Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2007, 19:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

Dear Mods, Outrightly, please block such strongly Biased and non-factual threads, which serves no purpose other than BHPians mud-slinging at one another and downgrading the quality of our Forum!

More often it is targetted against Fiat, sometimes Hyundai or Mahindra!
Such behaviour should be discouraged and condemned!

Last edited by finneyp : 20th July 2007 at 19:43.
Old 20th July 2007, 19:43   #47
Team-BHP Support

prabuddha, lets not go offtopic here. And anyhow its not about cyrus or any other individual.

cyrus or any other member can always voice their opinions. that is what open forums and debates are for. you may not agree to someone's view. and explain logically why you think otherwise.

so lets get back to the topic in hand now please.
Old 20th July 2007, 20:06   #48
Senior - BHPian

Its really saddening to see people taking this 19 yr olds comments so seriously. I have a 1100d and not a Palio 1.6, I know exactly why he has written this. It mainly because of the speed ranges for every gear. But as he will grow he will learn to take each vehicle on its own right. He has most probably not revved the engines at all. Moreover the cars he drove were brand new and could possibly not have run in. I hoped Team-bhpians with their "knowledge" about their rides could have pointed this directly rather than cricify this small kid.

Free expression has no alternative, wrong expressions have to be explained rather than shutdown by force.

I have particularly seen a few posts targeting the Padmini here, I did not expect that on a auto enthusiasts forum. Because every automobile enthusiast knows that the brand image for Fiat amongst Fiat lovers have been created by this car (and not without a reason).

Lastly this guys Dad is one hotshot at one of the auto majors in India and being that he can also actually assemble/disassemble and tune every aspect of his Fiat(s) technically (how many of us actually get down to the basics like that?). Vouch for my blood but he can tune a Fiat to do 140kmph on the highway (not much , but you should consider that it is a vintage 1100cc engine)

Folks he is a kid. I will be advisable for moderators to close this thread as it is pointless.
Old 20th July 2007, 20:43   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
More often it is targetted against Fiat, sometimes Hyundai or Mahindra!
Such behaviour should be discouraged and condemned!
All companies have been targetted for their flaws at team-bhp. And has helped all of us in revealing the flaws of a product/company.

For example, Maruti Suzuki has been flamed in many threads(for its build quality and even for its waiting period. Honda has been targeted saying that their products are overpriced and the company doesn't offer much needed safety features on cars like the City. Hyundai has been targeted for commanding huge premium for the diesels, and for their management not being able to pull sales for some cars in their model range. Mahindra has been targeted for not offering even basic accessories on the Logan, and for handling/brakes of the Scorpio. FIAT has been targeted for sales management, after sales but has been appreciated for its products.

No product is perfect,including the Palio. The palio being as powerful as it is, and with the speeds it is capable of, should have had ABS atleast as an option. The missing immobiliser in the 1.6 is also sad. But its neverthless, 1.6 remains VFM.

Let's have constructive criticism, which will only help team-bhp grow in quality.
Old 20th July 2007, 21:03   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
All companies have been targetted for their flaws at team-bhp. And has helped all of us in revealing the flaws of a product/company.
Fair enough.

Quote:
For example...appreciated for its products.
Ditto.

Quote:
No product is perfect,including the Palio. The palio being as powerful as it is, and with the speeds it is capable of, should have had ABS atleast as an option. The missing immobiliser in the 1.6 is also sad.
Very true. But the corresponding criticism of the Baleno is missing. What is also missed is a comparison based on the price point. Additionally what is conveniently overlooked is the fact that Fiat was one the first companies to offer airbags and ABS in India; an offering which was withdrawn when no response was forthcoming. But yes, if the Punto comes without this as an option, I will be the first to scream blue murder.

Quote:
Let's have constructive criticism, which will only help team-bhp grow in quality.
Agreed. Let us also agree to make criticism look like constructive criticism as well and not nitpicking. At least.

And to the Fiat fan club / loverboys / gang, let us be sporting with a first time impression. That can be corrected, but a fiery response cannot be taken back.
Old 20th July 2007, 22:13   #51
BHPian

An outsider's view

"Agreed 100% for the 1.1. It is designed to be sluggish for the "average kya hai junta" ": moralfibre

"The Stile 1.1 is just crap": gemithomas

Well, I am one of those 'average kya hai junta'. As far as my information goes, nearly 75% or more of all car buyers in India buy cars under or around 4 lakhs.

Of all the petrol cars in this price range (Omni, 800, Alto, Indica Xeta, Zen Estillo, Santro, WagonR, Spark) I have driven all except the Xeta. I have TD'ed the stile 1.1 twice, once with 4 people and another time with 5 people onboard with 100% A/C in congested city conditions and also semi-highway conditions, on very rough to smooth roads and up and down flyovers. My conclusion is that the stile 1.1 handles the best. Steering is very precise, gearshift smooth, wonderful sure feeling on the brakes and best in class space, suspension and ride quality. A lot is made out of its 57 BHP, but on road the car is at least as responsive as my WagonR. Read two threads by humans (therein other owners) and find out about 12+ kmpl mileage in city with 100% A/C (same as my WagonR in city). Now with the discounts currently offered, a Stile 1.1 SLE on road price is under 4 lakhs with A/C, power-steering, engine immobilizer, body-colored bumpers, fog lamps, internally adjustable ORVM, front power windows, central locking, remote tailgate opener, remote fuel lid opener etc etc.. How about that?

Would you care to explain your sweeping comments on the 1.1?

Without that, I will just simply disregard those comments in the same dismissive way you have written those comments.

I would hesitate to call any roadworthy car a crap or something like that, not even the YUGO (of a friend of mine, $4000, probably the cheapest car ever to be sold in the US) that I drove in 1987. I just happened to drive also Porches and Ferraris and what not: for an average janta, that's not bad, is it?

Last edited by Zappo : 21st July 2007 at 00:05.
Old 5th August 2007, 13:36   #52

i still stand by what i have written....my opinion is not biased...i love fiat and the car no doubt...i just expected a lil too much..which it did not deliver..

also i know how to drive and i kno when to shift and how to shift.and i did rev the car to it redline..so just because i am a 19 year old,i don think my opinion is invalid....understand that....
Old 5th August 2007, 13:41   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
No it doesn't come with ABS although the old gen Palio had ABS as an option. Later discontinued due to lack of market demand for those versions.
after my tire blew up, i asked the guy from the factory if the car had abs of not....and he said quote "arre of course i has abs"....
Old 5th August 2007, 13:48   #54

Quote:
Kya yaar Cyrus, I thought you were one amongst us but no

Please explain what is Clutch Judder. I haven't heard of this term and neither does my teacher google know anything about it.
The clutch is Hydraulic and feels different. If you haven't yet driven a car with hydraulic clutch then its quite possible that the judder in your terms was a difference in feel.

Agreed and it takes some sense to use it in the right way. Many of my friends just who take a drive return the car back in a km because they do not know how to use them right. If you slam the pedal, your wheels will lock.

Agreed 100% for the 1.1. It is designed to be sluggish for the "average kya hai junta"

Surprisingly I did not feel the ride quality to be inferior for any other car in its class and people who have driven it for some time fall for it.

Try the Indica, it has a better steering position.

Aha! Fun begins.

It can definitely accelerate faster than your Premier Padmini, provided you know how to put the power down. It gives out its peak torque at 4250 rpm and you start accelerating by shifting not before you atleast hit 5500 rpm in each gear. If you want a demo i'll take you for a drive in my car next time you come to Pune and show you how to put it down. Its not difficult and easy to learn.

Again explain Clutch judder pleashe

Explained above but "even more responsive" because it has to stop a 100 bhp car which weighs in excess of 1000 kgs. Don't slam it and it wont be responsive but yeah they have a spongy feel, sadly at your foot .

Who said that? I haven't seen ABS in any of the brochures.

What else do you expect when you jam the brakes? Next time try buttering the brakes. They taste better.

Punctures happen! My car had its third flat just recently.

They don't manufacture tyres but yes they can now start offering Advan Neova's since one of their cars had a flat tyre.

Nice observation. You keep her between 4k and 6k rpm and then butter the brakes to see that it doesn't stop.

"It doesn't move" matlab it is stationary? It accelerates and if you know your driving a bit you will not compare a car of that caliber with a bullock cart and I am sure you will always be loved for making that statement. Choose your lines very carefully and even before that learn how to drive.

Says who? Again if you know how to drive it wouldn't return you that FE ever. See my review for further details.

Please do not! It is slower than a Bullock cart. A bullock cart should move faster and have less responsive brakes and for sudden jolts of acceleration try lifting the tail and stick a cig butt doing a wheelie but ensure you have a seat belt.

if ur teacher google doesnt know what clutch judder is i think u ought to change your teacher.
CLUTCH JUDDER-start the car and put it into first...now very slowly leave the clutch..it the car starts to shake [judder] the phenomenon is called clutch judder...and the cars did have it...try it out an ur palio...

and btw moral the guy at the company said that the car was fitted with abs...so go argue with him and not me....

and also i do think that my padmini does give the same acceleration response that the palio gave me..
Old 5th August 2007, 18:19   #55
BHPian

great words

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post

There is nothing called absolute freedom. Your freedom is restricted by freedom of people around you. Freedom also comes only with responsibility.

From where I come from, a little bit of responsibility and unbiasedness can only rescue us, nothing else.

People are looking for information, as unbiased as they can be, and then let the people make their own decision. That's what responsibility is all about.
Great words, spot on. Freedom is futile without responsibility and justification.

Last edited by sreenivass : 5th August 2007 at 18:32.
Old 7th August 2007, 11:01   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
after my tire blew up, i asked the guy from the factory if the car had abs of not....and he said quote "arre of course i has abs"....
Hmm could be that the guy who said this had ABS in his back side

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
if ur teacher google doesnt know what clutch judder is i think u ought to change your teacher.
CLUTCH JUDDER-start the car and put it into first...now very slowly leave the clutch..it the car starts to shake [judder] the phenomenon is called clutch judder...and the cars did have it...try it out an ur palio...
Tried it and it doesn't happen. Will give you a demo when you are here for the 15th August Rally.

Quote:
and also i do think that my padmini does give the same acceleration response that the palio gave me..
I hope you are considering the 1.6 here and if you are then bring it on 15 Aug'07.

Just Being Cyrus
Old 7th August 2007, 22:51   #57

Quote:
Hmm could be that the guy who said this had ABS in his back side

Tried it and it doesn't happen. Will give you a demo when you are here for the 15th August Rally.

I hope you are considering the 1.6 here and if you are then bring it on 15 Aug'07.

Just Being Cyrus
no can do....see ya for the rally though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks