Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2008, 11:10   #16

Hey I am also having indica turbo DLG 2006 which has already done 22,000 Kms. I am getting a mileage of around 15Km in bangalore which I suppose is good. Was just curious about upgrading my tyres as it came with 165/60-14" tyre. I am thiking to change it to 195- 14" tyre. Can anyone suggest me whether this is advisable or not and what effect will it have on the fuel economy. Also shall I go for the tubeless tyre or not?
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:15   #17
BHPian

hi crazy for speed...

I dunno about 195...but i got my tyres changed to Apollo Accelere.. 185/60-14" the tyres are too good... however one day one of the tyres did burst as the impact was just too much..so its a Tube tyre now otherwise Accelere will be a good choice. Low on noise and just great on handling...... as regards to upsizing to 195...check before going for them... they might touch the walls!
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:36   #18
BHPian

Hi Crazyforspeed,

Am on 185/65/r14 on my Indi Turbo. Potenza GIIIs make one hellava ride.

Precise grip and performamce and am told they last really long as well.

The size doesnt hamper any drive-onomics and works extremely well even for ergonomics and look-n-feel factor.

Thats my take on your possible up-sizing query.

Cheers
Old 23rd January 2008, 17:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey Mahendra, crazy4speed and all the others. Great to hear that there are so many satisfied customers for Tata cars. Very often on this forum, I see folks praising the really expensive cars, there's talk about modding the cars, adding FFE's, special filters, better spark plugs, cabling, ICE, shock absorbers, turbos, etc.....

Very rarely do I see threads of people who want good reliable sensible cars which take you from Point A to Point B in comfort, at low cost, and are great VFM.

3 years ago, I was on the lookout for a vehicle to buy. I checked out all the vehicles in my budget, ( upto 5 L), and chose the Santro. But I loved the ride quality and economy of the Indica. Obviously, there were a lot of refinements due, but the car is simply outstanding in so many other parameters.

So glad to hear that there are sensible folk who want a reliable commute and Tata is fulfilling that need.
Old 23rd January 2008, 19:59   #20
BHPian

Indica is one of the most sensible buys for Indian Roads and conditions , can be serviced anywhere and does not break down easily . I travelled for almost 2000 kms across UP , and no blip , just some air in tyre and diesel in fuel tank is all that is needed.
Old 25th January 2008, 15:49   #21

Hey thanx alot fr your feedback and suggestion. I know it will really help when I go for tyre upgradation.

Thanx alot....
Old 26th January 2008, 20:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Hi Crazyforspeed,

Am on 185/65/r14 on my Indi Turbo. Potenza GIIIs make one hellava ride.

Precise grip and performamce and am told they last really long as well.

The size doesnt hamper any drive-onomics and works extremely well even for ergonomics and look-n-feel factor.

Thats my take on your possible up-sizing query.

Cheers
i'll second that. my indica tcic runs on potenza G3s as well on aura alloys. superb grip. huge improvement in braking confidence.
Old 26th January 2008, 20:38   #23
BHPian

@SRShrikanth

I really like the Craven Grey Color in Indica , but very few people buy it! or may be I havent seen enough on the Road

So I want to ask you how didi you find your color choice over the period of time of your owner ship

any trouble with the Color per se and how difficult it is to maintain it in term of Scrathes and all that

Thanks

Jatinder Singh
Old 28th January 2008, 14:45   #24
BHPian

Hi Hell rider can you do tyre upgarde on normal rims or you need Alloys as a must ?
Old 29th January 2008, 20:34   #25
BHPian

hi Amit27. you don't require alloys to upsize your tyres. However it depends on the tyre you choose. If the diameter is changed then certainly yes. Further if you go for tubeless its better to change the steel rims to alloys.

You might want to read thru the following post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...tml#post497429

I read thru before upsizing mine and got benefited!
Old 4th February 2008, 11:41   #26
BHPian

Hi Jatinder,

On your query about the Cavern Grey colour for my Indica Turbo...well it is probably my fixation with the metallic grey tones I have had on all my cars.

Secondly, in the metros of Bbay, B'Lore & Chennai - I have seen loads of this colour.

My personal take is that it is a colour that passes off as - official & casual - simultaneously.

Maintaining the colour is a tad better than black.!!! Minor scratches do go un-noticed, however if your a car-freak and prefer immaculate conditions, then you will have to keep aside an hour every sunday to keep this baby in prime shape.

Overall - it can be quite a crowd-puller alongside the darker sun-shades.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Old 4th February 2008, 15:50   #27
BHPian

@SRShrikanth

Thanks for the reply !
I am also looking to buy this color Xeta in near future so I think it would be ok for me as I like dark colors

Jatinder SIngh
Old 28th June 2008, 00:40   #28

Great fuel mileage!

This car is amazing me.

I am getting a consistent mileage of 16.5+ Kmpl in Hyderabad bumper to bumper traffic.

I have taken this vehicle for moderately long drives (350 kms) few times and got mileage of more than 20.5 KMpl always.

I mostly use premium quality diesel from trusted fuel pumps as well as use System-D, may be this is working well for the vehicle. I try not to drive rash as well as use less use of clutch and move to higher gears as per recommendations by tata motors.
Old 6th March 2011, 12:28   #29
BHPian

Re: Report on Indica Turbo DLX 2007 after 2500 KM

I have a 2007 Turbo DLX Indica,and its gr8 to drive and own.Have driven through snow(HP) and waterlogged roads (water nearly covering the foglights) without any issues.
Tata service is improving,and as mentioned earlier Tata Motors (if not the dealership) is really serious about customer feedback.
Old 17th June 2011, 14:49   #30
BHPian

Re: Report on Indica Turbo DLX 2007 after 2500 KM

looking for a second horn for my Indica! Any suggestions, from Hyd BHPians preferably?

Most Viewed