imagine trying to improve the aerodynamics of a mark II or III amby
Not forgetting the 1100Ds & the Padminis as well
Old 5th November 2007, 16:14   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hi
there is this thing bothering me.
There is a small flap on the right wash wiper. Its there on every safari and as far as i remember has been there always on all safaris

What is that for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Not too sure but i think aerodyanmics. The windscreen unlike cars, is pretty straight and at high speeds the wiper blade might come up due to wind resistance.
If improving aerodynamics were the reason, it would have existed on both the wipers. I once asked a Tata showroom guy about that contraption and quite expectedly, he had no answer.
Old 5th November 2007, 17:26   #393
Senior - BHPian

Bargain my friend bargain, the dealers are willing to give accessories from their own, only if you can bargain hard and make them compete with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Friends..............TATA is "not offerring any discounts" either this Diwali OR coming christmas. This is what all the dealers in B'lore had to say.

Hope some good things rein into these guys to offer goodies to the consumers. The 2.2 launch looks like it is hyped...not much cars getting registered though.

Sorry to say....I still would want to own a safari for whatever screwup's it has. As Anupmathur rightly said that it is "brainwash from early childhood"
Old 5th November 2007, 17:33   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
If improving aerodynamics were the reason, it would have existed on both the wipers. I once asked a Tata showroom guy about that contraption and quite expectedly, he had no answer.
If you notice the right hand side wiper i.e. the driver side wiper is a little bigger in size and also placed much higher than the LHS wiper and I am sure comes 'in' the flow of air around the windscreen.
Old 6th November 2007, 19:17   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faisalmagnet View Post
Why Tata Safari Immedialtely change its engine 3.0 Ltr to 2.2 dicor?any idea?
Immediately??? Check the time of posting of:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post245459
The above thread has the honour of being one of longest here.
Old 6th November 2007, 19:45   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Boss, I guess you just entered a one liner, without knowing what it is. 3.0 to 2.2 is most talked about launch and people have been waiting for it for almost one year.
Old 6th November 2007, 19:59   #397
BHPian

Quote:
To increase the sales of Scorpio
Old 6th November 2007, 20:10   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
In my car the LHS wiper only has the device...and its an LHD. Like you said, its the prevent lift at high speeds.
Old 6th November 2007, 21:25   #399
BHPian

Any Ideas On Delivary??

i have booke the beast on the 18th OCT 2007, from shaman mumbai, was promised delivary in 5 days but even after 20 days im still waiting.

the simple answer im getting is that TATA has no cars ready for delivary!!!

anyone facin such a problem anywhere?

please help as to what to do???

need the car quite desparately, im getting married at the end of the month, still left without a car.
Old 7th November 2007, 08:42   #400
Team-BHP Support

i guess shaman was the wrong place to book from.
Old 7th November 2007, 09:13   #401
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by obaidhakim View Post
i have booke the beast on the 18th OCT 2007, from shaman mumbai, was promised delivary in 5 days but even after 20 days im still waiting.

Contact the TATA Motors regional manager over there, put up the dealer's lackadasial attitude - they should be getting quite some stick. In fact you should have contacted the office earlier, may be after 7 days when in the back of the mind you knew they delaying unnecessarily. If possible, cancel the booking over there and go to some other dealer.

"No cars for delivery" is totally useless talk. My concern now, though remote, is that the cars are there, may be the cars got damaged while in transport and being repaired, but again these are wild ideas.

And if you eventually go through them, make sure that you follow their PDI closely.

Do let us know when you get the 2.2
Old 7th November 2007, 10:38   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which model, colour, and (4X4 or 4X2) have you booked?
Old 7th November 2007, 11:20   #403
BHPian

Quote:

need the car quite desparately, im getting married at the end of the month, still left without a car.
Try and ask for your money back, see what the dealer has to say. I had booked an LX dealer said the company sent an EX instead. Gave me an option of the EX or a Black/Cycus Grey LX He was more than happy to refund the entire money but I decided not too wait any further and took the EX.
Old 7th November 2007, 13:27   #404
Senior - BHPian

hey ABC, saw your pic gallery, and looks good, just one question, does the body colored RVM OEM or you had to pay extra for it.

Can we have some more pics, I getting an inclination towards LX Cycus Grey.

So more pics please, with interiors.

Also you have been traveling to such a beautiful places, why not some pics from those places

Last edited by rkbharat : 7th November 2007 at 13:44.
Old 7th November 2007, 14:05   #405
BHPian

My Safari 2.2 VX 4 x 4 - Black

I am a proud owner of the beast, finally. I got my Black beast VX 4 x 4 last week. Getting the beast has been quite a roller coaster ride.

First I had booked a Passion Red VX 4 x 4 with Dhingra Motors. After waiting for 20 days I never got any feedback/update from the dealers. I was calling them everyday. Finally I sent a stinker to TATA MOTORS via email. Within 12 hrs I got a call from the company. I was told that the production for Passion Red will start only after 7th of Nov. I told them that I had no intention of waiting sooo long. Hence, told them to cancel my booking. He told me to give them half a day more before cancelling the booking. He asked me if I had a second choice of colour. I did not have to think too long. I always wanted Black, but was going for Passion Red as it was my wifes choice. By evening that day I get a call from the guy at TM saying there is a black VX 4 x 4 available in Delhi(Sanya Automobiles). I said OK to it because I did not want to wait any longer. The next day I got the refund cheque from Dhingra's (thanks to The guy at TM). I went and checked the car and gave them the final go-ahead and down payment. I got delivery on 28th Oct (Sunday).

All I can say that Dhingra Motors is the pits. They have total monopoly in Gurgaon. 90%+ sales comes from the commercial segment (taxi) and are only capable of handling taxi drivers. Which is why the quality of service is the pits. The guys at Sanya Motors were much better. This is the first time I have bought a TATA car and I do not know if I will ever consider them again.

Coming to the beast, it is absolutely awesome. Great pick-up, great handling, impressive breaking, drawing room sofa comfort ride, chilling AC. Quality of finish I do not think I need to say anything. Enough has been said. At high speed I felt in total control and secured. It touches 140 effortlessly.

I have already done 1400 KM. I did a trip to Haridwar this weekend. Could not push the beast for to long at a streatch as the road is narrow with tooo much traffic.

Now I know why the beast has such a loyal fan following.

Gotto rush for a meeting. More later.

Note from mod: Do not use more than 2 smileys per post. Please read the announcements and rules section before posting

Last edited by tsk1979 : 7th November 2007 at 15:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks