Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2004, 23:14   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Great review guys...my friend just got his silver RS this week and he is enjoying each minute of it....the turbo kicks in at around 3000rpm and he claims he gets at .....(sorry not allowed to use that word) at that point * .Unlikely i am not in bombay but once i am back in december i am sure there will be alot of accord vs RS road rage waiting for me *

Old 15th January 2005, 12:36   #47
Team-BHP Support

anyone done 1/4 mile tests with the RS?
Old 15th January 2005, 12:41   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
anyone done 1/4 mile tests with the RS?
Not too far away, Navin. I expect to see a lot of RS' at the SpeedRun 2005.

GTO
Old 15th January 2005, 13:04   #49
Team-BHP Support

Well, there was one at the Bangalore speedrun. However, I don't know the dude's name, so i wouldn't know what his time was!

However, with the multiplication factored in for turbo cars (1.7), the RS would be up agaist the big boys in the Open class.
Old 15th January 2005, 13:13   #50
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

However, with the multiplication factored in for turbo cars (1.7), the RS would be up agaist the big boys in the Open class.
Ouch, didnt think of that. That means it will be pitted against the 3000cc? Open?

GTO
Old 15th January 2005, 13:15   #51
Team-BHP Support

For Indian cars, the highest it goes is 2001cc & above. So the RS can run in that class as well as the open.

RS vs Accord vs Mondeo vs Camry? I'd pay to watch that!
Old 15th January 2005, 21:52   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
However, with the multiplication factored in for turbo cars (1.7),
hey, is the turbo multiplication factor 1.7 like the earlier years, or has it been changed to 1.4 like some1 on the site had mentioned....?

R
Old 22nd January 2005, 15:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy

Hey I was just reading through the old posts on this thread and I noticed these pics. Doesn't the RS come with foglamps? This seems like an omission on the part of Skoda!

- John
Old 22nd January 2005, 15:58   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I believe the fogs are intergrated into the headlamp assembly.

GTO
Old 23rd January 2005, 02:56   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I believe the fogs are intergrated into the headlamp assembly.

GTO
I believe so, and that is the german (and i guess czech as well) way to do it!

None of those sissy little 17watt foglamps that serve little purpose other than cosmetic value.

Isnt it ironic how "fog lights" have become a must have for the mumbai's car buyers!! (hill station vacationers aside)

cya
R
Old 23rd January 2005, 13:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Isnt it ironic how "fog lights" have become a must have for the mumbai's car buyers!! (hill station vacationers aside)

cya
R
Truly.Its like the "in-thing" now for all the buyer.And even the sun-roof craze is fast catching up.Moreover so after Optra hyped it with their advertisements.

X
Old 16th May 2005, 08:10   #57
BHPian

What's the model of the Alpine deck in the RS???? Any of you guys that drove the RS pick up on that by any chance???
Old 16th May 2005, 09:31   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Since CaliAtenza brought this thread up again.... I thought I might as well as a query i have had since sometimes....I really like the silencer design of the RS that oval shape adds alot of sportiness to the car...could any RS owners just check for me is that is an exshaust tip attached on to the silencer or it the entire unit one piece? (If u just bend under it u will be able to identify if its an extra attachment or not) I think its a exhaust tip as the shape is pretty much like one and will be bolted on by two screws. And if it is a tip then i wanna get it fitted on my car,if anyone can let me know how much it cost at the skoda showroom would be gr8. Thnx
Old 16th May 2005, 12:37   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Since CaliAtenza brought this thread up again.... I thought I might as well as a query i have had since sometimes....I really like the silencer design of the RS that oval shape adds alot of sportiness to the car...could any RS owners just check for me is that is an exshaust tip attached on to the silencer or it the entire unit one piece? (If u just bend under it u will be able to identify if its an extra attachment or not) I think its a exhaust tip as the shape is pretty much like one and will be bolted on by two screws. And if it is a tip then i wanna get it fitted on my car,if anyone can let me know how much it cost at the skoda showroom would be gr8. Thnx
Im not in india..but i think, from what ive seen on other european cars, that its a compelete muffler. Cause ive seen GReddy's exhaust series for european cars..and it looks exactly like the octy's exhaust. Thats a purely european design. Im betting the muffler is big and heavy too..:(, well the stock one at least. But i have seen tips like that as well, so check with a fabricator, maybe they can wip somethin up. It would have been sick if the Octy had come with a dual exhaust setup, but for turbo cars...a single is more efficent. Im dying to get my hands on this car when i get to india (to test drive and possibly buy...in red ).
Old 16th May 2005, 18:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza
Im dying to get my hands on this car when i get to india (to test drive and possibly buy...in red ).
Just go and test drive a VW Jetta 1.8T. The car is identical except for the front and rear body panels. Even the interior is identical.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks