Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2007, 02:28   #1
BHPian

new car owner report -Getz 1.1 GLE 300kms

hey, just got our Getz last friday. Onyx blue, base model.
well, it was a upgrade from a santro, we were planning to go in for another santro itself, but changed our mind last minute.
As of now im really happy with the car.. it's mainly used by my dad in city.

pros
- spacious
- sedan feel in small car
- nice handling, good power steering feel
- smooth performance
- justified price difference of 30k over santro xl(without discount)
- quite sturdy for a small car
- really good lukin IMO

cons
- Under powered engine- although it feels quite refined and more powerful than the santro!!!
- AC is barely cools, plus performance drop with AC on is considerable!
- Dealer PDI was terrible, car had stains on door panels, roof mould,body dent..accessory(music system) fittings were terrible it had to go back several times,

Overall the car suits our purpose really well, the part i enjoy the most is the sedan feel. the car isn't flimsy like other small cars.
besides it looks kinda like the 206 which is my fav hatch!!
took it onto the highway only once, short distance, couldn't rip-nw car, but it seems to handle quite well.
1 st gear pull ok
2nd gear power band is very short, have to downshift to 1st too often and flattens out at 4k
3rd is okay,
4th is good,
5th is good.
this i think is lil diff from the santro!
anyways, will post my first highway experience with this car soon!
Old 20th July 2007, 03:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ah, it's blue!!!

Getz handles beautifully, and it's something else in the hands of a good driver. I still remember JD overtaking me down the main straight. I nearly crashed in amazement.

I'm surprised it's only 30k more than the Santro. That's really good value, considering the size and build quality. Any major difference in trim or creature comforts?
Old 20th July 2007, 08:49   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Ah, it's blue!!!
Getz handles beautifully, and it's something else in the hands of a good driver. I still remember JD overtaking me down the main straight. I nearly crashed in amazement.
I'm surprised it's only 30k more than the Santro. That's really good value, considering the size and build quality. Any major difference in trim or creature comforts?
The base 1.1 is almost 30k over the mid level Santro (XL)
Old 20th July 2007, 20:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The base 1.1 is almost 30k over the mid level Santro (XL)
Yes, thank you, I deciphered that from the first post. Now I'd like to know, since it's 30k over the mid-level Santro, and less than that over the top-end Santro, what it lacks in terms of trim and creature comforts.
Old 20th July 2007, 22:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Short and nice review.
What was OTR price of the car?
Who was the dealer?
Old 20th July 2007, 22:38   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, thank you, I deciphered that from the first post. Now I'd like to know, since it's 30k over the mid-level Santro, and less than that over the top-end Santro, what it lacks in terms of trim and creature comforts.
It doesn't have central locking, body colour ORVM, and most importantly no power windows or ABS.

What it does have over the top-end Santro? Tachometer!

Might be features i have missed, just put down what came to my mind.
Old 21st July 2007, 01:27   #7
BHPian

Lovely choice of colour Ronk.There are two shades of dark blue right?I think Onyx blue is the darker of the two. I loved the Getz 1.1 during the TD. Its a sweet drive, the engine is surprisingly resposive for such a small engine.Whats more surprising for me atleast, is that I found it more responsive than the 1.3! Good car! Enjoy the Getz life.
Old 21st July 2007, 10:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Nice review there.
The eRLX engine is a gem. Compared to other 1.1/1.2s with similar power to weight ratio, this one is surprisingly decent performing.
Old 21st July 2007, 10:59   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Ah, it's blue!!!

hey, the trim levels are the usual base model stuff... no cloth upholstery on the doors, no rear wash wipe, etc... but mainly as crazy driver said no power windows and no central locking, although we got central locking from the dealer FOC.. oh and yeah no fake aluminium console cover..
the important thin though is the fact that the santro is carrying a heavy discount with it... the getz 1.1 has nothing!! even if u trade in a huyndai!!!

well roms, onyx is th lighter one, deep pearl blue is the darker, DPB is really nice in the morning, but often looks black at night, besides, the dealer didn't have one with him..

talking about the dealer, its saini huyndai, and i think their accessories division is the worst on this planet, i've had to visit hem thrice regardin my music system and it still persists in givin me trouble!!initially they spoilt the AC ducting , then there was a loose connection, and only 1 out of 4 speakers ended up workin, now two of the speakers stop workin at low vol, and start when i increase the vol!!!!
guess i'll post that in the ICE section..
Old 21st July 2007, 11:10   #10
BHPian

oh..btw the OTR was 4.28 laCs... got underbody coat and remote central locking(+perfume,door pads etc) free..
got teflon coating done..
music system : Sony GT260 HU(with remote free), JBL CS2165 in front, Sony 6"(forgot model no.) at the back... had reasons to buy sony, don't judge my character from my choice of system!!
initaially the mileage i got was astounding, it was returning 6 or something, but it seems to have improved!! thankfully!!
Old 21st July 2007, 11:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Its a very nice looking hatch !! I love the new lights, The only thing Hyundai should give is Power Windows, buying a 4 Lcs + car & rolling yr windows down !!

Good discounts going on nowadays also .

@ronk - whats yr FE ?
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:13   #12
BHPian

Yes the Getz is a nice car to drive.
As vkochar pointed a car worth 4+ lacs should come with Power Windows.
There is a difference of a good 40K between the base and the top end 1.1 lt.
Then again you can shell out 4.5 - 10k to get the PW fixed by the dealer, you will still save a handsome amount considering the rest of the car is same.
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

ronk enjoy ur new car, and hey man, always post PHOTOS!!!!
Old 23rd July 2007, 14:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Thats nice Review, Do post FE figures in City and Highway, nice color choice. Getz is really silky smooth Premium Hatch. Its sedan without boot very nice practical choice.

Since its 1.1 ltr when Ac on pick up drops. Its same issue with all other cars too. When AC is on we should drive bit aggressively to catch same pick up without AC.

Regards.

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks