Old 26th September 2022, 23:55   #31
BHPian

Re: Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoncastelino View Post
March 2022

Type 2 Taillights
Attachment 2360862

The Taillights are manufactured by Lumax.

Regards
Ashton Castelino
Hey. Can we install Gen 1 Dzire taillights on the Gen 1 Swift? I have been pondering about this for a long time. If installation is possible, the Dzire taillights might look better on the Swift.
TurboKat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 22:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKat View Post
It's great to know that at least the rare spoiler found its way to a BHPian's Swift.
All the credit goes to BHPian Chiranjit and DBHPian Leoshashi for the SGP Spoiler.

Quote:
Recently, I came across 1075, the well documented Swift on the forum. I assume the current owner doesn't take care of it like the previous owner did. The front bumper was full of scratches. Moreover, the left ORVM holder was also broken.
Absolutely heart breaking to hear this news, Whether it was a tiny issue or a clip missing ChiranjitP always made sure it received its attention. I always admired the way how ChiranjitP looked after the Swift. Sad to hear about the current state of it

Quote:
Hey. Can we install Gen 1 Dzire taillights on the Gen 1 Swift? I have been pondering about this for a long time. If installation is possible, the Dzire taillights might look better on the Swift.
Unfortunately, they are totally different from each other. Mounting points are different as well. Hard luck.

Regards
Ashton Castelino
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 23:36   #33
BHPian

April, 2022

Illuminated 12V Socket

Swift and Dzire ZXi/ZDi variants got the Illuminated 12V Socket from factory. I wasn't aware about this until I spotted it on BHPian ChiranjitP's Swift. On scouting Boodmo, I found the Suzuki 12V Illuminated socket but it is priced at ₹1,831 since its a Suzuki Genuine Part (Imported).

Name:  SGP12V.JPG
Views: 1412
Size:  49.3 KB
Photo courtesy: Boodmo

Part Number: 39400-75J01
Name: LIGHTER ASSY CIGARETTE
Link

Now, no way was I spending such an amount on a 12V socket. I checked for alternatives on the internet and found two alternatives.

Mahindra's Illuminated 12V socket and Tata's Illuminated 12V Socket

But the issue was the color choice, Mahindra's was green and Tata's was white. Since my car has an orange backlight tone I wanted the socket illumination to match the orange. A close relative was coming from abroad so I scouted AliExpress and got the 12V socket with orange illumination for just ₹200.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-test.jpg

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-wiring.jpg

Regarding the wiring, I wired it directly to the power such that the socket is always Illuminated when it receives power. I removed the center console trim and removed my old 12V socket and plonked the new one in. It was a perfect fit

Fitment Check
Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-fit.jpg

Rear Shock Absorber Replacement

Well, This one is already documented in the link below
My First Car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review (My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review)

Regards
Ashton Castelino

Last edited by Ashtoncastelino : 27th September 2022 at 23:56.
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 13:30   #34
BHPian

I really wonder if these windshields are original Suzuki! Is the dealer charging a huge installation labor? An original Suzuki spare slipping out of the Suzuki network for a fraction of the price would really be something!
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 19:20   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
I really wonder if these windshields are original Suzuki! Is the dealer charging a huge installation labor? An original Suzuki spare slipping out of the Suzuki network for a fraction of the price would really be something!
The windshield from MGP costs ₹3975. IIRC I paid under ₹5000 for the windshield change. MASS was quoting almost ₹7000 for a windshield change. The sealant they use(MGP) cost almost ₹800, adding the other essentials of the windshield and labour for it too.
Link to the MGP Windshield.
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-glas...hield-6783211/

These guys in Mangalore did it well under my supervision and they used a sealant called Kingston windshield sealant. Gave me warranty for any water leakage for a year.

Sealant is available online as well. Attaching the link below .
Kingston Polyurethane (PU) Sealant Windshield Expert, Black, 310ml - 1Pc https://amzn.eu/d/b8LozpW

Regarding about sourcing the windshield, they deal with windshields only so they get the windshields on bulk discount which they passed on to me by reducing the overall cost of replacement.

Regards
Ashton Castelino
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 10:35   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoncastelino View Post
The windshield from MGP costs ₹3975. IIRC I paid under ₹5000 for the windshield change. MASS was quoting almost ₹7000 for a windshield change. The sealant they use(MGP) cost almost ₹800, adding the other essentials of the windshield and labour for it too.
Link to the MGP Windshield.
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-glas...hield-6783211/

These guys in Mangalore did it well under my supervision and they used a sealant called Kingston windshield sealant. Gave me warranty for any water leakage for a year.

Sealant is available online as well. Attaching the link below .
Kingston Polyurethane (PU) Sealant Windshield Expert, Black, 310ml - 1Pc https://amzn.eu/d/b8LozpW

Regarding about sourcing the windshield, they deal with windshields only so they get the windshields on bulk discount which they passed on to me by reducing the overall cost of replacement.

Regards
Ashton Castelino
IMHO I would have preferred the use of the original sealant or a really high quality aftermarket one if there could be a significant save. My 2011 Corolla has the original windshield and I believe it will not leak for the life of the car. This is the usual scenario I believe. Then why only 1 year of warranty? IMHO again the best way to go would be to get the original spares from Maruti and save on the labor charges if the aim is to save a few hundred bucks.

Not sure how these aftermarket businesses are making money when the parts itself are so high in price and leads to the suspicion that the windshield is a replica and the sealant being a fraction in price of the original one might not last the extreme temperature changes. Not a worthy save I would say for a non recurring repair job.
iron.head is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 09:47   #37
BHPian

Although I had the International Swift Service manual PDF (RS413 and RS415) with different engines, I wanted to procure the Service Manual for my Swift since I was interested in learning about the electricals in the car. Sent a quick ping to Shashi asking for the part number and he gladly sent it.

Part number- 99500M75J02-74E
Name- SERVICE MANUALSWIFT (VOL.1+2)

Since 2020 IIRC, MSIL stopped printing hard copies of the service manual and Switched to DMS ( Dealer Management System) So I knew getting this service manual would be not easy.

Went to my MGP and asked them to place an order for the Manuals but said it has been discontinued. They then checked for Live stock in Karnataka and I saw 1 unit available with Nema Auto Spares Bangalore.

I managed to get their number from Google Maps and contacted them. They messaged me on WhatsApp and confirmed that indeed the book is in stock and sent me photos of the same. They sent me the invoice and I wired them the money. They loaded the books on a bus to Udupi and the next day I received the books.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-boxed.jpg

They had packed it beautifully and twas a joy unboxing them.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-unboxed.jpg

My close buddy BHPian ChiranjitP sent me the Swift Parts catalog book at the right time.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-img_20220331_220934.jpg
These books were printed in May 2012 which is about 10 years ago !!!! and still in mint condition. These will be utilised to the fullest for sure.

Huge thanks to Nema Auto Spares Bangalore for their excellent customer service and prompt replies, Leoshashi for the Part Numbers and ChiranjitP for the Parts catalog.

Regards
Ashton Castelino

Last edited by Ashtoncastelino : 5th October 2022 at 10:04.
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 11:51   #38
BHPian

Hello Ashton, great thread and some great updates. I was missing my pearl white Swift vxi 2007 which I sold in 2021 due to Delhi-NCR 15 year rule for petrol vehicles. I stumbled upon your thread and it brought back lot of memories. Though I kept my Swift mostly in stock, few upgrades that I managed on my Swift over the period of time were:

1. Change of Head unit to pioneer
2. Installed JBL speakers
3. Changed fog lights
4. Changed OEM horn - mine sounded very low
5. Changed all tyres from JK to MRF in 2014
6. Changed seat covers from fabric to PU to fabric

Rest it remained stock for its entire lifetime with me.

Here are few pics, right before it was sold to OLX autos.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-img_20221101_114903.jpg

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-img_20221101_114822.jpg
Beingtraveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 19:42   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beingtraveler View Post
Hello Ashton, great thread and some great updates. I was missing my pearl white Swift vxi 2007 which I sold in 2021 due to Delhi-NCR 15 year rule for petrol vehicles. I stumbled upon your thread and it brought back lot of memories.
That is a great ride you owned Beingtraveler ! The white shade really does look good and glad to see it have the Type 1 front and rear bumpers which I truly love.

Did you purchase the Swift pre-owned like me ? Truly the NGT rule stabs the 15 year petrol / 10 year Diesel vehicles .

Have to update this thread but due to my packed schedule at college due to exams haven't been able to.

Regards
Ashton Castelino
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 20:18   #40
BHPian

Yes, it was pre-owned and was only 1.5 years old with 27k on the odo when I brought it home. All the mods listed were made post I acquired it. NGT rule is a killer for vehicles in good shape and form. When I sold it, it felt like I gave my piece of heart out. Nevertheless, I still cherish memories I made with it.

Yes, do keep this thread alive, I will be waiting for more updates. All the best for your exams ��
Beingtraveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 23:31   #41
BHPian

May 2022

BCM Swap

The top of the line swift came with a unique feature which was the Electromagnetic tailgate opener, me having the itch to perform DIYs were never settled and it was long overdue that I try to find a solution to make the Electromagnetic Tailgate opener work perfectly.

One day Dad and I visited the scrapyard to get a few connectors and I spotted a ZXi swift which was a total loss car. The damage was complete to the driver's side. I checked if it had its BCM (Body Control Module) still attached, and to my surprise it was present! Now the main part is that this swift was having the K12M Engine and I was not sure if the BCM will work on my G13B engine. Anyways, I and dad started to remove whatever we wanted from the ZXi and once done, started to bargain on the price. I managed to take its rear door wiring harness, BCM, switches, and connectors. At last, the price was brought down to peanuts thanks to dads bargaining skills.

Now you may ask why swap the BCM?
My existing BCM did not have the circuit for the electromagnetic tailgate opener in it. I tested the BCM using a multi-meter but it proved to be useless as no power output was shown at the tailgate opener pins in the BCM when the car was locked or unlocked. I also wanted to install the Dzire Monitor Clock which displays the ambient temperature sensor and time. My existing BCM again did not have the circuit to take in the temperature sensor readings.

The BCM which I picked up from the scrapyard being a ZXi, I knew it would support the tailgate opener and the Dzire clock mod which I wanted to do.
So I started to study the service manual on what all inputs the BCM takes and gives out to the other components. Swapping the BCM will require the whole dash to be opened and also I wanted to fix a few wires which were attacked by the rat permanently. After a month, I was ready to swap it.

I started making custom wiring harness myself using the wires which I picked up from the ZXi, Referred to the Service manual, and made sure I used the same color-coded wires as I wanted it to be exactly same as the ZXi and in the future, it will be easy for anyone to diagnose. Drew diagrams of the BCM mentioning what pin is to be put where so dad and I could refer to it and get the job done faster.

So on a Sunday, started off at 7 am and managed to remove the whole dashboard in under an hour. We took power from our security room in the parking lot for soldering and illumination.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-wipmain.jpg
Kept all the trim pieces safely and there was a surprise waiting for us,

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-old-rcf.jpg
The recirculation flap was EATEN OFF! Now being Sunday MGP was closed so we kept that work pending.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-wip1.jpg

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-img_20220514_133953.jpg
ZXi BCM vs VXi BCM

Now since my car does not have an immobilizer, It was no issue with swapping the BCM since no programming is to be done. I disconnected the Battery and unplugged my BCM and plugged in the ZXi BCM, Connected the battery, and checked if anything was smoking Checked if all the electricals are working properly and started the car, 2 Error codes popped up.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-errors.jpg

One was B1150 and the other was B1141. Referred to the Service manual and figured out that B1150 is for the Airbag circuit and B1141 is regarding the outside temperature sensor which was not connected. Inserted the pins into the BCM and connected the temperature sensor temporarily to see if the error code went away and it did so after connecting it.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-atsensor.jpg
Bad Boy in Place

Now so far all was going well and I wanted to see if the BCM gave the ambient temperature readings to the Clock since the Temperature sensor error went away. I plugged in the Clock and it did not display the temperature readings.

Bummed out, dad suggested we continue with the work and deal with the clock later, he mentioned it could be a clock issue since the error for the temperature sensor had gone away. We wired it cleanly and even installed a Boot lamp that activates when the tailgate is opened. SWEET!

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-boot-lamp-wired.jpg

We did not even realize the time fly and it was almost dark. The project couldn't be completed that day due to the non-availability of the recirculation flap. I did not want to open the whole dashboard again just to replace the flap. Eventually, the car had to be grounded because we decided to work on it during weekends, we wanted the job to be done without any time constraint so work continued the next weekend. The Recirculation flap was sourced from Boodmo because MGP said it would take them 10 days to source it.
Part number: 74173M72J00
Name: DOOR FRESH AIR
Link: https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-door_fresh_air-6786423/

The next weekend again we started the work at 8 am and replaced the recirculation flap and started assembling it back.
Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-new-rcf.jpg

we were much quicker now and I made sure to replace each and every clip of the dashboard to get rid of the freebies made available by Maruti ( RATTLES !!)

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-clips.jpg
used new clips with foam around it similar to Kizashi / S-Cross clips.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-wip.jpg
Carefully assembled everything back and it was a perfect fit. The wiring was tied down right along with the harness nothing was left loose. Nowhere was electrical tape used to join wires as taught by my dad, it was only Solder, heat shrink tubes, and Sleeve.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-front-bumper-removed.jpg

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-rear-look.jpg
Replaced the Boot latch and the handle to the ZXi

Now that the interior was assembled back perfectly as I wanted, it was time to do a road test and see if anything was rattling or any error on the cluster and if everything was working as before. Lucky for me everything was working as before, The tailgate opener system is operational only when the car is unlocked as expected. It is non-operational when the car is locked.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-noclock.jpg
Only bummer was that the darn clock was not showing ambient temperature readings !!!

I reached out to DBHPian Audioholic and explained the whole saga and asked him why it was not displaying the readings even though we did it all right, He directly narrowed it down to the clock. I later then checked the part number mentioned on the clock and turns out it was for the SX4. The Dzire clock and the SX4 clock look similar but they both have different part numbers and most probably different motherboards.

Part number of SX4 Clock: 34600-55K00
Part number of Dzire Clock: 34600-74K00

I decided I'll make a visit to MASS and ask them to plug in the SDT ( Suzuki Diagnostic Tool) and check if the BCM is reading the ambient temperature from the sensor or not. I took the service manual along and explained to the Service Advisor what exactly I was wanting to do with the SDT, He obliged and plugged in the SDT, and turns out the BCM was indeed showing the ambient temperature sensor !! This proved that the clock was at fault and that the SX4 clock would not work on the Swift/Dzire BCM.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-sdt-data.jpg
Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-b1150-error.jpg

Also, the added bonus was that SDT had the option to disable airbag circuit errors on cars without airbags! Now an Error free car!!!
Special thanks to Service Advisor Jeevan for helping me out with all my doubts and always making sure I leave happy from the Service Center.

I remembered seeing a totaled Dzire in my FNG and went there even though it was late at night. Was lucky enough to see that the Clock was still present and I asked the mechanic if I could have the clock and he agreed. He did not even charge me for it. The New Dzire clock is not in production and it costs ₹5123 since it is an SGP part. Ran back home and removed the SX4 clock and plugged in the Dzire clock and the moment of truth,

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-clock.jpg

The ambient temperature reading popped up as soon as the ignition was turned on !!!! So it was all finally done and installed back the clock trim piece back with new clips.

Photos of the interior at night.
Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-looks.jpg
Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-nightbootlamp.jpg
The Boot lamp illuminates the boot really well, I might think of replacing the halogen bulb with Led in the future.

Regards
Ashton Castelino

Last edited by Ashtoncastelino : 10th November 2022 at 23:33.
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 10:24   #42
BHPian

Replacing the Boot opener Switch

The Switch which allows opening the Boot was not in good shape, the rubber had cracked and moreover, I felt it would be better if changed since its exposed to water during washes. Checked Boodmo and found out the part number for the switch.

Part number: 37178M75J00
Price: ₹425
Link: https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-swit..._door-6773985/

Kept browsing Boodmo and I found that even the Second generation Swift Boot switch also looked similar in shape and also the connector looked the same, assumed it would be a direct fit, Moreover, I placed an order for the second-generation Swift because it was priced less at ₹290

Part number: 37178M74L00
Price: ₹290
Link :https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-swit..._door-9775261/

Within 3 days the switch was delivered and I replaced the switch and it was a direct fit even the connector was the exact same .

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-bootswitchpack.jpg

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-oldvsnew-switch.jpg

Old Switch vs New One.
Notice the rubber has cracked moreover the button had lost its soft click feel

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-oldvsnewswitchback.jpg

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-fit-check.jpg

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-buttoninstalled.jpg

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-latch.jpg
Electromagnetic Tailgate Opener Latch

Changing the Pedal covers to the Sporty Pedals
I managed to find these neat looking Pedal covers in the MGA Section in my MASS, the OEM pedal covers looked bland.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-pedals.jpg

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-pedalfinal.jpg

Part number: 990J0M76ML7-010
Price: ₹272
Link: https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-sprt...erio-50729747/

Replacing the AC Filter

Now that the recirculation flap was fixed, it was about time I replaced the AC filter since the old filter was in a disgusting state. I had already cleaned the AC blower motor last year at my leisure and checked it again and found it clean luckily. Checked Boodmo and ordered a ZIP AC filter.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-acfilterpack.jpg

Part number: ZC-6002
Link:- https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-cabin_filter-6823986/

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-ac-filter.jpg
Old Cabin Filter VS New Cabin Filter

Adding the Suzuki Monogram

DBHPian Leoshashi Suggested I add the Suzuki monogram rather than the Maruti Suzuki Monogram which comes as standard. Ordered the same from Boodmo and recieved it in 3 days.

Part number: 77831M80E50
Price: ₹79
Link: https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-hood...astic-7255201/

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-rear.jpg
Looks of the car after sticking the Suzuki monogram.

Regards
Ashton Castelino
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 11:16   #43
BHPian

DIY Brake fluid Change

It was high time that I change the brake fluid since according to the Service history, it was replaced in 2018 which makes it 4 years old. Since brake fluid is hygroscopic meaning it absorbs moisture, it is a risk and harms the braking system.

I procured 1Litre of KBX Dot 4 Clear brake fluid from my Local Parts Store.
Watched lots of Brake flushing videos and I was ready to do it. Unfortunately, I could not click a lot of photos due to my hands being dirty.

Started bleeding the brakes from the farthest wheel cylinder which is the rear left, rear right, front left and lastly the front right. Just when I wanted to unscrew the Front left, the bleeder nut slipped and I tried every method possible.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-slip-nut.jpg

I was scared that if i try too hard, the bleeder nut would break off, which would mean the caliper would have to be taken to the lathe if it has to be removed. I called up my Mechanic who came to assist me happily free of charge

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-wip.jpg
Attachment 2378106

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-old-broken-bn.jpg
The Stubborn Bleeder nut

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-sliding-pins.jpg
New Sliding Pins

Part number:55850M75J11
Price: ₹150
Link: https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-slid..._set-39763767/

He whacked on the bleeder nut and at last after multiple tries that sucker broke free. I managed to get two new bleeder nuts and also changed and greased the sliding pins of the caliper. Job was done perfectly !! The pedal feel was much better than before and the brake bite too increased since we sanded the glazed brake pads.

Changing Speedometer Lens
The speedometer lens had a lot of scratches and it had cracks on the right side, removed the covers and disconnected the speedometer.
Called my MGP and asked them if they have a Lens in stock, Lucky for me they did. Got it in the afternoon and installed it carefully and made sure no dust or lint is stuck inside. Waxed the Lens and connected the speedometer back.

Part number: 34112M75J00
Price: ₹200
Link: https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-glas...indow-6796220/

Looks after replacing the Lens.
Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-final-look.jpg
Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-new-lens-installed.jpg
Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-walpaper.jpg
One of my Favourite Photos

Adding a Protection film to the Head Unit
The Head unit was taking a lot of scratches on its factory film since it was very thin, Dad gave me a idea of getting the iPad screen film and cutting it out to the screen size of the HU and sticking it. BRILLIANT !!!

Ordered from amazon for about ₹90 and I cut it out according to the HU screen Size.
Link: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00MZDCSQ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-img_20211108_174352.jpg

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-img_20211109_084404.jpg

It's been more than a year since this film had been installed on the HU and till date there are no major scratches. Added bonus, its easy to clean it too.

Regards
Ashton Castelino

Last edited by Ashtoncastelino : 11th November 2022 at 11:40.
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 16:50   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

One tip - spray the bleeder nipple with WD40 and tap it lightly with a small spanner for the fluid to penetrate. Let it sit for 10 mins . Then try to crack loose.
sagarpadaki is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 21:31   #45
BHPian

Failed project at Activating Low Fuel Light Alert

One day I paid close attention to all the Warning light Symbols printed on my speedometer. I noticed near the fuel gauge there was a Low fuel Light symbol present but never saw it glow since I always keep my tank above the 25% mark.

Searched on the internet and saw few international swifts with Low fuel light glowing and thought why isn't it present in the Indian variant?

Name:  111111.jpg
Views: 1198
Size:  94.5 KB
International Swift Speedometer featuring the Low Fuel Light

I checked for the low fuel light to pop up when the Gauge was at E but still never lit up. Checked on the forum and asked few BHPians if this was a feature available only in the ZXi/ZDi variants or not. No one had seen this light glow even when fuel gauge was at the E mark. Ran across few threads in the forum as well.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...dicator-4.html (Maruti Suzuki - Low Fuel Warning Indicator)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...trofitted.html (Low Fuel warning light on Dzire/Swift-can it be activated/retrofitted?)

To begin my experiment I managed to get a ZXi Swift Speedometer with its connector from the scrapyard.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-meter.jpg

I removed the glass and the needles to see the Circuit Board. I also compared the International Swift Speedometer diagram and Indian Swift Speedometer Diagram and it was the same. I noticed on the Motherboard there was no led light to illuminate the low fuel light symbol.

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-led-spot.jpeg

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-img_20220529_191750.jpg
All the Warning Light Symbols available on the Speedometer

Thought why not take a led and solder it to that point and see if the low fuel light comes on if fuel Gauge is at E?

Azure Grey 2006 Maruti-Suzuki Swift VXi | Ownership Review-soldering.jpeg

With the help of my friend who is into electronics, we soldered the led onto the motherboard. Powered up the Speedometer but to our dismay, it did not light up Friend told me to try it on the car with the tank at E. Tested it on my car with tank at almost E but still no Light. After asking few other friends who are into electronics, they mentioned the micro-controller and LED Output driver might not have this feature even though the circuit is present. Sadly due to this the experiment had hit the wall.

How cheap of Maruti to even think about cost cutting with the micro-controller and LED Output driver when the Circuit Board has it supported? Though this is albeit a small requirement, it could have been integrated beautifully as this is the only small difference between the international swift speedometer and Indian Swift speedometers. In the future if I come across a International Swift Speedometer, I might swap the Circuit board.

Regards
Ashton Castelino
Ashtoncastelino is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed