Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2004, 01:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

HAHA, with the pics that GTO posted, i can't help laughing at Skoda's stupidity of calling the same looking cars by different names. There's no way i'd pay 27L for the Superb, I'd even go to the extent of saying that I'd rather buy two Octavias rather than one Superb. I'd hate to be a Skoda salesperson and trying to justify the price difference between the Octavia and the Superb to an average buyer. BTW, in the Superb pics, i noticed that there's a button on each side of the gear stick. Whats that all abt, Dippy? Automatics just have one on the driver side!!
Old 6th January 2005, 00:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

those are not alloys in the picture.those are just wheel caps.u people talk skoda.did u know what skoda was before VW bought them.they used to make these nonsense cars old generations .i'll tell u the name.have u heard Skoda Felicia.they used to make it upto late 90's.most Skoda cars are good now because they are 80% VW which makes excellent cars.U tell Skoda not even BMW and AUDI can outsell MB in India.The * counts.Dont forget what make the marque so prestigeous.cant u see everyone wants a merc even if people see them as taxis in more upscal places.Skoda can never sell anything above 18-20L.its eays to build gr8 bodies.
Old 6th January 2005, 08:56   #33
Team-BHP Support

It would make a great hotel taxi with the leg space under the EPCG scheme. With the introduction of the new Passat (the superb is based on the Chinese version of the Passat), it is rather outdated now
Old 6th January 2005, 16:41   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

hey ajmat you have a point ..
when i was at my dads friends house and we were discusing cars he too said that he would rather get a c then a superb nyday anytime ..
my friend has a superb and its quite impressive ..
a secondhand one will be worth the prices .
anyoe have the second hand prices .
Old 6th January 2005, 19:32   #35
Team-BHP Support

The superb is a politically motivated model as the Czech government wanted a national limo. No sold very well in the UK, you can buy a dealer reg 2.8 for around 8 lakhs (12000 pounds). A lot of them are used as taxis, well engineered, reliable, comfortable and lots of room

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks