Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2008, 10:22   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
When i told him abt the power drop when the AC is on he said - Maruti no sir thats why . .
What the heck did he mean by that? Can you please elaborate?
Old 18th March 2008, 10:33   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you let me know where are you getting your SX4 serviced and also your exp about the same.

I got my first service done from Mandovi and am not very satisfied. Few things that i observed after my 1st service:
1.I feel the power has reduced, switching on the AC makes it even more evident. Never had this problem before the first service.
2.Am not at all happy with the clutch play after the first service.Its such a pain now to drive in the city Bumer-bumper traffic.Moving the car from standstill on a slope is one headache and I often end up stalling.Never had this problem before first service.

When i took the car to RNS to show it to the guy whom i knew and got the car from, he just sat in the car and ripped arnd at 4k-5k rpms (had never even crossed 2k before that) and said everythings fine no sir. When i told him abt the power drop when the AC is on he said - Maruti no sir thats why . Thought no point in breaking my head with this fellow and returned back home(20 Kms from service station).

My car is due for second service in some time and would really appreciate if someone lead to the right place .
hey buddy..sorry to hear.. you probably need to change your servicing center..

1) Well, didn't understand how can that be.. With AC, the power delivery will naturally be affected as with any cars.. Also, by its very characteristics, the torque at lower gear and below 2K rpm are not sweet spots for SX4. Ideally you should drive between 2000 - 2500 rpm to get good power and mileage..

2) Stalling? You need to compensate the release of clutch with increased accelerator. Yes, driving in bumper to bumper traffic is very dull with this car :(

I am not sure about Bangy, but here in Delhi, I take to my own dealer's service centre as well as MSM. And till now, I am very much satisfied. There are other SX4 owners from Bangy.. so contact them..Sathya Nyars is one of them.
Old 18th March 2008, 11:56   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxaud View Post
Had checked a couple of reviews by other owners and other sites like BSM.
From the BSM article:

Quote:
The steering of the SX4 is the best EPS setup that Maruti Suzuki has given us so far, way better than anything else they have given us in the past,
Every auto mag praises the SX4 EPS. Having driven the car for almost 9000kms, I think it's easily among the worst I have seen in any car.
Old 18th March 2008, 13:14   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
From the BSM article:

Every auto mag praises the SX4 EPS. Having driven the car for almost 9000kms, I think it's easily among the worst I have seen in any car.
Amit,
There is a catch there...

BSM said that the EPS is the best that MARUTI has given in its cars...!!!

Not to compare with any car...
Old 18th March 2008, 14:32   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Amit,
There is a catch there...

BSM said that the EPS is the best that MARUTI has given in its cars...!!!

Not to compare with any car...
Yes I did read that. If this is the best that Maruti has given then I shudder to imagine the EPS of other MUL cars.
Old 18th March 2008, 16:26   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Yes I did read that. If this is the best that Maruti has given then I shudder to imagine the EPS of other MUL cars.
Its simple... imagine making no effort at all to turn the steering at whatever speed, no way to make out what front wheels are upto, absolutely no feel from the steering and all of this in a car like Wagon-R or the Estilo... which are inherently unstable at high speeds
Old 18th March 2008, 20:05   #142
BHPian

Service centers

Quote:
Could you let me know where are you getting your SX4 serviced and also your exp about the same.

I got my first service done from Mandovi and am not very satisfied. Few things that i observed after my 1st service:
1.I feel the power has reduced, switching on the AC makes it even more evident. Never had this problem before the first service.
2.Am not at all happy with the clutch play after the first service.Its such a pain now to drive in the city Bumer-bumper traffic.Moving the car from standstill on a slope is one headache and I often end up stalling.Never had this problem before first service.

When i took the car to RNS to show it to the guy whom i knew and got the car from, he just sat in the car and ripped arnd at 4k-5k rpms (had never even crossed 2k before that) and said everythings fine no sir. When i told him abt the power drop when the AC is on he said - Maruti no sir thats why . Thought no point in breaking my head with this fellow and returned back home(20 Kms from service station).

My car is due for second service in some time and would really appreciate if someone lead to the right place .
Hi Sande

I got my first service done from Mandovi (wilson garden) They are pretty ok and All they do in the first service What I have noticed is as follows and anything if you note there is a problem in the car
1.Change the engine oil and replace the oil filters
2.Usual car cleaning
3.Check all lightings

Did you get a csat call from Mandovi ? if no, then give your feedback to them on the same ,,,, am sure you concern will be taken care or else you can write to Maruti on
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd: address, regional offices, on road services, call centers, toll free number, call center, Furgaon, Delhi, car queries, works office, contact form, locations
Old 18th March 2008, 20:08   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
hey buddy..sorry to hear.. you probably need to change your servicing center..

1) Well, didn't understand how can that be.. With AC, the power delivery will naturally be affected as with any cars.. Also, by its very characteristics, the torque at lower gear and below 2K rpm are not sweet spots for SX4. Ideally you should drive between 2000 - 2500 rpm to get good power and mileage..
I always try to keep it below 2000 rpm.. getting a decent mileage of 10 to 11
Old 19th March 2008, 09:37   #144
Senior - BHPian

correct me

hey i heard it that it is not more then 7 with A.C. in city.
please correct me if i am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenivas View Post
I always try to keep it below 2000 rpm.. getting a decent mileage of 10 to 11
Old 19th March 2008, 11:01   #145
BHPian

Sreenivas - Yes Sreeni, I did get the Teflon coating just because of the red. I have personally seen Red getting faded and hence the decision.

vnabhi - sad. The AUX i/p is a boon though. The speakers may not be great but they are good enough with mp3 players.

Sandegov - I will be taking it for the first service only today to Suraksha (Bommanahalli). I had done the servicing for my Zen there previously and so far I have not had any reason to dislike them. They are usually responsive. Today, I am trying to to convince them to let me stay for the duration of the service . Will let you know of the results and how the vehicle is post service. As for the stalling problem, I am already facing it at low rpms (<2k) in 2nd gear which is because of the low torque o/p of this engine at lower rpms. You would have to maintain the revs higher or shift down further.

As for the mileage, I did a second tank-to-tank refill with around 225 km fully in the city (we are talking bumper-to-bumper bangalore traffic here) with climate control on all the time and I got 9.69km to the litre! I was ready for even <8 owing to all the bad mileage reports. But this came as a pleasant surprise. I really hope these figures increase or at least hold, post the first service. Note - I had filled the premium petrol from Shell. Not sure if this made the difference.

So mileage summary before first service

Highway - 12.69
City - 9.69
Old 19th March 2008, 11:40   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Sorry dude, you are kinda stuck to the stock ICE if you wanna use the steering mounted audio buttons.
I found this to be the best feature in an car under 8 lacs, but unfortunately the stock ICE sounds as bad as my WagonR's Nippon system.
Not really, you can change over to different Head-Units either single din or double din, no issues. All you have to do is use a dash-kit which is easily available in the after-market for various cars which have integrated dashboard Head-Units like the Civic, Accord and the Sx4. Heck, it is even available as MGP for around 200 bucks. Something like this ImageShack - Hosting :: vxidashpf1xs1.jpg

And about the steering mounted remote functioning, well there is an IR remote module available for like 6k which will retain the stock steering mounted audio controls no matter which ever after market Head-Unit you opt for!

Cheers
Old 19th March 2008, 13:31   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
hey i heard it that it is not more then 7 with A.C. in city.
please correct me if i am wrong.
I hope it is not that worse. Any car in that segment, if stuck in traffic and keeps running with AC will give only similar mileage.
Old 19th March 2008, 16:51   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
And about the steering mounted remote functioning, well there is an IR remote module available for like 6k which will retain the stock steering mounted audio controls no matter which ever after market Head-Unit you opt for!
Cheers
Can you please elaborate further on this? Is it available in authorized Maruti workshops? How is its performance?
Old 19th March 2008, 17:32   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Can you please elaborate further on this? Is it available in authorized Maruti workshops? How is its performance?
Well, its an after market accessory available for all cars which have steering mounted remotes like the Accords, SX4's etc.

Now, as you know the above mentioned cars have an integrated Head-Unit and the steering mounted remote only works with the factory HU. If one changes to an after-market HU like the Alpine, Pioneer etc then the steering remote won't fuction anymore.

I had asked our Team-Bhp audio guru, Mr.Gunbir and he referred me to a Honda-CRV thread somewhere in the audio section here in Team-Bhp wherein this IR module was used inorder to retain the steering remote even though the Head Unit in the CR-V was changed (I'll try to get a link of that post made by Mr.Gunbir). On further enquiry, he also said that the same IR module can be used to keep my SX4 steering remote in active condition even after changing over to an after market Head-Unit.

I myself am planning to go ahead with an ICE upgrade sometime in the very near future. Will definately keep you informed sir!

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 19th March 2008 at 17:37.
Old 19th March 2008, 18:04   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
(I'll try to get a link of that post made by Mr.Gunbir).
Here is the link to an ICE install thread where our In-House Audio Gurus Mr.Gunbir and Mr.J.B(Autophile) have used an IR-module in a Honda CR-V thus retaining the Steering Remote even after using an after-market Head-Unit. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...a-cr-v-12.html

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 19th March 2008 at 18:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks