Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2007, 19:13   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

By the way, do you believe Autocar figures?

20 - 80 kmph:
City Vtec: 8.25 sec
Civic MT: 12.23 sec

40 - 100 kmph
City Vtec: 10.95 sec
Civic MT: 16.37 sec

Is City Vtec faster than Civic MT ??????
Old 4th September 2007, 19:15   #62
Senior - BHPian

Obviously messed up . Take all autocar figures with a pinch of salt. The only thing thats partially reliable is the 0-100 and nothing else.
Old 4th September 2007, 19:33   #63
BANNED

Hey, thats cool ! Congrats !!
Post your experience and tell us whether it meets your expectation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsNsqueals View Post
Yes I booked the NHC Gxi yesterday from Arya Honda and accessorising it with leather seats, fog lights and woody finish etc. I will get it by 15th Sept, Ganesh Chaturthi day
Old 4th September 2007, 20:09   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need to deplaoy a bad driver to drive the NHC if you want an esteem to beat it.
I have driven Esteem, City rigoursly.

The Esteem is faster. The NHC has more torque, for City driving the NHC is a breeze but when it comes to overtaking mainly on highways you are out of power. The biggest plus of the Esteem is its gearing is fantastic for the highway. When your cruising at 80kmph in 5th gear and you need instant power, just downshift to third and there is ample power, since the car reaches 160kmph in 3rd, 100 iin 2nd, 60 in 1st.

Oh ya i owned the NHC GXi, i found it to be underpowered, cars like Optra, Baleno, Accent CRDi, OHCs would eat it up at the start of a signal even though i was redlining, needless to say i sold it in less then 10 months and i never got more then 10kmpl, redlining to be blamed for that, braking was ppoor of the NHC, even the Vtec braking is bad. The interiors of the NHC were excellent at that time, the steering was a breeze at City speeds and the car looked quite good(at that time)

Now at the price of a Vtec NHC you can get a Cedia or for a GXi a SX4 Zxi, both of which feel much more VFM then the Honda.

Quote:
The smooth engine and gear box of NHC VTEC is quite a dampner to somebody who expects the car to make all sorts of grunt & growl to hit three digit speeds.
The NHC Vtec is fast agreed but it lacks character, it does make a racket at RPMs more then 4000 so you cant say it doesnot grunt and growl, the handling is no great nor is the staibility so its better if we dont

Some cars will eat the NHC, cars like OHC, Swift D, Verna D, Octy D, Accent D, Esteem, Baleno, Palio 1.6, SX4, Indigo Grand Petrol. Ya but a NHC will beat the Alto, 800, Indica, Getz 1.1, Palio 1.1 Stile, Indigo, Zen Estilo, WagonR and yeah even the Reva
Old 4th September 2007, 20:14   #65
BANNED

Hey man, you missed one: Cycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Some cars will eat the NHC, cars like OHC, Swift D, Verna D, Octy D, Accent D, Esteem, Baleno, Palio 1.6, SX4, Indigo Grand Petrol. Ya but a NHC will beat the Alto, 800, Indica, Getz 1.1, Palio 1.1 Stile, Indigo, Zen Estilo, WagonR and yeah even the Reva
By your description, I guess you ended up with a lemon

Last edited by diabloo : 4th September 2007 at 20:15.
Old 4th September 2007, 20:22   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey man, you missed one: Cycle

By your description, I guess you ended up with a lemon
It was not a Lemon, infact i was in no position to sell the car when one dude saw it and feel in love, he said i am taking this car, i want it. Mine was sebring silver with alloys and a nice polish from the Honda dealership, got a very good deal, sold it for a awesome price. Infact the buyer didnot even test drive it, just saw it and feel in love

It(NHC) could always keep up with other NHC's so should not be a lemon.

BTW which car do you drive?
Old 4th September 2007, 20:24   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That was really
Old 4th September 2007, 20:25   #68
BANNED

Not yet. I am planning to buy either Esteem or NHC.
Quote:
BTW which car do you drive?
Old 4th September 2007, 20:35   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not yet. I am planning to buy either Esteem or NHC.
What are you waiting for get the NHC asap, the NHC is much better then the Esteem by miles though the performance aint as good as the Esteem, driveability of the NHC is much better, low end torque is better then the Esteem and the comfort of the NHC is ages ahead.

How can you compare a NHC with a Esteem when it comes to which car is better overall.
Old 4th September 2007, 20:41   #70
BHPian

When I decided to buy a car, I looked at various cars available at that time (Jan 2005). I have chosen NHC on the below parameters.

1) Interiors
2) Comfort
3) Quality
4) Fuel Efficiency

I never bothered about power as I commute mostly in within the city and NHC is the best car desined for city drive. I sincerely think that the above mentioned parameters helped NHC to have good place in the C segment. Otherwise it should have bad numbers like Baleno when it launched with higher price.
Old 4th September 2007, 20:43   #71
Senior - BHPian

Well its simple... NHC, especially the iDSi is a car not meant for the enthusiast but rather someone who wants a daily driver thats economical to run. End of story.
Old 4th September 2007, 20:50   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Well its simple... NHC, especially the iDSi is a car not meant for the enthusiast but rather someone who wants a daily driver thats economical to run. End of story.
Perfect. Nothing more than this.
Old 4th September 2007, 20:58   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Oh ya i owned the NHC GXi, i found it to be underpowered, cars like Optra, Baleno, Accent CRDi, OHCs would eat it up at the start of a signal even though i was redlining

Similar thing I am hearing about Civic amoungst the D segment cars like Skoda 1.8 TPIs....Civic can not keep up with them while taking off.

Any thoughts ?
Old 4th September 2007, 21:21   #74
Senior - BHPian

OT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
NHC is quite decent car to drive. Only issue is that its quite difficult to make it go beyond 140.
Quote:
Corrected: L15A1 VTEC in for D15 VTEC LEV.
Nope, I don't work for Honda. In fact nobody in Honda knows that I am there :(
Thanks for pointing out.
How did the person who posted change,I clearly remember seeing msdivy posting the one I have quoted below.
Old 4th September 2007, 21:41   #75
BHPian

I agree with the fact that NHC is underpowered. I looked at various options in the range and below it too. I TDed Cedia, Fiesta and Verna apart from NHC. I liked Cedia the most but the price didn't work out for me. Final choice was between Verna xxi and NHC and I chose NHC for similar reasons as Raju's. I am sure long drives, which I go often with my friends or family, would be very comfortable for me and my passengers in the NHC. I can compromise on 0-100 burst a bit. After all its a question of a few seconds. Otherwise I drive in city where it won't make any difference.

@msdivy - I checked with Honda dealers and friends too, but nobody could confirm for sure about the launch date of the new ABS model of NHC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks