Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2005, 14:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

nice review man.

if previously FIAT couldn't have made mess this car would have done some serious damage to other cars
Old 2nd May 2005, 13:14   #17
BHPian

Nice review there...finally I can post here.....Hurray!
I always have loved the Fiat cars especially the Palio and it was one of my top contenders when buying a car..but more on my decision in another thread.....!
Old 3rd May 2005, 12:44   #18
BHPian

Palio 1.2

I own a royal Gold colored Old palio.
It is pick up is bad because of its wieght and FIAT should have only put 1.6L engines and not 1.2L. Good ride and drive qualities, cornering. A pillars are a pain, especially in the night when yout take the right turns. I have to unwind my right window mirror everytime i need to take a right. After buying the Fusion=, i somehow miss out the pick up speeds in palio.
Have put on 6000Kms and am planning to sell it off. Anybodt wants it?
Old 3rd May 2005, 12:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
It is pick up is bad because of its wieght and FIAT should have only put 1.6L engines and not 1.2L. Good ride and drive qualities, cornering. A pillars are a pain, especially in the night when yout take the right turns. I have to unwind my right window mirror everytime i need to take a right.
Agreed, pick up is pretty bad; especially with the AC on. As you said, it is fun to dart around the corners. The vehicle handles pretty good. I am talking of NV here. I believe NV has a harder suspension as compared to OV which had a softer suspension. Yes, A Pillar is a big big pain. After the incident I had mentioned some days back, I have become extra careful while taking right turns. I wouldn't mind people honking behind me, will take my own time to make sure things are clear before taking the right turn. Once bitten, twice shy.
Old 3rd May 2005, 14:42   #20
BHPian

only occasionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
Agreed, pick up is pretty bad; right turn. Once bitten, twice shy.
it is a good car. i trust my life with it.
It is just that I no longer drive it. only occasionally.
wish somebody could exchange the 1.6GTX with it for me
Old 3rd May 2005, 16:48   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

the palio is brilliant car but the 72 bhp engine feels too dumb to impress,even a santro feels peppy after driving a palio nv,the the controls are too heavy but the car really impresses with its ride,handling,build,looks......................... .....the list is really endless for the price it is offered at.

Last edited by .anshuman : 3rd May 2005 at 16:49. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 3rd May 2005, 16:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
the palio is brilliant car but the 72 bhp engine feels too dumb to impress,even a santro feels peppy after driving a palio nv,the the controls are too heavy but the car really impresses with its ride,handling,build,looks......................... .....the list is really endless for the price it is offered at.
Yes. The car rides and handles like no other in its price bracket. Getz and Fusion might do that better than Palio, but what Palio can offer the customer at its price is unbeatable. The only sad part is that Palio also offers these dealers and service(?) options at this price :-).

About two months back, I had been on a trip from Bangalore to Nagarahole forest reserves. The drive and handling of the car was extremely fabulous. I took all those sharp turns at around 70-80, but the car wouldn't budge from its lane. The tyres did scream on a couple of occasions, but with a little wider tires, things can be very different. I had taken my Palio on something which I hesitate to call road, but still the car wouldn't budge. I have always tried to rip the car off within my and its limitations, but till now, it has held its forte pretty well. I love this piece of machine, but I think it should have had a little more power and a little more low end grunt. It definitely would have been great.
deepakhon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks