Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2007, 09:26   #1
BHPian

AVEO 1.4 delivered

Hi All,
yesterday 31st august i brought the black beauty to my parking area.
AVEO1.4.

Colour: BLACK
KMS RUN: 60

Went for a short drive in mysore bangalore highway. Really liked the interiors. one friend of mine who was seating behind was absolutely impressed by the seating comfort.

1) I somewhat felt the braking system was not upto the mark, today i will check the same with dealer.
2) Dealer was supposed to fit the alloy wheels and give it to me, but to my disappointment, he said he is running out of stock so he will fix it up on tuesday.
3) Gear shift: i didnt had any issues with this, initially i didnt knew how to put the reverse, but again a quick call to the sales guy resolved the problem.
4) Never ever take the delivery in the evening, as sales guy will be in hurry to rap it up, mine got delayed because there were 5 cars which were getting delivered. Dealer said he sold 17 cars this august.
5) A/C: No issues at all, i had to switch it off at regular intervals as it was becoming too cold inside.
6) Power: I didnt find much issue with this, but again i didnt pushed it hard. kept the speed to 50 to 60 km/hr.
7) Cabin noise: This is something bothering me right now, in 1 and 2nd gear cabin noise is much more, once i shift to 3rd and above , cabin noise become next to nill. Guys please help me with this.
8) Music system: As i wanted to fit my own music system, i dont have any as of now in the car .
9) FE: Do i bother? well i have not checked it, but will keep you posted, let me tell you i am very bad on this, even in my bike also i have never checked whats the fuel efficiency, so the same thing for car also, but atleast i will try to find out the car FE.
10) My mother got the shock of her life when i told i brought the car and how much the price was, she has never heard of AVEO also . She is used to hyundai santro of my dad.

11) Please tell me how to upload the photos, i tried flickr url, but its not working.
Old 1st September 2007, 10:56   #2
BHPian

Congratz Dude!
Check out the FAQ section for picture posting instructions.
Old 1st September 2007, 15:12   #3
BHPian

Hello! Congrats on your new Black Aveo! Nice surprise scene. Introducing the car to your mom where she hadn't even heard of it would be quite surprising.

Have an enjoyable time in your new ride!

The instructions to upload and post pictures is posted here

cya
A
Old 1st September 2007, 15:31   #4
BHPian

Aveo 1.4

i will post some more pics.
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations the car looks awesome i must say. Intense black suits Aveo and Optra alot.

What was the OTR price?
Old 3rd September 2007, 21:43   #6
BHPian

OTR was 6 lakhs 82 thousand 271 rupees.

i got first year insurance , so 17 K got knocked off. I will also fit the alloy wheels by this thursday by the dealer, actually he should have fitted it but he didnt had it in the stock.
Old 12th September 2007, 21:04   #7
BHPian

Some few more pics of my car

[img=http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4770/picture006hs3.jpg]

Old 13th September 2007, 08:52   #8
BHPian

Pictures are nice..! Congrats..! How much is the On-Road price in Bangalore? Also share the FE and comforts....!
Old 13th September 2007, 12:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

It is my opinion that Aveo in all colours (except that orange one) looks the best car amongst its segment, and perhaps among the top 5 lookers in India.
Old 13th September 2007, 12:05   #10
BHPian

Congrats! Car looks hot in black.
Old 14th September 2007, 14:49   #11
BHPian

1) OTR : 682271, 17K insurance was given by the dealer.
2) Dealer Throughaway: Insurance, DVD Player of sony, 4 speakers, rear ones of 270 wats, one chrome set.
3) FE: i have not calculated correctly but now its giving something around 9 to 10 kmpl.
4) Comfort: Really good, its very spacious. I love my car interiors. i have selected a seat covers which is of same colour as of the dashboard. Inside it looks luxrious. Suspensions are good, i have been used to santro and everytime it goes over the pothole, your heart beat will stop. Not in case of AVEO.
5) Engine: Really silent, the only issue which i feel is, 1 to 3 rd gear the car feel bit sluggish, as if it cant pull, once its in 4 and 5th its a different story all together, in 4 and 5th gear u will never realize you are running at 80 to 90 speeds. ONe of my friend who was driving sudenl realized that he is 70 speed, he just couldnt believe it, car was so silent and stable.
Old 17th September 2007, 02:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

congrats bro! the car is a looker i admit, especially in black. keep us posted on the FE!
Old 17th September 2007, 10:52   #13
BHPian

A really hot aveo and a nice choice of color.....I too love the interior space and the ergonomics of the aveo.....As mentioned in the previous posts it is certainly one of the best looking cars.....I once had this experience on the NH4 on the way back to bangalore me and my team (from office on a visit to karwar n goa last month) in a Tavera and travelling at 120 and this aveo appeared from nowhere and in exactly 2 minutes it was gone.....I couldnt believe my eyes......The aveo was ripping effortlessly atleast more than 160 iguess......No body swaying when the aveo overtook us.....A Stable car.....
Old 17th September 2007, 17:01   #14
BHPian

congrats maddy on your new puchase, even I had a look at aveo before my purchase and yep the interiors are really something to watch out for,

please could you clarify the FE, i bit more precise would really help a lot , i mean city FE and highway FE differentiated a bit

would be of great help

thx.. and congrats once again and yeah black is the hottest colour no doubt
Old 17th September 2007, 17:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude! car looks neat. now you hav a black car, it will ensure that you will be busy on weekends(Cleaning, Polishing)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks