continued to spray me and Icarus on all sides so I kept the speeds mostly between 70-80 kmph. The FE on the MID delighted me by reaching a top figure of 21.6 kmpl!

MID showing 21.1kmpl while crossing a town enroute.
Apologies for the blurry pic as it was taken with Icarus in motion.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3055.jpg

Reached back home at 8:30 PM in the night with the MID showing 21.2 kmpl. Towing nearly 1,900 kgs and with a 2.2L turbocharged heart, these FE figures are a delight in themselves!

This particular 182PS mHawk under the 7OO's hood is a diamond (dare I say the Kohinoor of all India-developed diesel engines!). It's completely opened up and free for breakaway speeds when needed, and can be frugal than most when driven sanely.

Suspension is behaving as expected. Thuds from the wheels echo through the wheel wells into the cabin on low speeds and over broken sections, but when the 7OO is at high speeds, the suspension is a complete hoot. Small speedbreakers and holes on the roads are brushed aside nonchalantly with very minor thuds, no doubt due to the wonderful FSDs. Braking is simply excellent. Not a single nervous moment was experienced by me while driving. I was going through gradual turns with a speed of 75-80kmph - that should give a big hint about the stability of the 7OO. Steering feedback is still a bit vague in the center, although it weighs up sufficiently with higher speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiven2207 View Post
Have you checked with your service centre regarding Installation and activation of cruise control buttons as well ?
Not yet. Once the present jobs are done, I will get this checked. But I have seen other owners get this enabled on their 7OOs from aftermarket shops, so this is a definite given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
Ordered the same key cover after looking at your post. The quality looks far better than other options available
Thanks and congratulations, Niranjan. The key cover is a bit expensive when compared to silicone ones readily available, but worth every penny spent on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Your car looks gorgeous Avinashji. It also feels nice to see the way you are adding features to your car. Regarding your health check-up, I would pray to God that all reports come clean and you can resume your long drives.

I am still trying to adjust with the bigger size and the change from manual to AT as well as the wide array of features in the L AWD model.
Thank you so much, Sommos.

And congratulations! I saw your delivery post in the official 7OO thread. Wishing you a great ownership experience and plenty of happy miles and smiles ahead in your wonderful new steed.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 10th July 2022 at 22:54. Reason: Descriptions added and proof-read.
RavenAvi is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 10:25   #68
BHPian

Not yet. Once the present jobs are done, I will get this checked. But I have seen other owners get this enabled on their 7OOs from aftermarket shops, so this is a definite given.

None of those aftermarket shops, mostly in Karol Bagh, New Delhi have been able to activate the cruise control yet. They have just swapped the matte black buttons from the AX5 to the piano Black finish ones , but the right side controls are just dummy, not working. Checked this personally with then, even one of the video states this.
shiven2207 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 13:38   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

About time I had it too - the now infamous "Hill Hold Control Error" alert.

Unlocked Icarus in the morning and opened the driver's door and as soon as I slid into the seat, there was some jarring noise and a thud from the speakers while the startup screens booted up very slowly. The opening animation of the 7OO racing across both screens was not displayed. Instead it went directly to the Drive Info menu display after the twin dials booted up. I had the Fuel Info menu enabled last.

And then, this popped up:-

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-8beedd4f41464ca582c02b204fa19a67.jpeg

Turned off the ignition and turned it on back again and was greeted with the same alert yet again. Enabling and disabling the Traction Control System or the Hill Descent Control via their respective buttons on the right side of the steering didn't make it go away.

This is the current software version:-

The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-19847a3ad06c4f0fbc6bb7d84c6c9e1d.jpeg

Only the reverse camera display was activated via laptop on Saturday, so I am pretty sure the software wasn't updated. Called up the service manager and asked him to get this clarified from the tech.

Could be an OTA update caught in the middle, or the AdrenoX software being glitchy? We shall find out soon.
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 17:12   #70
sbm
BHPian

Quote:

Unlocked Icarus in the morning and opened the driver's door and as soon as I slid into the seat, there was some jarring noise and a thud from the speakers while the startup screens booted up very slowly. The opening animation of the 7OO racing across both screens was not displayed. Instead it went directly to the Drive Info menu display after the twin dials booted up. I had the Fuel Info menu enabled last.

And then, this popped up:-

Attachment 2331944

Turned off the ignition and turned it on back again and was greeted with the same alert yet again. Enabling and disabling the Traction Control System or the Hill Descent Control via their respective buttons on the right side of the steering didn't make it go away.

This is the current software version:-

Attachment 2331945

Only the reverse camera display was activated via laptop on Saturday, so I am pretty sure the software wasn't updated. Called up the service manager and asked him to get this clarified from the tech.

Could be an OTA update caught in the middle, or the AdrenoX software being glitchy? We shall find out soon.
The HHC error came on my car, and that too, on the first day when a friend stalled the car in 3rd gear. It went away after the car was restarted.

Regarding the reverse camera, did they use scotch lock connectors to power the camera through reverse light or is there a separate power jack for it?
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 01:11   #71
BHPian

Quote:
The set which had come belonged to the AX7L, and wasn't compatible with the AX5. No wonder none of them fitted or got enabled!
Thanks for sharing. This confirms retrofitting 360 cameras on lower variants is going to be a very costly affair requiring a major wire harness change. There's also a separate ECU hardware (1805AW600011N) for the 360 system. And from several reviews the camera in the luxury variants are of higher quality too so makes sense they're not gonna work without the ECU and associated wiring harness. AX7 should work just fine and I have seen at least 1 video (from the same Delhi shop) where AX7 reverse camera was installed and enabled in AX5.

Quote:
But I have seen other owners get this enabled on their 7OOs from aftermarket shops, so this is a definite given.
As shiven2207 mentioned none of those aftermarket cruise control install videos on Youtube actually show it working. But I have high hopes once Scorpio-N is out as it leaves out the possibility of cruise control being linked to the radar in Adrenox based vehicles (even tho MT variant doesn't rely on it). Reason I say this is (and it's purely speculative) it's probably why Mahindra never gave basic cruise control to AX5, they just didn't have the software ready then. Please do ask the technician next time if there's any option in the iSmart tool.

Quote:
I too started getting it only after 1st service, I never faced it in the first 1000km. I've faced it 3 times so far and each time my ADAS settings and info display preference got reset. It's definitely a bug that Mahindra needs fixing. I see that you're on an older software version but this bug exists even on the new v8.01.41.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 12th July 2022 at 01:21.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 14:37   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday went by with all sorts of suggestions from the two service centers I was in touch with all day regarding the infamous "Hill Hold Control Error" alert which popped up in Icarus's MID - Paramount in Jeypore & the local Balaji Motors. Some of them were completely mind-boggling and only managed to raise my alarms further, until I checked with my friends in the TORC (Tribe of Royal Cheetahs) Telegram group & our Team-BHP official review of the XUV7OO and calmed myself.

Sample this - ABS sensor acting up, rat bites, faulty sensors in front wheels, upgrade in progress, front wheels hit somewhere during my journeys, reverse camera display shouldn't have been enabled, battery drainage, HDC module faulty, TCS module faulty, modules need replacement, sensors need replacement, mandatory software update required, silver box needs to be replaced, vehicle to be towed - you name it, the service center listed it. They even cited low tyre pressure as one of the possible reasons!

In the end, all it took was a long pause after shutting down from when the error had popped up and turning Icarus back on. Back to the dull humming followed by the fast bootup, the 7OO racing across the screens, MID booting right into the Fuel Info menu, "Zap Mode Activated", four boxes lining up from the right in the AdrenoX display, etc.

First thing I did when the bootup was finished was access the Alerts History in the MID. It was blank. No Alerts found, said Icarus to me. Cranked up and he started with a roar and a clatter and settled down nicely.

Much ado about a software glitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
The HHC error came on my car, and that too, on the first day when a friend stalled the car in 3rd gear. It went away after the car was restarted.
Big thanks to our official Team-BHP 7OO review thread where I got to know that this is a known software bug in the AdrenoX system. If I wasn't a Team-BHP member, God knows what the service centers would have done to my Icarus to "fix" this "huge problem".

One good thing I noticed about enabling the Reverse Camera display is that until the actual AX7 unit arrives, I have twin reversing sensor displays at my disposal!

One in the MID and one in the HU.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3118.jpg

In other news, the Royal 7D mats I had ordered from Elegant India arrived from Dehradun yesterday. Made for the XUV7OO 7-seater, these premium mats have 2 layers - a PVC soft-touch, diamond-quilt pattern base & a detachable carpet mat on top. It comes with a free door mat too. Cost me Rs 6,000/- and looks absolutely fab!

Details.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3114.jpg

The base unwrapped.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3115.jpg

Driver side with the carpet mat fixed on top.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3117.jpg

Passenger side.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3143.jpg

Stretches all the way to the top.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3144.jpg

Second row.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3145.jpg

Snug fit.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3146.jpg

Wraparound on both sides.
The Flights of Icarus | Our Mahindra XUV700 AX5 Diesel MT-img_3147.jpg

Also received a set of 2 cushions and 2 neckrests from Elegant in the same parcel. Unwrapping it soon for use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Regarding the reverse camera, did they use scotch lock connectors to power the camera through reverse light or is there a separate power jack for it?
Separate power jack is given in the housing behind the D-pillar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiven2207 View Post
None of those aftermarket shops, mostly in Karol Bagh, New Delhi have been able to activate the cruise control yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Please do ask the technician next time if there's any option in the iSmart tool.
I have seen the connections for this myself during the Auto Headlamps fitting. Am sure it can be enabled. In fact, most of the features present in the AX7 but missing in the AX5 can be enabled provided the correct parts, harnesses and couplers are made available.

But, just to be sure, I shall get this checked personally by Rizwan and the Techs one more time.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. This confirms retrofitting 360 cameras on lower variants is going to be a very costly affair requiring a major wire harness change. There's also a separate ECU hardware (1805AW600011N) for the 360 system. And from several reviews the camera in the luxury variants are of higher quality too so makes sense they're not gonna work without the ECU and associated wiring harness.
It will involve a lot of complications, since the 7OO is already a very complex vehicle. Not tinkering with it just for a feature which I can live without.

Quote:
I too started getting it only after 1st service, I never faced it in the first 1000km. I've faced it 3 times so far and each time my ADAS settings and info display preference got reset. It's definitely a bug that Mahindra needs fixing. I see that you're on an older software version but this bug exists even on the new v8.01.41.
The tech with the laptop insisted that the new v8 is only for those who are facing blank screen and HU freezup issues. It's not issued for those who are having AdrenoX systems working normally. I am guessing there is a cutoff for the VINs who are listed for this software update and since Icarus was manufactured in the last week of March 2022, it's not listed in their schedules.

I also thought it might be a virus which got carried over from the tech's laptop into Icarus's AdrenoX systems. First time I faced this and right after the first service.

Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 12th July 2022 at 14:39. Reason: added.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 16:15   #73
BHPian

Quote:
The tech with the laptop insisted that the new v8 is only for those who are facing blank screen and HU freezup issues....since Icarus was manufactured in the last week of March 2022, it's not listed in their schedules.
That's strange, I was facing 0 issues before and mine is an April '22 manufactured vehicle. The technician during my first service simply said there's a new software update and nothing much. I did notice some minor UI changes related to blind spot monitor and the camera interface as well so it's definitely not just a bug fix release (most major version increments aren't). Maybe it is limited to AT and/or luxury variant.

About the HHC error, yeah, it goes away after a restart. Another issue I was facing before 1st service (no eSIM network) was also resolved with a restart (albeit requiring battery disconnect for 2 mins). I think when a computer controls most of the advanced tech in the car the first thing you should do to troubleshoot is the same you do with a computer.
Tanmay007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 21:29   #74
BHPian

Thank You RavenAvi for the awesome thread for all XUV700 owners and potential buyers (might be me, currently deliberating 700 vs scorpioN).

Could you tell me if following are possible without an issue in xuv700.
1. Installation of rooftop carrier feasibility and reliability with sunroof - i asked around various showrooms with mix responses.
2. Installation of Auto dimming irvm - so far no mahindra showroom guys have idea if this can be done.

Thanks in advance
n13tzsche is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 22:50   #75

Sorry to be riding piggy back on this post of Icarus. But wanted to use the MID pics posted in the article to highlight a doubt of mine, as, being a newbie, I am still not very adept at inserting photographs. Apologies to you in advance.

There is a small vertical bar just to the right of where the FE figure is displayed (in between the two circles on the right hand display). As is evident from the pics of the MID and which is what I have experienced, this bar comes and disappears with no apparent pattern that I could discern. The bar also shows different 'levels' at different times (again apparent on the various MID pics in the article).

Could anybody enlighten me on this? Or is it another one of those Mahindra software gremlins? I have a petrol AX7 AT, by the way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks