Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2023, 10:00   #16
BHPian

Re: Meet Trie | My Pre-Owned BMW 530d (G30)

Hearty Congratulations d3mon. Happy to know it was a teambhp member who picked up the car. I had enquired Spinny about the same car and scheduled an appointment to check out the car. The very next day I got a call informing the car was booked.
duker2997 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 12:58   #17
BHPian

Congratulations and wishing you lakhs of kms with your 530d.

You had mentioned about the paint thickness gauge - is it your own? If it is, can you please DM me the details?
vinodvayyat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 13:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duker2997 View Post
Hearty Congratulations d3mon. Happy to know it was a teambhp member who picked up the car. I had enquired Spinny about the same car and scheduled an appointment to check out the car. The very next day I got a call informing the car was booked.
Oh wow, I got quite lucky then. It seems that I booked it after you scheduled your appointment. Had you booked it instead of just scheduling a test drive, I may have not gotten hold of this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post
Congratulations and wishing you lakhs of kms with your 530d.

You had mentioned about the paint thickness gauge - is it your own? If it is, can you please DM me the details?
Thanks. I requested Spinny to make one available at their warehouse and they obliged. They use these gauges during their own inspection process to figure out any repainted panels. Plenty of these are available on Amazon, but I don't have a specific one to recommend for you.
d3mon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 13:10   #19
BHPian

Hey

Kudos to you and your purchase.

Thanks for sharing that PDF of the engine's technicals, it's a really interesting read.

I have a request to everyone on tBHP posting about used vehicle purchases: please share the price it was purchased at. I did it for the bike I bought, I would gladly do it on any future purchases too.

I think it would be great for the community to know the used vehicle price levels, especially in today's market.
ads295 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 13:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

What a wonderful car! A pre-owned g30 530d was the one I had my heart set on but the ludicrous price increases post pandemic meant that it is now out of my reach. Can I ask how much you paid for it?
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 13:54   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads295 View Post
Hey
Kudos to you and your purchase.
Thanks for sharing that PDF of the engine's technicals, it's a really interesting read.
I have a request to everyone on tBHP posting about used vehicle purchases: please share the price it was purchased at. I did it for the bike I bought, I would gladly do it on any future purchases too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
What a wonderful car! A pre-owned g30 530d was the one I had my heart set on but the ludicrous price increases post pandemic meant that it is now out of my reach. Can I ask how much you paid for it?
About the price - unfortunately it's still totally a seller's market for enthusiast's cars like the 530d, M340i, M2 etc because the supply is so low and the demand is so high. I mean, there are literally just 2-3 G30 530Ds available in BLR at any given point of time and on this thread itself there are multiple buyers looking for one. More mass market options like the X1, 320d & 520d can be found for much more reasonable prices as there is sufficient supply in the market. At the end of the day, you need to decide if you're comfortable with the value you're getting vs the price that you're paying. If I look at the depreciation on my car, it's definitely much lower than what it should traditionally have been after 4 years (as per the pre-covid market norm). But if I look it from the lens of a new 530d costing about 90L OTR even after discounts, or from the perspective of a 134HP X1 18i listed for ~56L OTR, I feel much better. So, it's all about your perspective and moving fast, because good cars come up rarely and they get snatched up in no time at all!

Last edited by d3mon : 2nd February 2023 at 13:59.
d3mon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 15:39   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on bringing the 5 home!

Thanks for the clean review of spinnymax. Would keep it in mind when I go hunting for my luxury preowned debut.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 19:34   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
So the criterion for my 2022 upgrade was set:

G30 530d - The perfect sedan (for me)?
Congratulations on your new acquisition. According to me 530d is one of the cars that I sparsely see on the road. Looking at the red 320d, for a moment I thought was Dr.AD's car

Was your 3 series too a pre-owned one?
pranavGTI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 21:03   #24
FNM
BHPian

@d3mon Congrats. Wish you many happy years of motoring in the G30. I am glad you found a good home for your 320d. May I ask how/where you advertised it for sale?
FNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 22:12   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavGTI View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition. According to me 530d is one of the cars that I sparsely see on the road. Looking at the red 320d, for a moment I thought was Dr.AD's car

Was your 3 series too a pre-owned one?
Since you mentioned it, here's my 320d next to Dr. AD's
Yes, it was preowned as well - check the first post in this thread for details.
Meet Trie | My Pre-Owned BMW 530d (G30)-img_20190922_111009.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNM View Post
@d3mon Congrats. Wish you many happy years of motoring in the G30. I am glad you found a good home for your 320d. May I ask how/where you advertised it for sale?
Thank you. I had put it up on OLX.
d3mon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 02:28   #26
BHPian

Hey congratulations on getting hold of the best diesel sedan in the country. This is a blend of unmatched performance with mighty torque, and luxury and practicality. Whoever drives a 30d engine from BMW, will fall in love, even if he’s a petrolhead. I currently am driving a 530d E60, planning to upgrade it, torn between upgrading it to the F10 530D 2016, G30 530D 2018 or a F12 640D 2014. The latter is also included, because of that brilliant 3.0 diesel engine producing 313hp/650nm, and the car looks nothing short of ‘breathtaking’.
Anyways have fun with this beast, you’ll have a long way before you need a remap on this car, as this never leaves one wanting for more. More miles to this Bavarian beast.
dieselhead01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 03:48   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on acquiring one of the best diesel power plants from BMW.

I'm a huge fan of the 530D and M340i. Both are respectively one of the best cars from their respective line-ups. It's a good thing you didn't opt for the petrol version of the 5-series as many of them are just average and don't provide the same level of excitement as the one that you chose.

If I recall correctly, we both used to own the Ford Aspire (and, I faintly also remember meeting you in Bangalore and driving your modded Aspire, if I am not wrong.).

I was so impressed with Aspire at 100 bhp from a power delivery and handling perspective, now with 265 horses and tons of torque available, this would be no less than a beast on the road.

Btw, I noticed your alloy wheel design is exactly same as mine. Not a fan of it but, I had no options to customize when I was ordering mine.You should consider getting a better one that compliment the car better.

Congratulations and Enjoy miles of trouble free ownership. Cheers !!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 07:57   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
About the price - unfortunately it's still totally a seller's market for enthusiast's cars like the 530d, M340i, M2 etc because the supply is so low and the demand is so high. I mean, there are literally just 2-3 G30 530Ds available in BLR at any given point of time and on this thread itself there are multiple buyers looking for one. More mass market options like the X1, 320d & 520d can be found for much more reasonable prices as there is sufficient supply in the market. At the end of the day, you need to decide if you're comfortable with the value you're getting vs the price that you're paying. If I look at the depreciation on my car, it's definitely much lower than what it should traditionally have been after 4 years (as per the pre-covid market norm). But if I look it from the lens of a new 530d costing about 90L OTR even after discounts, or from the perspective of a 134HP X1 18i listed for ~56L OTR, I feel much better. So, it's all about your perspective and moving fast, because good cars come up rarely and they get snatched up in no time at all!
CONGRATULATIONS! Wishing you an enjoyable and trouble-free ownership experience.
For the benefit of other Forum members around Bangalore who were looking the BMW 5 series there are couple of them showing in Spinny website
https://www.spinny.com/max/buy-used-...-2018/5874579/
https://www.spinny.com/max/buy-used-...-2018/4632281/
Based on the pricing posted online and not sure how much room for negotiation is possible, expecting you might have paid at least 55 lakh considering the vehicle you got ran just 10k kms.
nikhil_pon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 10:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead01 View Post
I currently am driving a 530d E60, planning to upgrade it, torn between upgrading it to the F10 530D 2016, G30 530D 2018 or a F12 640D 2014. The latter is also included, because of that brilliant 3.0 diesel engine producing 313hp/650nm, and the car looks nothing short of ‘breathtaking’.
Best of luck to you for your upgrade. I'm biased so I'll obviously recommend the G30, but the F12 would be a great choice as well
Have you driven all of these options? I'm curious about how they compare to your E60, which is famed for its handling chops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If I recall correctly, we both used to own the Ford Aspire (and, I faintly also remember meeting you in Bangalore and driving your modded Aspire, if I am not wrong.).
I was so impressed with Aspire at 100 bhp from a power delivery and handling perspective, now with 265 horses and tons of torque available, this would be no less than a beast on the road.
Yes, I distinctly remember our meet and short drive on the airport road in my dieseltronic equipped Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, I noticed your alloy wheel design is exactly same as mine. Not a fan of it but, I had no options to customize when I was ordering mine.You should consider getting a better one that compliment the car better.
When people are evaluating if an idea is worthy of filing for a patent, one of the key points to consider is its detectability.
If an idea is undetectable, i.e. - you can't even tell if the idea is being employed by your competitor even with serious R&D, often times it's deemed pointless to file the patent because proving that somebody else is using the same idea is impossible and hence it's hard to enforce your patent.

When going for mods, I look for the exact opposite - mods should be completely undetectable, especially for my spouse.
Because if I start modding my car in a detectable manner, I'll have to mod it quite a bit more in order to make it comfortable for sleeping in it as well.
Having said that, I actually love the 662M alloys! I checked out your X3's alloys and they seem to be bright silver in color vs a slightly darker, almost metallic grey shade on mine. I hope it's not just a difference in lighting, but the darker shade does make them look a lot better. Maybe this is something you can explore for your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
CONGRATULATIONS! Wishing you an enjoyable and trouble-free ownership experience.
For the benefit of other Forum members around Bangalore who were looking the BMW 5 series there are couple of them showing in Spinny website
https://www.spinny.com/max/buy-used-...-2018/5874579/
https://www.spinny.com/max/buy-used-...-2018/4632281/
Based on the pricing posted online and not sure how much room for negotiation is possible, expecting you might have paid at least 55 lakh considering the vehicle you got ran just 10k kms.
Thanks Nikhil. Note to anyone considering this particular 530d with 40K KMs: The alloys & the brake discs need replacing on this example. There were noticeable vibrations at speed & during braking on this particular car. Not sure if Spinny has fixed it since I test drove it a few months back.

Last edited by d3mon : 3rd February 2023 at 10:30.
d3mon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 10:21   #30
Team-BHP Support

Exceptional, unbiased & detailed ownership reviews of cars have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also been included here. Thank you so much for sharing .

Meet Trie | My Pre-Owned BMW 530d (G30)-bmw.png
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks