Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2007, 14:18   #31

Hi,

I have heard that GM is now allowing you to customize your Optra Magnum. Which means you can add on some features if you want , would be good to check with the showroom.

I haven't heard about any shortage of spares for optra magnum , anybody has this experience ?

Regards,
Dilip
Old 5th November 2007, 18:57   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I think it's a fantastic looker and going by what you have posted should well match its looks with performance in the long run.
Just an observation arunK -- don't get me wrong -- you mentioned about ABS and airbags - just checked the GM site and found the difference between the LS and LT to be around a lac (with leather upholstery and a better music system thrown in). May have been worth a second thought?
I am ruing the fact that my car doesn't have these safety features despite costing 8.5 L on road.
yes frieind i am now having second thoughts about my decision not to go for LT. I already have had stanley leather on seats, and the music system is not that good. But the fact that tilited me in favour of LS is that i didnt want an auto loan at all, I paid upfront.
Old 6th November 2007, 00:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

The ABS and Airbags alone drove me towards the LT. Trust me guys, the ABS is necessary. AFIK, it has already joined my party 5 times.

This is one car that grows on you. I for one like the part where the dials read 160 kays @ 4500RPM in 4th.
Old 22nd November 2007, 18:12   #34

hi guys...what colour suits the magnum the most? what is the ideal rpm for max. FE on the magnum? also, what accessories requie for magnum LT?
Old 27th November 2007, 22:37   #35

hi guys...what colour suits the magnum the most? what is the ideal rpm for max. FE on the magnum? also, what accessories requie for magnum LT?

In my opinion Black is the best color on the magnum , followed by Icy blue and Platinum metallic.

FE : I get 12 km in city and 17 on the highway ( last trip of 370 km to Kerala )

Accessories for LT : LT is a fully loaded version , only things you can add are sun film ( Lumar or 3M ) , rear Spolier ( comes in Platinum version of old optra ) , upgrade of speakers from Alpine , maybe a sunroof :-)

I am planning just the sun film for my Optra LT !!
Old 20th March 2008, 09:01   #36

Magnum FE

Hi guys!

Am one among those who did a deep study, going through 100's of posts on Optra Magnum deisel on team-bhp.com before buying the same.

Most of the members have quoted to be getting 14-18 kmpl FE.

I regularly test my FE but has always between 10-11 kmpl (even after 7000 kms).

Is it something wrong with my Magnum or is the FE the same as you guys are getting?
Old 20th March 2008, 20:35   #37
BHPian

hey ravi dont worry i get 10 to 11 kpl mixed driving in city its 9 to 10 on highway its 10 to 11 kpl my car has run 7000 kms now and i just love it since its diesel 10 kpl is fine for me i just love the power and comfort
check out my magnum pics in my garage to the left
Old 20th March 2008, 22:52   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
hey ravi dont worry i get 10 to 11 kpl mixed driving in city its 9 to 10 on highway its 10 to 11 kpl my car has run 7000 kms now and i just love it since its diesel 10 kpl is fine for me i just love the power and comfort
check out my magnum pics in my garage to the left
Well! Yeah, thanks for the assurance. But I had read about(in team-bhp posts) people getting 14-15 kmpl.

Maybe they've been hired by the Chevy guys!
Old 21st March 2008, 11:18   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimittal View Post
Well! Yeah, thanks for the assurance. But I had read about(in team-bhp posts) people getting 14-15 kmpl.

. The max I've seen is 12.xx. But, only once!
Old 21st March 2008, 21:11   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimittal View Post

I get around 11KMPL on my magnum...
Old 21st March 2008, 21:33   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilip_kum View Post

In my opinion Black is the best color on the magnum , followed by Icy blue and Platinum metallic.

FE : I get 12 km in city and 17 on the highway ( last trip of 370 km to Kerala )

Accessories for LT : LT is a fully loaded version , only things you can add are sun film ( Lumar or 3M ) , rear Spolier ( comes in Platinum version of old optra ) , upgrade of speakers from Alpine , maybe a sunroof :-)

I am planning just the sun film for my Optra LT !!
I found the blazing diamond to be the best(3 coat colour available only in the top end LT version)maybe because i have never owned a car of that colour before
only the stock player is alpine the stock speakers are some cheap brand with GM mark on them
already changed speakers to jbl and added a amp and woofer,also installed lcd rvm with reverse cam and sun film now thinking of adding a motorized sunroof and rear spoiler soon
what do u guys say about changing the stock alloys to chrome
Old 9th April 2008, 16:01   #42

Hi Guys

New to the forum, bought a Black LT 3 weeks back. Had a major problem. The Oil sump scrapped a speed breaker and lost a piece of it. Ha d an oil leak and had to nurse it back from Hassan. Constantly checking oil levels and topping up. On checking underneath found a major design flaw. The oil sump is lower and behind the engine guard by almost an inch. Best part was yesterday at Vijai motors, when I went in for repairs, found another magnum with the front portion of the sump scrapped.
When I wrote to GM, they blandly told me 'thank you for the info but we will not be able to compensate.' The lady was clueless about or purposedly silent about the flaw. Has any of you Magnum owners faced this problem. The setback is 10k. By the way the new lots have Apollo acceleres with H speed rating.
Old 9th April 2008, 17:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Just read the first post. I can't believe the thread creator replaced an alpine with a sony.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks