Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2023, 20:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: On a wing & a Hiace - My 2004 Toyota Hiace

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
I tried to dm rrsteer but it says that his inbox is full and doesn't accept replies in email. I wanted a front windshield for the hiace. Where did you get one? Please give me details
Sorry just noticed your post. I got it replaced from a local windshield dealer. He sourced it from China. This was just before Covid happened. I believe things are more difficult now.
By the way this is the second such query I have received since putting up the thread.
Old 25th April 2024, 22:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

The tyres of the van need to be changed sooner than later. Current tyres and wheels are of a Toyota Innova. I want to go back to manufacturer recommended sizes. After some searching, found information on the original wheel sizes for this particular model of Toyota Hiace - refer to the picture attached below. Would be grateful if someone can help me understand what the picture is trying to say?

1) What does Type A - Type E mean? - does it mean that the van came with five different wheel sizes depending on the variant?

2) What do the three values under Type A mean?

Thanks in advance to anyone helping out.
Attached Thumbnails
On a wing & a Hiace - My 2004 Toyota Hiace-tyre-size.png  

Last edited by rrsteer : 25th April 2024 at 22:53.
Old 26th April 2024, 00:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
1) What does Type A - Type E mean? - does it mean that the van came with five different wheel sizes depending on the variant?
I'm not sure if it depends on the variant, but it looks like it came with different wheel sizes. The alloy design and material is different in each type.
Quote:
2) What do the three values under Type A mean?
The first number (5, 5.5, 6) is the alloy's width in inches, whereas the second number (14, 15) is the alloy's diameter in inches.
Quote:
The J and JJ designations refer to the shape of these two lips. A J rim has a much deeper lip than a JJ rim. In general, the deeper lip causes more friction between the tire and rim, which slows down acceleration and cornering. It also creates a larger contact patch, which increases traction.

A J rim is usually better suited for very heavy riders or riders who do hard accelerations and cornering, like crit/track cyclists. A JJ rim is better suited for lighter riders or those who are less aggressive on their vehicles, like long-distance road racers.
Source

Last edited by ex-innova-guy : 26th April 2024 at 00:19.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks