Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2007, 09:17   #61
Senior - BHPian

The forum members have been waiting for the 2.2 so long that now it has become a "Speculation Club" . Someone says something, it is taken up by ten other people, the xth guy puts some more mirch masala/spin and before long you have all sorts of stories floating around.

I believe we need to be more patient.Though trivia is good lets us not get too carried away.
Old 13th October 2007, 09:33   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
I believe we need to be more patient.Though trivia is good lets us not get too carried away.
Yeah, like about a year from release date as theMAG pointed out.
Old 13th October 2007, 09:52   #63
Senior - BHPian

with you, guess the 2.2l is just not roadworthy yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The real mystery is around the reluctantance of Tata dealers all around the country to actually make a sale or give a delivery date. I can't remember the last time this happened. I am not buying the RTO story, TATA has been making truck/buses/cars for long enough to know how to prep the RTOs for a new car release.

When was the last time we heard so many new TD vehicles all around the country having serious problems?
Old 13th October 2007, 10:04   #64
BHPian

Does anyone what time and when are the NDTV Profit, Car and Bike show are going to air the 2.2 Tata Safari review and detailed test drive, saw the ad few days back saying nxt epsiode will be the test drive of all new tata safari 2.2 ltr dicor
Old 13th October 2007, 10:33   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
YouTube - Tatateam trial 1=

YouTube - Tatateam trial 2

see this video to know the offroad capablity of the safari.

YouTube - Tatateam en una tralera=
hey ,
Nice link!!! did u hear the sweaking noise during axle bending sesssions?? TATA has to really pull up the scocks as far as quality of the product is concerned. TATA , only nice ads will not do, your product has to live up to it. I love the way safari looks, probabaly the best looking 4x4 in the world, but quality is what it matters!!!!
Old 13th October 2007, 12:19   #66
BHPian

I was invited at Hyatt at Mumbai , yesterday for the launch event through the dealer (fortpoint) I didnt attend it. I had asked him to give me quotation and proforma invoice, but he said he will give today. I told him, if he cant give concrete info on prices and delivery today, this case will be closed as I am not so impressed by this 2.2 and scorpio still is an option. I too had test driven it on 5th October around 30 kms on open roads and lil bad patch too. Not too impressed perhaps the high expectations took the toll and the enthusiasm after TD was very low and also the lack of options ( in EX for ABS & EBD).
Old 13th October 2007, 12:52   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The real mystery is around the reluctantance of Tata dealers all around the country to actually make a sale or give a delivery date. I can't remember the last time this happened. I am not buying the RTO story, TATA has been making truck/buses/cars for long enough to know how to prep the RTOs for a new car release.
Can understand your situation!

However, its kind of strange that another car launched same period is having similar fate. The Getz CRDi. Everything seems confusing, with dealers saying 3 cars only per month, no TD vehicles, delivery after 4 months etc.

Something to do with premature launches? As both these companies know the Indian Market very well!
Old 13th October 2007, 13:06   #68
Senior - BHPian

Ok, i just called the dealer for a test drive(some one who didnot know me at the dealership picked up) and i said i wanted a test drive of the Safari VX 4x4 only, she said hold and then spoke to someone and said the VX is not available, further she told me it had met with a accident and is lying in the workshop, which is so untrue since i had gone inside the workshop and the car was in perfect condition(body wise) with no visible damage at all. I am sure there is some electronic glitch, the car had magnetic cloth on each side of the hood, something which is put when work is going on inside the hood.

I am sure, dead sure at that, there is something wrong with the new Safari.
Old 13th October 2007, 15:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

Today 9:30 PM , Friday 6:30 PM and shown couple of times during the week too, but not sure of the timings, check Sunday 2:30 PM too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Does anyone what time and when are the NDTV Profit, Car and Bike show are going to air the 2.2 Tata Safari review and detailed test drive, saw the ad few days back saying nxt epsiode will be the test drive of all new tata safari 2.2 ltr dicor
Old 13th October 2007, 15:50   #70
Senior - BHPian

ok...got a confirmation in Pune that they have started delivering the vehicles.I saw a spanking new silver 2.2 ready for delivery @ BUBhandari/ Even their TD vehicles have got the new registration marks mh14 bcXXXX
Old 13th October 2007, 17:57   #71
BHPian

Just got confirmation!!! Delivery on coming Tuesday (16/10)!!!

t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
ok...got a confirmation in Pune that they have started delivering the vehicles.I saw a spanking new silver 2.2 ready for delivery @ BUBhandari/ Even their TD vehicles have got the new registration marks mh14 bcXXXX
Old 13th October 2007, 18:32   #72
Senior - BHPian

Today had been to Prerana motors lalbhag road, checked Ex Deisel 4X2 safari.

I specifically asked for VX top end model they directed me to Ex model saying its top end, After I asked where is VX version they said its gone for test drive. May be they don't have VX which is in working condition.

Except for fit and finish everything seems fine.

Jump seats areof no use. Its good 5 seator vehicle. I felt quality is improved a lot compared with 3.0 decor.

Well done TATA by launching 2.2 with few tuning, I too feel in 1 year downtheline 2008 manufactured Safari will be matured one, Thats when I would like to this beast.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 13th October 2007 at 18:36.
Old 13th October 2007, 19:24   #73
Senior - BHPian

Gr8, Dont forget to take pictures and start your LTO report. We all look forward to it.

Dont worry, we will still check your blogs too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post
Just got confirmation!!! Delivery on coming Tuesday (16/10)!!!

t
Old 13th October 2007, 19:52   #74
Senior - BHPian

2008 the Safari 2.2 would be mature when Tata will call it off to get the X1 and then another year of wait for the X1 to mature.

People say MUL cars have waiting of 6 months, Tata cars force you to wait a year
Old 13th October 2007, 20:05   #75
BHPian

Sounds almost like you are talking about Wine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
2008 the Safari 2.2 would be mature when Tata will call it off to get the X1 and then another year of wait for the X1 to mature.

People say MUL cars have waiting of 6 months, Tata cars force you to wait a year

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks