Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2007, 17:33   #16
BHPian

Hey,
Congrats on the new Palio!
Just a question. I thought the Palio comes with 14" alloys. Does your Palio have 13"? Go for a nice sunroof to add to the sportiness of the car. Mine has one and believe me it always gets noticed.
Kontoo
Old 16th August 2007, 20:59   #17
BHPian

Iv got a Webasto sunroof on my Swift Zxi. Though it looks cool and adds to the sporty look it has recently started making rattling sounds when going over rough patches. I am finding this rather buggins so not gonna go for one on the Palio. Kontoo, u speak German? Ur signatures German aint it?
Old 20th August 2007, 17:01   #18
BHPian

Ja! Ich kann deutsch. Kannst du auch deutsch sprechen?
Gruss,
Kontoo
Old 20th August 2007, 21:01   #19
BHPian

Having driven the Palio 1.6 for 750 kms now i have come across a few small gremlins:

1. The Accelerator remains a little depressed when you take your foot off it, this leads to a high idle rpm of 1000-1300. To overcome this i have to pull the accelerator pedal upward with my foot, then the rpm settles down to around 700 which is normal.

2. The driver side sunvisor has got loose and now hangs in front rather than folding upwards. This is critical and i must get it fixed since it blocks the view in front.

3. The rear power window switch near to the gearshift gets stuck when pulling up the window, i think it has to do with the plastic switch being faulty.

That's 3 bugging problems in a brand new car already, neccessitating a trip to the workshop 15 kms aways and wasting a day there. This sucks, why cant FIAT understand that it's 2007 and such issues should not happen. Competition is fierce and word of mouth publicity is something that would win them lots of buyers provided they take care of these niggling problems.
Old 20th August 2007, 22:21   #20
BANNED

Are you not happy with your buy? Are you probably having second thoughts?
Old 26th August 2007, 00:33   #21
BHPian

And now the rear wipers stopped functioning too. But the thing is that im loving this machine more n more as each day passes. The torque of the 1.6 motor is addictive as is the sound. Would be completing 1000 kms in a day or two and then it's time for 1st service and an oil change.

Second Tank Mileage: All in city driving with AC = 9.9 kmpl. Not bad this was something i expected. But i have been keeping the revs below 2500 till now. Dont know how much the FE would go down if i take the revs between 2500-4000 rpm once the car is run in.
Old 26th August 2007, 19:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

good buy, congrats. one thing though i am really annoyed with fiat is their parts quality. even here and even on the forum for palio on yahoo there seems to be regular updates on parts doing badly very soon during their lifetime. well with tata's 3 yr extended warranty hopefully that will be taken care of. but hey then common fiat, localization != bad parts!
Old 26th August 2007, 22:39   #23
BHPian

The only thing rocks is the unmatched performance from the 100 ps machine inside. I had couple of issues with my Palio 1.6. But you have the warranty period for replacing or repairs if possible. Atleast I looked at it in this way as I like the car a lot.

Fiat may not get it correct for first time but they would correct it for you.

Did you manage to solve the rear wiper issue? If yes what was it all about?
Old 27th August 2007, 17:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontoo View Post
Ja! Ich kann deutsch. Kannst du auch deutsch sprechen?
Gruss,
Kontoo

Can you please explain what does your signature mean?
Old 2nd September 2007, 21:17   #25
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Don't know if this is right place.

Am planin for Stile 1.6 around Deepawali. I have come across lot of people complainin about bad dealer experience. Am in Hyderabad and we hav 3 dealers Concord, Autofin and Malik. Nearest one to me is Autofin been there to checkout price n stuff it was kinda ok as far as attending my query. Any1 around here from hyd who owns a Stile 1.6. I hvn't found a 1.6 on Hyd roads(one i got to hv a look was at showroom that was inside the shoroom unlike tata cars which were displayed outside i felt as stepmother treatment), is that the same with other cities tooo?

Thanks,
Old 3rd September 2007, 13:30   #26
BHPian

Hey Renegade,

Did we pass each other on GGN-FDBD road today ? Saw a Formula Red Stile 1.6....and there aint too many of em arnd

Me on Black Stile 1.6..
Old 3rd September 2007, 13:45   #27
sakthi350

hi .... i am sakthi... from chennai... i am planning to go for a palio 1.6...blackkk.... i lik to ask u few questions.. i think by tis time... u would hav cme to knw abt de mileage.... I am mainly concerned abt 2 thing...

1)In most of the older palio... power windows... had some problem....It was even mentioned in the auto car magazine..and i hav driven a second hand.. palio..which has clocked 30000.... it also had the problems with de power window

2).. In the older palios suspension need a replacement by 40000.....

HAV THESE PROBLEMS BEEN RECTIFIED?

3) .. I am not too concerned abt de mileage... but how much..r u getting? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Please.gif

if possible pls mail me - sakthi350(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Jaisima

Mod's Note: SMS language in posts is not allowed. Please desist from doing this.

Also, do not post the same thing at multiple places. You have posted the exact message in a new thread.

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd September 2007 at 14:05.

Old 3rd September 2007, 15:20   #28
BHPian

Hi GUYONBLACKYBX, sorry dont know your name..... I am also in Hyderabad and looking for a Palio 1.6 sport. i have been to all three dealers you mentioned. i am bargaining with all them for better and may purchase for dussera or even before. call me or mail to me to share the information on this.
Old 3rd September 2007, 16:47   #29
BHPian

@sakthi - Driven over 3K kms so far - no problems with power windows so far (touchwood)

Don't know about the suspension - will take quite sometime for anyone in the forum to verify if it indeed needs replacement at 40k kms :-)

My mileage figures have been posted on another thread - but suffice to say that its been between 9kmpl to 12kmpl, across driving conditions and a/c usage.
Old 4th September 2007, 09:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscrive View Post
Can you please explain what does your signature mean?
The signature is German for "A Bit please". Bit is the shortform of "Bitburger" which is a famour beer in Germany.
"Bitte ein Bit" is the exact tagline used by the company for all its commercials.

Socheers:

Most Viewed