Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2007, 23:58   #16
BHPian

Hey, that's encouraging, Most reviewers were put off by the interiors comparing them to Swift and SX4. I don't fancy the interiors but didn't find them as bad as they are made out to be.

I like what Maruti had done with the pricing for the Vitara especially considering the Indian market and other car makers questionable strategy to create premium brands just via premium pricing and not necessarily value, to position their brands differently here which is at odds with their pricing and positioning elsewhere. So Grand Vitara selling well is good news.
Old 12th August 2007, 09:30   #17
BHPian

guys ,

when talking about this segment of cars Nissan X-trail is a bit higher end and even the features are much more big sunroof which you can even stand outside ,heated seats and other small things.

Mitsubishui Pajero is decade old technology that they are still selling it in India.

Hyundai Tuscon you just need to sit and you can smell the plastics ,and know it korean ,Although it is very value for money deal.

Honda Crv great looks ,styling ,power but i think it has any ofroading capabilities.

Endeavor is out of the question not enough power from the american.

What we need here is toyota prado as priced abroad . nearly about 20 lacks and this would do the best job?
What do you think?
Old 12th August 2007, 17:11   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sales figure suggest otherwise.

Grand Vitara sells 238 units compared to 225 units of the CRV. Too early to tell, but its a good start for Maruti Suzuki.
Hey thanks mate.

Where do you get these figures from?
I was searching but could not find anywhere...
Old 12th August 2007, 22:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sales figure suggest otherwise.

Grand Vitara sells 238 units compared to 225 units of the CRV. Too early to tell, but its a good start for Maruti Suzuki.
I wonder where they sold them! Have not seen even one on the roads of bangalore..
Old 13th August 2007, 18:18   #20

I back Rangaraj. I have never seen a customer in Chennai driving out in a new Grand Vitara. I have seen the test drive vehicles in two showrooms though.
how in the world was MUL able to sell 238 ?
Old 13th August 2007, 19:59   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Delhi and Mumbai are the auto enthusiasts markets boss.
Bangalore and Chennai don't figure in the initial list as guys out there would generally wait for someone else to try new things first...
Old 13th August 2007, 23:48   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Hey thanks mate.

Where do you get these figures from?
I was searching but could not find anywhere...
I got it from this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...alysis-22.html

Figures are more or less true as its from SIAM data
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post528205
Old 14th August 2007, 08:10   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the threads!
Old 14th August 2007, 17:29   #24
BHPian

Gr8 review , just saw a Nissan X trail today ,looked very plane jane from the sides , but the car has a neat looking front grill i must say !
Old 16th August 2007, 10:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

well my cousin has bought the Grand Vitara,a silver one,automatic,16.9L on road in thane.I have to say that all these negatives about the vitara are unfounded.The rear is comfortable and has nice wide seats,the engine though not very powerful has decent performance and even has a power mode switch.

The Vitara looks macho when compared to an CRV which looks like a wagon to me.The interior is black alright but i find it classy(my opinion) and easy to maintain when compared to beige interiors.also the vitara does have climate control,fully automatic climate control,only thing is that the temp control is analog(20-21-23-2---) and not digital.The main problem is that it has poor economy because of the full time 4WD which causes drag.

The CRV auto costs 21.60 L in thane,not worth it at all.I'll post a full review with tons of pictures soon.
Old 16th August 2007, 10:50   #26
Team-BHP Support

I love the look of the Vitara. It looks like an SUV, and not a raised station wagon. However, I can't help but think that a person paying 17 lakhs for a vehicle would feel a bit short changed to find the the same steering wheel, instrument cluster and switches on a economy hatchback and lower C class sedan.
Old 16th August 2007, 11:52   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
well my cousin has bought the Grand Vitara,a silver one,automatic,16.9L on road in thane.I have to say that all these negatives about the vitara are unfounded.The rear is comfortable and has nice wide seats,the engine though not very powerful has decent performance and even has a power mode switch.

The Vitara looks macho when compared to an CRV which looks like a wagon to me.The interior is black alright but i find it classy(my opinion) and easy to maintain when compared to beige interiors.also the vitara does have climate control,fully automatic climate control,only thing is that the temp control is analog(20-21-23-2---) and not digital.The main problem is that it has poor economy because of the full time 4WD which causes drag.

The CRV auto costs 21.60 L in thane,not worth it at all.I'll post a full review with tons of pictures soon.
Hey,

I am so happy.

First news of Grand Vitara purchase on T-BHP.

Even I like the looks (in fact I find them so tempting that I just want to buy one right away....only if I had that much cash...). And I also like the interiors. I found the interior, exterior and the build quality high class. If Swift and Sx4 also get this classy stuff, I don't mind..good for them (though when test driving swift, I don't remember getting such a classy feel inside...may be all things that are black are not necessarily of the same quality...).

The glove box in Grand Vitara opens very slowly and elegently (will not hit your knees no matter how much load you have put inside). My mother liked it so much, we opened and closed the glove box at least 10 times...the sales guy was smiling. Same with the rear (5th door). the pneumatic hinge is awesome to operate. The rear seats recline....all in all pretty decent stuff.

My only wish (OK, 2 of them for interiors) -
1. they should have given rear seat A/C vents
2. The driver side power window has an auto down mode. No auto up. it seems no Suzuki has it but my NHC has it and I find it very useful when I have to roll up my window urgently to save from the exhaust smoke and debries from the trucks and PMT buses from the opposite traffic.

Also, the engine noise was my biggest worry and also the fear of poor FE.

Please do update with your "first hand" feeling of the engine, performance and FE.

Did you guys take it off-road? I think it will rock.

---Congrats again---

Last edited by anandpadhye : 16th August 2007 at 11:54.
Old 16th August 2007, 11:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I would love to see this too... but have my own doubts! Fortuner was to be positioned in the 12~14L range and is long overdue...
The Fortuner is priced above the Grand Vitara and the CRV in most markets. Its hardly cheap. It stands taller than the others, but seems to lack middle-row space compared to the GV.

IMHO the GV looks better than the CRV - the new CRV looks pretty idiotic, and black interiors appeal to me more than the beige ones anyday. It should've come with another engine option, though - least they could've done is to have offered the V6 from the outgoing model. But this is India, and that V6 would've killed it in the market because of FE perceptions.
Old 16th August 2007, 12:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey,
Also, the engine noise was my biggest worry and also the fear of poor FE.

Please do update with your "first hand" feeling of the engine, performance and FE.

Did you guys take it off-road? I think it will rock.

---Congrats again---
Engine noise is there but only on the outside,it is quite silent inside the cabin.The realtime indicator was showing a econmy of 6.5 to 6.9 in city.we havent taken it off-road or on a long drive as the number plates are still not put up.
Old 16th August 2007, 14:07   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can you please explain what function the power mode switch serves?
Automatic is for 16.9L? Sweet pricing!
Quote:
The CRV auto costs 21.60 L in thane,not worth it at all.
Hmmm, more than enough price to add more and more accesories into the GV, if needed. But Honda will still have enough buyers who want nothing but the 'H' on the grill.
Quote:
I'll post a full review with tons of pictures soon.
Waiting!
Quote:
First news of Grand Vitara purchase on T-BHP.
After reading some of your posts, i had the impression, you'd probably be the first in team-bhp! Waiting for reports to make decision?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks