Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2007, 06:50   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
Congrats da, welcome to the UVA club!

She looks great! Btw, I have the Platinum metallic Base version.

Dude, is this some new Chevy dealer in Bangy? Never seen a ARAS motor advt. sticker!

@Nimz: He's already got the Chevy teddy- I could see him relaxing at the back of the car

-EMD
Can you please the FE of your U-VA. One of my friend was asking for it so that he can make a decision on what car to buy.
Old 30th August 2007, 15:07   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghutk View Post
Can you please the FE of your U-VA.
I'm getting 12.something
Old 4th September 2007, 11:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

my new aveo UVA

Hi all,

In Bangalore, dealer fills 10 ltrs of petrol as complementary offer. Along comes, antenna, floor mats, a set of head light bulbs and reflector sign to be used in breakdowns.

Drive so far has been pleasent and swifty.

Dwarak
Old 4th September 2007, 12:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Kumar...!!
Car looks good and the colour is even better..
Old 10th September 2007, 15:50   #35

Hi ..

Yes ...GM provides fromt power windows...Pretty cool goes with the interiors and looks like orignal fitting. One cool feature if windows left open and u lock the car ..windows roll up automatically ...got the antenna from GM for 700 .. not got the wheel cap or alloys..still wondering ..anyways the orignal wheel cap does not appeal to me at all

Any suggestion ??

My first service due in another 10 days ...any suggestion on how to deal with gear shoft problem with the dealer ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
Guys can please you post your FE figures?

I am getting about 12.12kmpl until now:: (640Kms in about 52 litres; 50% AC, 70% of city driving)

With AC On, the engine seems very much underpowered, but in Bangalore, we dont need the AC so much.

@Gaurav: I didnt know GM accessories have the Power windows kit now. What about the antenna and wheel caps, have you got them done? Or did u get urself alloys?

@Dwarka: I've seen the icy blue - me thinks the icy blue colour looks the best on a UVA. Congrats, dude !
Old 19th September 2007, 21:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

Thanks buddy. I have clocked 1k kms yesterday and giving the car for first service on 21st sept. So far I am very happy with the UV-A. As I said earlier, it is swift on road and perfect braking. Mileage not checked so far. I would have filled 90 ltrs. petrol so far. still have about 10 ltrs in tank

Means apprxly, 11 kms per ltr. Is that good or bad. My initial speed is 60-80 kmph., mostly with AC on.

I am longing to take it on spin on long drive of about 1000 kms in 2 days.

Keep contributing your views.

Warm regards,
Dwarak
Old 24th September 2007, 11:22   #37
BHPian

hi dwarka,

my Fe's reduced now to 11.something. Dont know why? must be because i'm pushing the car too much nowadays..

btw, I got my ICE done yesterday. Its a Pio 7950U + Illusion Electra 6.1 components in the front.

Will post a detailed update in the ICE section related to this...

Btw, now I'm used the horrible gear shift. So no problems there too.
Old 1st October 2007, 08:37   #38
BHPian

Velocity Blue Chevy U-VA

Heyy Guys!

http://www.orkut.com/AlbumZoom.aspx?...6658239&pid=11

(thts the temporary place u can check out my car pic. will post properly soon)

My first post and i m probably putting it in the wrong place. Neways here is my take on the U-VA baby.

Performance is wonderful EXCEPT for that gear shift situation. But otherwise great overall performance. personally a first car for me( i m still on my learners btw :P) my dad is the one driving it mostly for now.i do drive it within a particular radius of my place.

We actually went to the shwroom to book the higher end LT variant, but since the sales guy said tht our particular choice of color wudnt be available for 3-4 weeks so finally with regret we settled for the mid version .. but we put all the add-ons tht the higher end version had except for the rear defogger n wiper-washer unit which cant be "added"... but we can totally do without...
We replaced the steel wheels with the alloy ones tht comes with the higher end.. + changed the side mirrors(OSRVM) n door handles with same body colored types(as provided in the higher end one) + added fog lamps (as provided in the higher end one)
See , basically wht the higher end version has is mainly cosmetic changes... so we added wht all we liked and was useful..
now the mid version comes for 5.19 on road while the higher end comes at 5.66 ..but u wud certainly HAVE to take sum extra things for the higher end as well.. like the security feautures the audio etc. so tht would come to about 5.89 +audio (say 10-12k)
so we actually saved about 27k by getting the LS(mid version) and putting all the add-ons(wheels+fog lamps+body color mirror n handles etc.)+securitysystem (7.5k)+audio(sony xplod @ 7k+rear triaxial blaupunkt 6"x9" ovals@2450+front sony 2 ways@ 2200)
so thts a real gr8 save-off...

done 520 km till now...WILL SOON POST IN DETAIL REVIEW ABOUT F.E etc.
Old 4th October 2007, 13:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

FE reduces for two reasons. One over throttle and second constant changing of gears. i.e. city driving with AC in both cases.

Dwarak
Old 16th March 2008, 19:08   #40
BHPian

few photos to go with my post..

few photos to go with my post..
Attached Thumbnails
My new Aveo UVA-cr-1.jpg  

My new Aveo UVA-cr2.jpg  

My new Aveo UVA-cr3.jpg  

Old 15th September 2008, 12:48   #41
BHPian

Another U-VA owner!

I have a 4 months old Aveo U-VA (black of course!) - the LS variant (LT was not worth its price). Got alloys and Pirelli Drago all-weather tubeless done from outside (the showroom was quoting an exorbitant price!). The audio is dealer fitted Nippon...decent enough right for now :-). Got remote locking for 4.5k from dealer. Put Llumaar films (PP 70 and Steel 50) - around 7.3k. So far it has been a pleasant experience. Clocked around 2000 kms on the odo with a couple of highway trips (500 km) lately. Have not pushed it much but was able to hold good speeds with 3 passengers. I agree that the gearshift is notchy...esp. 1st to 2nd and reverse. Told the dealer about it...did not help much. Have not accessorized yet - looking to add a tacho with gear-shift light and maybe a SRF. Anyone has any opinions on using a SRF on the U-VA yet?
Old 15th September 2008, 13:36   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar25rs View Post
Thanks everyone!
But my mom is suffering from a back problem and she was very comfortable in uva than swift or getz. All the cars have their own pros and cons. Gear shift and interiors were great in getz prime 1.3 gls, but you cannot get everything in a package and there must be some compromise.

Guys any suggestion on seat covers, am confused between soft leather and fabric since it is very hot here (38 degree)

thanks,
Kumar
Kumar

firstly congrats on the car. My heart always belonged to the UVA ever since I test drove and reviewed it a year back, but the mind went with Swift VDI for obvious reasons of single use/economy and power.

I sorely miss the 40-60 folding rear seats, the rather spacious boot, the defoggers, acceptable interiors and zippy non ac drive of the UVA. I also miss the fact they dont give ABS/Airbags even as an option. Collectively 'shame on all you auto companies' for not thinking of safety. (barring a few)

that said, the rainforest is the best colour in parallel to black for this car. I also can relate to the feeling of having a bad back and how a good car can take this worry off. The rear is more than acceptably spacious in uva as compared to swift. I also liked the getz and can say to some extent uva and getz are of the same order more or less.

as for seats, i advise you to go for art leather (very high quality) or leather seats itself. I have found that some people (like me) tend to have static electricity strike when touching metal parts after a drive when getting down. the only way to avoid this is to have a leather seat over the company fabric.

12-13kmpl must be more like good enough as this is a big car honestly. but with petrol prices where they are, commuting itself is becoming 1/10th of our salaries these days.

anyways, good car choice and enjoy yourself thoroughly!
Old 15th September 2008, 16:16   #43
BHPian

congratz dude!
but i guess the swift would have been a better choice??
wot r ur reasons for not going for a swift?
Old 16th September 2008, 12:58   #44
BHPian

good buy

Congrats for UVA. Its a good package.

I opted to Cashmere LT with ABS and Airbag. It has chevy alloys with 185 profile Goodyear Eagle NCT 5.

The FE has been good in the range of 12 to 13 on an average.

In all I find this UVA to be a good package.

Have you observed the tendency of AC compresor cutoff when you accelerate suddenly and RPM crosses 2000. This gives you good power to overcome the slugishness.
Old 22nd September 2008, 14:24   #45
BHPian

K&n

Just installed a K&N SRF on my U-VA. Will post some feedback in a couple of days!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks