Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2007, 14:28   #16
BHPian

Did u get ur ICE done? Pics if u have done? What about seat covers etc. ?
-EMD
Old 16th August 2007, 12:21   #17

No EMD ICE is not done

EMD any suggestion for seat covers,iam confused between soft leather and fabric.Soft leather looks good but the temperature is very high.

One more query, reverse gear is very hard to engage, it is not as smooth as other gears,do u face this?

thanks
--kumar--
Old 16th August 2007, 14:46   #18
BHPian

Yes, the reverse gear is tough to engage in my car too. When I told this to the dealer during the first (30 day/ 1000km) service, they told me they fixed it. But its almost the same...

The guy at the service centre told me that it will improve with usage. In fact, I was worried a lot about this, my left elbow had started paining too.

I had posted this query on the forum...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-aveo-uva.html

Surprisingly the Test Drive car had a super smooth gear shift. Wonder if the dealer duped me? But, now I dont feel the notchy gears so much. Maybe I've got used to it (lol)

Reg. Seat covers... I've still not got any.
In fact, we sail the same boat. I too am confused between Art. Leather/ Fabric. Think I will go for the Art Leather ones, but from JC Road, not the GM genuine accessories. Dealer's asking for 4.5K for GM Art. Leather seat covers- wonder if its really worth that much?

Reg. ICE, I have finalised on the Pio - 7950U, and comps in the front. Probably I'll go for the Illusion comps (4.5K), I read MoralFibre's post in the ICE section and he seems to be pretty happy with his setup. Amp, Woofer etc. I will get them later as upgrades.

Yes, I did get a Under-body painting done at the dealer. I thought it was necessary after reading about it on the forum, but no paint coatings.

Pls post me your FE figures.

-EMD
Old 16th August 2007, 15:49   #19

Thanx for your reply EMD,

Every GM cars from my dealer has Kenwood HU and 2 front speakers, cost included in onroad price.Sound quality was not that great so i was not interested on that.

Here are my accessories list:

Remote locking with anti-theft system - 5900(Dealer)
Underbody rust coating - 3100(Dealer)
Parking sensor - Price not sure and to be fixed in first service,since stock was not available (Dealer)
Car cover - 1100(dealer)
Curtains - 350(Free)
Petrol 45 liters - (Free)
Mud,door and dicky mats - (Free)
Perfume,Car shampoo - (Free)

I have driven for 330 kms only,with 100% AC and the fuel gauge is just above the halfway mark.I will update you the fuel efficeny in my next fill.Madurai is not as crowded as bangalore so fuel efficeny should be higher,but this is my first car and i have just got my driving license, drove the car in 2nd gear for first two days.but now iam very comfortable.

ICE not yet decided, since iam in bangalore.

thanks
--Kumar--
Old 16th August 2007, 17:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar25rs View Post
Thanx for your reply EMD,

Every GM cars from my dealer has Kenwood HU and 2 front speakers, cost included in onroad price.Sound quality was not that great so i was not interested on that.

Here are my accessories list:

Remote locking with anti-theft system - 5900(Dealer)
Underbody rust coating - 3100(Dealer)
Parking sensor - Price not sure and to be fixed in first service,since stock was not available (Dealer)
Car cover - 1100(dealer)
Curtains - 350(Free)
Mud,door and dicky mats - (Free)
Perfume,Car shampoo - (Free)

--Kumar--
Wow! Your dealer seems very generous. I dont think Pune GM dealer is offering anything free other than I-love-my-chevy-doll. My spark was delivered to me with exactly 5 litres of petrol. For floor mats he quoted me Rs 950. I got better mats from outside at 400.00.
Old 17th August 2007, 05:33   #21
BHPian

I got the following freebies on my UVA Base in Bangy:
1. Floor and dicky mats
2. Petrol 10 litres.
3. One Chevy Keychain, Tararampum Audio CD and a Chevy teddy bear

I got the Remote locking (not anti-theft) for Rs 4.7K and underbody for 3.8K extra.
Old 17th August 2007, 10:39   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar25rs View Post
Quite a lot of freebies you have received !!
45 litres of petrol !! Wow, almost a full tank !
Old 17th August 2007, 16:47   #23

@benbsb29 - Yeah its full tank, my uncle has already purchased a Tavera and an Aveo.So we bought the vechile with my uncle's reference and the same salesperson who dealt with my uncle
Old 19th August 2007, 21:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi Kumar,

Your review on UV-A is good and car as well. Looking at your review, my decision to go for UVA became more stronger. I got my car LS model on 16th August 07. Been happy with it so far. It is too smooth on road and as you pointed out, gear shift is rough. You could hear the tuck sound when you engage the gear. The dealer told me that the Chevy is long life on gear box and hence, a little hard.

However, i don't buy this story. Reverse gear shift, do not fall immediately. I need to real push the lever hard in to the slot.

Other wise, a good car to drive. I need to see the performance on highway yet. Expected shortly.

Dwarak
Old 19th August 2007, 23:29   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
I got the following freebies on my UVA Base in Bangy:
1. Floor and dicky mats
2. Petrol 10 litres.
3. One Chevy Keychain, Tararampum Audio CD and a Chevy teddy bear

I got the Remote locking (not anti-theft) for Rs 4.7K and underbody for 3.8K extra.
That must be more than 10 litres from Sundarm EMD. And dont forget the sweet box and tissues

But sadly we bought our cars at the wrong time.. freebies and discounts galore now.. atleast for the Spark.. people call me for opinions and make me burn by asking "am getting 18K cash discount do you think its a good deal??"
Old 22nd August 2007, 05:30   #26

My New u_VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
That must be more than 10 litres from Sundarm EMD. And dont forget the sweet box and tissues

But sadly we bought our cars at the wrong time.. freebies and discounts galore now.. atleast for the Spark.. people call me for opinions and make me burn by asking "am getting 18K cash discount do you think its a good deal??"

Hi All ....am new to this forum .However, am sure is a wonderful place to share knowledge and ideas on cars. i bought u-va base model on 16th Aug this month. Bought Platinum Metalic Color.

Genuinr accessories from GM

Front power window:7500
Central Locking: with control of power windows:4500
Body color door handlse:1500
body color ovrms with LED for indicators(orignal)2800
Speaker tray:1200

Additional Accessories not from GM

Pioneer 6950 --6800
Pioneer front speaker dont know model --1300
Pioneer TS-D691(Yellow Cone)--4900
Pioneer Steering Remote --1000

base model costed around 4.15 on road with corporate discount 10k

Like the car till ..quite spacious ..good to look at ... gear shift seems to be a concern ...need to go thru this forum and research

suggestions welcomes....btw not got seat covers ..any suggestions ??
Old 22nd August 2007, 10:07   #27
Team-BHP Support

Saw a U-VA in black this morning, and from the front, it did look quite appealing. I feel they rear design of the car isnt really as good as the front.
Old 28th August 2007, 19:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Bought the Aveo UV-A -Icy Blue color, 1.2 LS model on 16th August 2007. I find it more smoother and noice less than Swift and Getz. Breaks are good. At road humps, even if rush through , you won't feel the shock. I was told in Swift the shock get transfered to body instant.

On road price I paid in Bangalore - Rs. 5.12 lakhs including Remote Central Locking system
Sony Xplode with 4 speakers cost me Rs. 10.7 k

Though UV-A do not catchy look swift , you would feel safe in UV-A.
Body line is stronger and metal is thicker than its class.

These are my assessments

Warm regards,
Dwarak
Old 29th August 2007, 09:25   #29
BHPian

Guys can please you post your FE figures?

I am getting about 12.12kmpl until now:: (640Kms in about 52 litres; 50% AC, 70% of city driving)

With AC On, the engine seems very much underpowered, but in Bangalore, we dont need the AC so much.

@Gaurav: I didnt know GM accessories have the Power windows kit now. What about the antenna and wheel caps, have you got them done? Or did u get urself alloys?

@Dwarka: I've seen the icy blue - me thinks the icy blue colour looks the best on a UVA. Congrats, dude !
Old 29th August 2007, 09:49   #30
BHPian

Petrol is an complimentory Stuff From Sundaram kinda very nice policy they have to keep customers happy.

But not sure why it is varing for different buyers.
Me and my all frens around 4 all got tank full. Guys one more thing if you have good relation with Dealership you will get good discount on GM acc too in your complete ownership tenure and this is with few maruti dealars also i am stating this based on my experience.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks