Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2007, 17:56   #16
k36
BHPian

Torque Emperor

Congrats Karan, Fantastic Car,

I experienced it yesterday.

One Swift was following my Swift VXi for quite some time on the mulshi-pune road in plains.. both doing about 60-70. Then in pirangut ghat incline, while I was doing around 40 in 2nd gear, this guy suddenly zoomed past at unbelievable acceleration... I could just about manage to see that it was an LDi.

All these months I've been reading about this, but this was the first experience.
Old 31st July 2007, 00:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to ask you this soon after your first drive, but still gave you a bit of time to experience more. You mentioned about the nervous handling and the fishtailing under braking. I had observed similar jigs from test cars. Attributed to wrong tyre pressure. But now that you are living with it, tell me have you noted any more antics from the suspension in terms of unsettling the car under braking from high speeds etc.
Old 31st July 2007, 09:50   #18
Team-BHP Support

congratz.. throw that stock tyres away, its a disaster waiting to happen in a diesel swift
Old 31st July 2007, 10:25   #19
BHPian

its one hell of a machine, i know people here are throwing away their petrol swifts for the diesel model! i know two crazy guys who are upto this!
Old 7th September 2007, 11:51   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

thanks for the replies guys .... well sorry for being out of picture and replin late ...
Well its over 5300 kms now , it was time for 2nd service , had sent it the SHAMAL motors for the servicing , the cost of the service was Rs. 0.0 ... , just a few check ups here and there .
Well , as per the fuel economy goes , the last time i measured i got an economy of 15.9 km/l (driven most of the times in the city) . The gear has become more SLICK up , and the TURBO wooosh ... its a killler .... this car is faster in the 5th gear than my modded rolla (19 kgm torque wo ho ...... )

A lot of you are quite disappointed with the speed toched , well i geuss they havent read the whole article i geuss ..... i did it under pressure no other option ...

Last edited by aah78 : 10th September 2007 at 03:43. Reason: multiple posts merged
Old 7th September 2007, 12:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Well its over 5300 kms now , it was time for 2nd service , had sent it the SHAMAL motors for the servicing , the cost of the service was Rs. 0.0 . just a few check ups here and there .
Well , as per the fuel economy goes , the last time i measured i got an economy of 15.9 km/l (driven most of the times in the city) . The gear has become more SLICK up , and the TURBO wooosh ... its a killler .... this car is faster in the 5th gear than my modded rolla (19 kgm torque wo ho ...... )
Hello karan561! Great FE that you got! Taking into consideration that full time a/c was used. The gear does ease up with more usage.

Quote:
A lot of you are quite disappointed with the speed toched , well i geuss they havent read the whole article i geuss ..... i did it under pressure no other option ...
I'm one of the person who isn't dissapointed because I like this way of run-in though you had a reason. What's the top speed you've touched now?

cya
A
Old 8th September 2007, 18:43   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
What's the top speed you've touched now
touched 170 km/h recently ....
Old 8th September 2007, 19:34   #23
BHPian

Is it possible to do that? I mean I have read on the forum that top speed has been limited to 160km/hr electronically.

What is the funda behind electronically limiting the speed?
Old 8th September 2007, 20:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
touched 170 km/h recently ....
Nice attempt! How is the noise of the engine when you go on higher rpms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Is it possible to do that? I mean I have read on the forum that top speed has been limited to 160km/hr electronically.
Swift electronically limited? I dont think so!

cya
A
Old 9th September 2007, 00:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Swift electronically limited? I dont think so!
Cars like the Brabus, AMG, M division are limited to top speed. Cars like Swift are limited by their engines. No the Swift aint limited to any speed.

@ Karan - What tyres are you running on?
Old 9th September 2007, 09:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Well Karan, are there any kind of rattiling/noices? I heard in the forum that there are some kind of rattles in swift......
Old 9th September 2007, 13:15   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Cars like the Brabus, AMG, M division are limited to top speed. Cars like Swift are limited by their engines. No the Swift aint limited to any speed.

Yeah BUSA! It should be engine limited and not electronically limited.
I did take into concern about upsized tyres for speedo error reading.
I wonder if still he's on stock tyres. Then its impressive to do 170 km/h

cya
A
Old 9th September 2007, 13:35   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

the top speed is limited to 160 km/h , we cant say it is electronically limited to as in the case of supercars , but the revv limiter becomes a barrier in the 5th gear , and therfore cant go above 160 in the 5th , we can take another example here . In my corolla the 4th gear goes upto 190 km/h @ 6250 rpm , but the 5th takes it upto just about 200 ( the top speed qouted by the company is 196 km/h) when that speed is achieved in the 5th gear the tachometer is @ a mere 5200 rpm , so this is where the revv limiter acts , the same way in the swift , i dont have a tachometer in the swift so , dont know the exact rpm at which it acts , so hope u get my point here ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post

Well its running on the STOCK SETUP i.e. 165/80 R14 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
the speedo had showed a 170 km/h , though the top speed is 160 km/h , it is for a simple reason because every instrument has an ERROR , so may be because of the speedo error it showed a 170 or may be because of a downslope ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Well Karan, are there any kind of rattiling/noices? I heard in the forum that there are some kind of rattles in swift......
Well , have come across two such noices namely ;

1) The boot of the car rattles when u go on bad roads and is very prominent and irritating .

2) My front right wheel car has got a strange rattling sound , i geuss of the clips inside might have broken .

Note from the Support Staff: You have a limited time in which to edit your posts. Please refrain from typing out new posts using Post Reply. Instead use the Edit function while it is usable.

Last edited by aah78 : 10th September 2007 at 03:45. Reason: multiple posts merged
Old 9th September 2007, 20:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well its running on the STOCK SETUP i.e. 165/80 R14 .
Stock tyres and driving at 170kmph Precaution is better then cure. drive safe mate.
Old 10th September 2007, 08:47   #30
BHPian

Yeah man, get better tires before you become adventurous
I managed 160 Kmph recently with 195/60/R15, felt rock solid at those speeds. Grip was also good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks