Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2022, 13:08   #16
BHPian

re: A Blue Beauty | Our 2021 Skoda Superb L&K | Ownership Review | 15,000 km up

The review is just like the name of your car - superb. You have pretty much covered everything that a fantastic review should have. It's not easy to pen down such an exhaustive and relevant observations. I really appreciate your efforts, time and sincerity to put forth such wonderful review to help people like us.

The car has very nifty touches be it the head guard flap, umbrella slots, sunshades etc., apart from enthusiastic powertrain.

I am only worried about the future service support, especially the long lead time in ordering the parts. I wish you many happy miles and enjoy the amazing machine.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th August 2022 at 13:26. Reason: Minor typos.
UD17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 13:42   #17
BHPian

Terrific, terrific review! While the superb is a well-known car, we all still read the reviews just to enjoy the human aspects of buying a car. No words needed on the car - indeed a top purchase.

The stand-out parts of your post are your passion towards cars and the writing skills you possess. In a world that increasingly takes writing for granted ( it's fashionable to make spelling mistakes these days ), lovely read!

God bless and wishing your Superb a hundred thousand kilometers ( with you in the co-passenger seat for a couple of years before you take over )
airguitar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 14:01   #18

Amazing Review of Superb!! Its incredible to see so how much detail you have covered. One of the best review I have read on Team-BHP.

Thanks for your time and effort. Happy Driving! And do let us know about your Hyd - Delhi trip

PS: By the way, great work with the pictures from your phone

Last edited by ampere : 27th August 2022 at 18:38. Reason: Removed Non-Forum Emojis.
ripy002 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 14:08   #19
BHPian

I read the review twice. You have penned this down beautifully, young man! I love the color shade and have been drooling over your car pics since morning.

I could relate to every word of your review, except for the DSG drive experience, as I have been driving the Superb 1.8 TSi MT as my daily drive. I normally sell cars at the 5-year mark, but, with the discontinuation of Octavia/Superb, I will try my best to keep my Superb until the 10-year mark. With very low daily running and the X1 being part of the garage too, fingers crossed, I should able to maintain it(with a reliable FNG of course) until then.

Wishing you 1,00,000-km / 10-years of peaceful ownership!
RJ2285 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 14:15   #20
BHPian

So Skoda just launched the Superb today I’m guessing, that’s why I see a new thread with the official Team-BHP review of it .

Simply amazing @GForceEnjoyer. Brilliantly written and superbly (get it?) organised.

Congrats on getting what is probably the last of the sensibly priced luxury sedans.

Last edited by lordrayden : 27th August 2022 at 14:29.
lordrayden is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 15:39   #21
BHPian

Very well written review. Truly shows an observant eye and great attention to detail, especially considering you didn’t drive the car at all
Mustang Sammy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 16:56   #22

Beautiful thread great writing. But, I have made a promise to myself to never purchase or recommend a Skoda to anyone. I owned a Skoda Fabia and a Skoda Superb in the past. The only thing they gave us was problems and torture. I was impressed by the strength and sturdy body of the vehicle, but the electric and mechanical failures that happened in both of my vehicles were horrible. I literally scrapped the Fabia at a local parts market and sold the Superb to Cars24. Let someone else deal with it. Whenever someone talks about Skoda or VAG ensure that this is highlighted to keep people away from VAG vehicles. If you are hell bent on buying one get extended warranty and sell it off before warranty ends. That is how you deal with VAG vehicles.
BlackLight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 17:39   #23
BHPian

Wonderful review. At age of 15, if you can write such a high quality review , I am sure you will do even better in future. Not for once I could imagine that this is a review from a school student - the level of detail, photos and your passion - Simply awesome. As a former owner of previous version of Passat Diesel, I can say confidently that your family will really enjoy this car. The stately presence (but at a decent price), the power and comfort for the passengers is unbeatable. Wishing you many happy miles and more reviews from you.
baskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 17:40   #24
BHPian

What a great review! For a 15 year old, you could put many professional automotive writers to shame! Well done and look forward to reading more from you!
Kapany is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 17:55   #25
BHPian

Wonderful review.

On a side note, it's crazy how the prices have risen in the last few years across segments. I couldn't have imagined that the Superb and Octavia would one day be called VFM products but here we are. With the absurd rise in prices for other models (especially C-SUVs and pseudo-SUVs, Octavia and Superb have now become brilliant choices. Disappointed to see them go.
Kartikaygaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 19:03   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
What a cracking review young man! Delighted to see such top quality writing as well as such a mature understanding of the vehicle at such a young age. I look forward to reading more from you on the forum.

Its really regrettable that the Superb and Octavia are going to be discontinued soon.

Hope you hang on to this one for a long time to come. They’re not gonna make them like this anymore.
Thank you very much! And yes, every word of what you said is true; choices are becoming increasingly limited in the sedan market, especially for reasonable prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
Absolutely fantastic review, well thought and penned. Love your enthusiasm - looking forward to continuation of your ownership review and you driving the car after you attain the legal age
Thanks for the kind words! Driving it after attaining the legal age is something I'm also looking forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Congrats man! Awesome review of an awesome car. The car is true to its name - just Superb. You have an amazing eye for details and that shows in the aspects that you have covered.

You have got it at the right time and wishing you many many miles of enjoyment riding and very soon driving the car.
Thanks a lot! It is indeed opportune timing to have bought such a car while it's available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustavguha View Post
Congratulations! Wish you many happy, enjoyable and safe kilometers! The car looks fabulous in this colour!

As for your writing, it was really good and everything was explained so well! Someone like myself who had never been in a Skoda showroom or a superb for that matter, i got a very clear picture!
I am honoured to hear that, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Congratulations.
All those who got these sedans (Octavia and Superb) in last couple of years are indeed lucky. You have a long time to hold on to your car. As we are progressing the options are only getting bad and expensive.
Very true, I doubt that such products will return anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
The review is just like the name of your car - superb. You have pretty much covered everything that a fantastic review should have. It's not easy to pen down such an exhaustive and relevant observations. I really appreciate your efforts, time and sincerity to put forth such wonderful review to help people like us.

I am only worried about the future service support, especially the long lead time in ordering the parts. I wish you many happy miles and enjoy the amazing machine.
Thank you so much! Let's hope that Škoda's recent efforts to improve their aftersales experience pay off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
The stand-out parts of your post are your passion towards cars and the writing skills you possess. In a world that increasingly takes writing for granted ( it's fashionable to make spelling mistakes these days ), lovely read!

God bless and wishing your Superb a hundred thousand kilometers ( with you in the co-passenger seat for a couple of years before you take over )
Thank you so much for the kind words! Only around 2 years left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripy002 View Post
Amazing Review of Superb!! Its incredible to see so how much detail you have covered. One of the best review I have read on Team-BHP.

Thanks for your time and effort. Happy Driving! And do let us know about your Hyd - Delhi trip

PS: By the way, great work with the pictures from your phone
Thanks a ton. I'll certainly do that once I make the trip! And the Redmi 9 Prime is surprisingly competent at photography for the price; in daylight, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
I read the review twice. You have penned this down beautifully, young man! I love the color shade and have been drooling over your car pics since morning.

I could relate to every word of your review, except for the DSG drive experience, as I have been driving the Superb 1.8 TSi MT as my daily drive.
Thanks a lot! As I commented on your review of your 1.8 TSI MT earlier, it's a rare find. Wishing you many pleasurable miles ahead as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
So Skoda just launched the Superb today I’m guessing, that’s why I see a new thread with the official Team-BHP review of it .

Simply amazing @GForceEnjoyer. Brilliantly written and superbly (get it?) organised.

Congrats on getting what is probably the last of the sensibly priced luxury sedans.
I'm incredibly honoured, thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Very well written review. Truly shows an observant eye and great attention to detail, especially considering you didn’t drive the car at all
Thanks a ton. It helps having enthusiast parents who are willing to share every detail with you as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
Wonderful review. At age of 15, if you can write such a high quality review , I am sure you will do even better in future. Not for once I could imagine that this is a review from a school student - the level of detail, photos and your passion - Simply awesome. As a former owner of previous version of Passat Diesel, I can say confidently that your family will really enjoy this car. The stately presence (but at a decent price), the power and comfort for the passengers is unbeatable. Wishing you many happy miles and more reviews from you.
Thank you so much! The Superb's German twin is yet another elegant car that offered fantastic value for money; great choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapany View Post
What a great review! For a 15 year old, you could put many professional automotive writers to shame! Well done and look forward to reading more from you!
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartikaygaur View Post
Wonderful review.

On a side note, it's crazy how the prices have risen in the last few years across segments.
Thanks! The price jump with new generations is becoming quite large these days, yes.

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 27th August 2022 at 19:24. Reason: Typo.
GForceEnjoyer is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 20:59   #27
BHPian

A 15 year old writing a review like this is surreal; punching way above its weight, almost as much as the car itself. Well done, GForceEnjoyer!!

May the petrol in your veins guide you to a pivotal position in automotive management. Coz if there were ENTHUSIASTS like you running the show at VAG-India, they would not let go of their Crown Jewels (AKA Superb and Octavia) so easily.
An enthusiast would have pondered migrating the 1.5TSI engine to BS6-Phase 2 and then using in various levels of tune (with electro-assist for Superb / Kodiak)

Your review only adds to my chagrin, on the undeserved discontinuation of the Superb and the Octavia. I wish you countless miles of happy motoring in your steed and look forward to your owner experiences.
KANNURAN is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 08:56   #28

Wow what an amazing review! It feels like I know the car so much better. I especially loved the technical details about everything and the nerd in me was joyous.
Thank you for spending the time on the details! We truly appreciate it.
Absolutely looking forward to more stories from you. Cheers mate!
bladegradev8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 11:54   #29
BHPian

Re: Rimac engineer claims Nevera is capable of accelerating from 0-100 km/h in under 1 second

One of the best review in recent memory. I have had a love hate relationship with the Škoda VW stable having owned two of their cars. But your review made me drool over this car especially the way you beautifully explained the engine and the way it works. It indeed is a true gem. Very few engines can beat the VW ones mated to the DSG. Alas the niggles and after sales take the sheen out of it. Nonetheless a fantastic drivers car and happy ownership!
raghuveerk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 22:04   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANNURAN View Post
A 15 year old writing a review like this is surreal; punching way above its weight, almost as much as the car itself. Well done, GForceEnjoyer!!

May the petrol in your veins guide you to a pivotal position in automotive management.
Thank you so much! I've taken business and economics as two of my main subjects in high school, so let's see where that takes me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladegradev8 View Post
Wow what an amazing review! It feels like I know the car so much better. I especially loved the technical details about everything and the nerd in me was joyous.
Thank you for spending the time on the details! We truly appreciate it.
Absolutely looking forward to more stories from you. Cheers mate!
Thanks a lot! Ecstatic to hear that you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuveerk View Post
One of the best review in recent memory. I have had a love hate relationship with the Škoda VW stable having owned two of their cars. But your review made me drool over this car especially the way you beautifully explained the engine and the way it works. It indeed is a true gem. Very few engines can beat the VW ones mated to the DSG. Alas the niggles and after sales take the sheen out of it. Nonetheless a fantastic drivers car and happy ownership!
I'm honoured to hear that, thanks! Let's hope that the reliability issues are a thing of the past now (with the updated DSG and all); a car that spends a couple of weeks in the garage but provides a ton of pleasure on all other days is better than one that spends a day but provides no pleasure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks