Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2007, 02:36   #16
BHPian

Thanks Suman,here iam! What about the rear suspension? Is it still the leaf spring or have they done something towards that?
Old 22nd June 2007, 03:03   #17
BHPian

Front looks better than before though i was not aware that middle seats are not comfortable ,also engine is more power full then before
Old 22nd June 2007, 03:21   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Do test out the suspension ... thats one area i am hoping to find some improvement.
Old 22nd June 2007, 10:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
18L and a proper 4X4 with a powerful (now) diesel engine. It is indeed a good vehicle.
I think it can be a good second vehicle for all those looking for a good 4X4. Especially for those who have farms in villages and jungles, and for people who like a macho car that is also reliable and cheap to maintain.

Huh! But it is a FORD. What shall we do to change that?
thats more like the american style, after all ford is very much the american company.

I think the endy is more suitable for the TV series " pimp my ride " where only the front seats are spared.

BTW, how is the comfort in the front seats, is good for long drives and off-roading??? personally i felt the front isnt that great, but never been in the front seats while the vehicle is on the move.
Old 22nd June 2007, 21:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Even the Ford Explorer, which is quite popular in US has extremely uncomfortable middle row seats. As someone pointed out one always sits in the middle row with the knee pointed up.

Probably for Ford this is too tremendous a problem to overcome
ha ha... good one.. ford never looks into customer complaints seriously..
Old 24th June 2007, 13:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

More TD today

Just came from a bit more detailed TD today. Went to a different dealer near my house. This endeavour was also not registered, so couldn't do as detailed a TD as I would have liked but anyway, I drove for around 7 to 8 kms.

I love the engine. I haven't driven the old one but this one is amazing. Keep the truck in power band and it has tons of pulling power. Very responsive and revving it up to 4K in various gears was fun.

Went on a patch of bad road to rest ride quality. My son was sitting on the middle row to give me feedback about it. He is 5'11" so obviously, the first he noticed is the uncomfortable middle seat. Regarding the ride quality on bad road, he said that he felt the bad patches but it wasn't that bad. The truck bounces and pitches a lot on road with undulations but then that's to be expected as well.

As far as handling is concerned I personally am of the opinion that SUV Handling is an oxymoron unless we are talking the likes of X5 etc.

Next weekend, I will take my wife and/or my Mom for a TD then I will get unbiased feedback about the ride. My son is so enamored with Endy's looks that he is quite possibly ignoring the ride quality.

Next week, I will also do a TD of Pajero so will post the comparison between them.

Last edited by hondadude : 24th June 2007 at 13:56. Reason: Completed the incomplete sentence
Old 25th June 2007, 01:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

dropped in at a Ford dealer and took these pics....I'm still 'at sea' over this car..what do the rest of you think?.......

Ford Endeavour

Shot with Digimax A503 / Kenox D503 at 1969-12-31
Old 25th June 2007, 01:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endeavour

Shot with Digimax A503 / Kenox D503 at 1969-12-31
Old 25th June 2007, 12:44   #24
BHPian

Good pics nickatnite. The car has an aswsome presence. Even then colour looks good.
I do agree about the seats though, especially the middle row, they are slightly uncomfortable.
Old 25th June 2007, 14:57   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Dropped in to harpreet ford last week for a TD but the TD vehicle was not available so just checked out the new Endeavour.

The interiors are more lively and airy and comes in a light shade now.The salesman claimed the SUV to be the most fuelefficient one sold in india.

Whats not tolerable for a SUV in this segment is the leaf-spring suspension at rear and the rear seats which are not even closer to safari's super comfy seats.
Old 25th June 2007, 15:18   #26
BHPian

@nickatnite: you are taking pics of chennai registered cars from new york eh?

btw, I dont like that fuel filler cap on the endy. They could have done well to shift it a little to the rear so that it doesnt overlap on the wheel rims. Also the endy looks its best with those bull-bars(pseudo or not)

rear spoiler and alloy spokes give it a car-ish looks. Alloy could have been more solid/chunky but those inward flowing lines are a nice tough.

btw, are the door handles chrome or color matched with the wheelrim and bumper mouldings?
Old 25th June 2007, 15:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

hey nice pics nick....i like the new alloys,overall looks much better now.
Old 25th June 2007, 15:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

It looks more powerful and macho compared to earlier Endeavour.
But price is on a higher side.
Old 25th June 2007, 15:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
rear spoiler and alloy spokes give it a car-ish looks. Alloy could have been more solid/chunky but those inward flowing lines are a nice tough.
Have you seen it in flesh ? There is nothing car like about this beast.
Old 25th June 2007, 18:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
@nickatnite: you are taking pics of chennai registered cars from new york eh?

btw, I dont like that fuel filler cap on the endy. They could have done well to shift it a little to the rear so that it doesnt overlap on the wheel rims. Also the endy looks its best with those bull-bars(pseudo or not)

btw, are the door handles chrome or color matched with the wheelrim and bumper mouldings?
I'm in Chennai now!. Visiting......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks