Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2007, 10:11   #1
BHPian

New Palio Stile 1.6 Sport

Hi Guys
I took delivery of my new formula red baby today. Thank you guys for helping me make up my mind on this.
my experience so far
Got a very good deal on the 1.6 sport......10K cash discount + FREE insurance + FREE Extended Warranty + MP3 Music System + Teflon Coating + Remote Locking + all the other usuals.
post delivery drove right into Bangalore's traffic madness & set a new record for myself.....11 km in 105 mins. so much for the 100 horses under the bonnet.

Just one query though, after about the first 5 mins of driving I started to notice the creaking sound from somewhere near the drivers seat.......has anyone else experienced the same? Let me know your experiences, so I can get it rectified any issues thereof.

DRIVE & LET DRIVE
Old 30th October 2007, 12:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

congrats man. Do enjoy and drive safe. Keep her under 2K rpm for the first 1000km.

About the sound not sure about it. Just check it out for yourself. Must be the seats of the pastic around the speedometer console or below the steering or maybe the door pads. Try puting you hand around and see if it goes. Must not be anything serious.

WHat was the price you paid OTR (after all discounts)
Old 30th October 2007, 12:19   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
Hi Guys
I took delivery of my new formula red baby today. Thank you guys for helping me make up my mind on this.
my experience so far
Got a very good deal on the 1.6 sport......10K cash discount + FREE insurance + FREE Extended Warranty + MP3 Music System + Teflon Coating + Remote Locking + all the other usuals.
post delivery drove right into Bangalore's traffic madness & set a new record for myself.....11 km in 105 mins. so much for the 100 horses under the bonnet.

Just one query though, after about the first 5 mins of driving I started to notice the creaking sound from somewhere near the drivers seat.......has anyone else experienced the same? Let me know your experiences, so I can get it rectified any issues thereof.

DRIVE & LET DRIVE
Quite a deal that!

Enjoy your car and drive safe.
Old 30th October 2007, 12:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Many Congrats! Enjoy driving that Italian beast!

Go for a spin on a highway and unleash those 100 horses! You would love it!
But don't revv too hard during the initial 1 - 2K kms.

Just try to locate the source of that creaking sound & get it checked at a ASC.
Old 30th October 2007, 12:44   #5
BHPian

Paid 475K OTR Bangalore, & icing on the cake we won a Sanyo Microwave in the raffle at the Dealer's.

I'm still getting the creaking noise, will take it dealers to the service station, looks like some screw / nut is loose.

DRIVE & LET DRIVE
Old 30th October 2007, 15:29   #6
BHPian

Congrates on buying beautiful car. Now a days I am seeing quite a lot Stiles.
Old 30th October 2007, 15:53   #7
BHPian

Hey eclectix 1st, congratulations for the new beauty. I am seeing that now a days more and more people are buying Palio. Every new buyer of Palio gives me a happy happy feeling.

About the noise, is it present always or its only on uneven surface. Try to move the seat back and forth. Try closing and opening the door.
The other source can be the Glass window on the doors. Try rolling up and rolling down when ur driving and try for all windows.

Before checking remove all seat plastic please. IMO it just doesn't look nice.

Enjoy the ride. Cheers.
Old 30th October 2007, 16:24   #8
BHPian

Congrats Ecletix ! on your new machine. I too picked up a 2002 Palio ELX yesterday in a bargain used car deal. So I can see it from your (driver seat perspective! only- as the power output is terrific in 100bhp 1.6). And I had given mine to Tata-Fiat workshop in Mumbai and got it checked and found a list of things to be changed and then a few more because of some usual wear and tear. Then took it to another Tata Fiat dealer today for second opinion! Yes very different feedback received from technicians at two service centres and wondering do we really have a service backup available for this car ( both are authorised TATA -FIAT dealers).

Writing this to you and all Fiat owners and prospective owners that - this is a very good car , definitely in terms of manufacturing quality and materials. I compared almost thirty used cars of the same year make and I must tell you that PALIO is really the best in terms of longevity. I found all maruti cars of 2002- at least having a peel off paint or crack and at least one rusted area on body shell while I found nothing on Palio( in original paint).

So, rest assured, its definitely a very solidly built car and will last longer than any other hatch we can pick today. But be careful with the service centre and keep this car longer as resale value is terrible( read very poor) in the market and yes, I just learnt from various friends and mechanics who I befriended that LPG kits are not adviseable at all on Fiat car( though you got 1.6 and I dont think you will even remotely consider this idea of LPG at all- so writing it for others' information).

Last edited by shatrughna : 30th October 2007 at 16:26.
Old 30th October 2007, 16:27   #9
BHPian

Thanks Firebird, I already tried that remedy, no cure.

Its creaking when I apply brakes or when I start from the stop position. I called up the service guy, According to him, most probable cause could be a missing / loose bolt in the seat assembly. Anyways I' taking the car tomorrow for the checkup.
Old 30th October 2007, 16:30   #10
BHPian

Hi Shatrugna, Thanks but NO thanks for the LPG.

I dont see the need to tame the wild beast (at least in this case)
Old 30th October 2007, 16:57   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
Hi Guys
Market rate approximately for the above things.
10K(cash) + 20K(insu) + 5K(extended Warr) + 5K(mp3) + 5K(teflon) +4K(remote lock) + 3K( others) = 52K.
That looks a very good deal.
cheers

Last edited by greatDrive : 30th October 2007 at 16:59. Reason: small mistake
Old 30th October 2007, 17:51   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
Market rate approximately for the above things.
10K(cash) + 20K(insu) + 5K(extended Warr) + 5K(mp3) + 5K(teflon) +4K(remote lock) + 3K( others) = 52K.
That looks a very good deal.
cheers
Man thats really great deal..here in delhi they are not even bending to give 30k cash discount in terms...only thing they say is max 27k cash thats it no more.
Old 30th October 2007, 18:18   #13
BHPian

Am I getting less ?

This looks like a terrific deal. I have paid my moolah for the 1.6 at Concorde and got free insurance + 5K corporate discount + music system with speakers + teflon coating + extended warranty + car cover . I am taking delivery on Nov 3rd.
Old 30th October 2007, 19:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

eclectix - donno about suitability of LPG in fiats, but LPG= cost of diesel + drivability of petrol, esp with the newer sequential injection kits

congrats on your purchase all the same - that is indeed alot of car for that price
Old 30th October 2007, 22:20   #15
BHPian

rganeshiyer - concorde is the Company (Tata Motors) owned dealership, thats why they give the worst deal possible of the 3 dealers in Bangalore, if its still possible pull out of the deal, you can go thru my Sales guy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks