Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2008, 21:39   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Yesterday my front right tyre got burst when I got over a sharp big stone on the manhole, however I was able to steer the vehicle without any problem and park the vehicle to the left and replaced the tyre. Today I went to MSM Chennai and they say that the tyre have to be changed since the cut was on the side wall.
Hi gopinathann,

Even i had a puncture on the side wall on my rear tyre but i had no issues till date after fixing it. I have run more than 10,000Kms after that and so far so good. Even i have been to MSM and they asked me surprisingly how the tyre did not loose pressure. Before meeting them i never know that the tyre might have to be changed if it has a sidewall puncture. Better try to fix it....if it is not working then you go for the tyre change.
Old 17th October 2008, 22:36   #272
BHPian

I asked them to fix it to use it for emergency alone , but still they couldnt fix it
Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post
Hi gopinathann,

Even i had a puncture on the side wall on my rear tyre but i had no issues till date after fixing it. I have run more than 10,000Kms after that and so far so good. Even i have been to MSM and they asked me surprisingly how the tyre did not loose pressure. Before meeting them i never know that the tyre might have to be changed if it has a sidewall puncture. Better try to fix it....if it is not working then you go for the tyre change.
Old 18th October 2008, 11:05   #273
BHPian

Quote:
The burst tyre cannot be used even as a spare.
I don't want to go for JK because of more noise, If I change to some other in the front the tyre noise can be minimized.
Gopi you said your SX4 had JK tyres but my SX4 sports bridgestone when i took the delivery
How come the difference in brand for stock tyres!!
Can they change the brand without telling the owner
Old 18th October 2008, 11:08   #274
Senior - BHPian

JK tyres and bridgestone are two brands maruti puts into their cars. There is no hard and fast rule which one they use when.
Old 18th October 2008, 11:11   #275
BHPian

Quote:
I had the same problem initially and the belt was fixed in 1st service, again I got in 1 months time. Again they fixed it, now I don't have this issue now and the car has clocked 10000+ km now.
Gopi which belt they fix it to remove the chrrrrr sound. My car service is due
Old 18th October 2008, 11:12   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
JK tyres and bridgestone are two brands maruti puts into their cars. There is no hard and fast rule which one they use when.
But as per gopi
JK Tyre price - 4800
Michelin - 8700
Bridgestone - 8800
Bridgestone is almost double then JK then how maruti manages
Is it possibel to give a choice of tyres while booking also
Old 18th October 2008, 12:16   #277
Senior - BHPian

@ gopinathann

I feel it's best if you change all your 4 tyres. No point changing 2 tyres now and 2 later because you will always have tyres that have worn out in different degrees. Best results would be with all 4 tyres changed at the same time so they wear out evenly.

I'd say go for Michelin. I have them on my Palio and there is a world of difference between the stock Bridgestones and the Michelins. The ride and noise was dramatically transformed on my Palio. The quietness, sometimes, is eerie . I am a Michelin buyer for life. They are simply the best!

PS: Stock Bridgestones on my Palio were extremely prone to punctures. I don't why. I found Goodyear's that I had on our earlier Santro better then Bridgestones.
Old 18th October 2008, 12:22   #278
Senior - BHPian

Bridgestone has different models and variation in pricing from bottom model to the top is more than 200%.
Old 18th October 2008, 12:28   #279
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Gopi you said your SX4 had JK tyres but my SX4 sports bridgestone when i took the delivery
How come the difference in brand for stock tyres!!
Can they change the brand without telling the owner
from your profile pic i see you have an sx4 vxi. the vxi comes with bridgestones and the zxi comes with jks since they are the only tyres available in that size i.e. 205/60 r16.
Old 18th October 2008, 12:34   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
from your profile pic i see you have an sx4 vxi. the vxi comes with bridgestones and the zxi comes with jks since they are the only tyres available in that size i.e. 205/60 r16.
Yes you are right i called Maruti and they said the same though they didn't admitted that JK's are only available due to size

Last edited by aka_iitd : 18th October 2008 at 12:36.
Old 18th October 2008, 13:39   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Gopi which belt they fix it to remove the chrrrrr sound. My car service is due
It is fan belt i think. It was done twice, after that I didn't get the sound.

Quote:
Yes you are right i called Maruti and they said the same though they didn't admitted that JK's are only available due to size
Bridgestone tyre is better than JK tyre.

Since it is not advisable to change 2 tyres, I plan to go for a spare tyre now and change all the 4 tyres with V type tyres after some time.
Does V thread tyres have any advantages apart from looks, Since it is to be used only on one direction I hope it must have some special feature.
Old 18th October 2008, 14:00   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Since it is not advisable to change 2 tyres, I plan to go for a spare tyre now and change all the 4 tyres with V type tyres after some time.
Does V thread tyres have any advantages apart from looks, Since it is to be used only on one direction I hope it must have some special feature.
I have changed over to V-threaded tyres for my SX4. I opted for the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's in 225-55-R16 size which is broader than stock but it does not protrude outside the front fender and does not touch anywhere in the wheel-well which was a concern before i went in for the upgrade. But once they were fitted, i noticed there was a lot of room between the tyre and the liner in the inner wheel-well even with the steering on full lock. I got a good buyback on my stock 600km old JK's. I had to pay a net amount of 12k (including alignment and balancing) after the dealer bought back my stock tyres.

These tyres are a mighty big improvement over the JK's in terms of braking, grip, noise and cornering. I was set on buying the Yokohama AVS Sport or the ES100 tires which IIRC are the only other tyres in this size in the market with a V-thread pattern. But they had a manufacture date of late 2005's and i did not want tyres that old.

I am very staisfied with my choice. There were better comfort or performance tyres from Michelin and Yokohama in the market but i found the thread pattern too boring and they were more expensive than the Goodyear's by a good 2k per tyre but the cost not really a concern. The thing is i have been a great fan of the V-Thread designs and always wanted them in my car for sheer looks but they are also better than the stock JK's in almost everything (lol) which is a bonus. And i am very very happy with my choice.

Gopi, hope this post helps you!

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 18th October 2008 at 14:06.
Old 18th October 2008, 14:10   #283
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i meant the only budget tyre in that size.

Quote:

Bridgestone tyre is better than JK tyre.

v thread tyres give better grip. look at yoko s-drives if available in 215/55 r16. those would be good.
Old 18th October 2008, 15:25   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I have changed over to V-threaded tyres for my SX4. I opted for the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's in 225-55-R16 size which is broader than stock but it does not protrude outside the front fender and does not touch anywhere in the wheel-well which was a concern before i went in for the upgrade. But once they were fitted, i noticed there was a lot of room between the tyre and the liner in the inner wheel-well even with the steering on full lock.
These tyres are a mighty big improvement over the JK's in terms of braking, grip, noise and cornering. I was set on buying the Yokohama AVS Sport or the ES100 tires which IIRC are the only other tyres in this size in the market with a V-thread pattern. But they had a manufacture date of late 2005's and i did not want tyres that old.
Do you think you could post a few pictures of the same? I have 215/55/16 on my SX4 with 16x7.0 rims. They definitely look alot bigger than the stock tyres, but 225/55 is something I just cant imagine.
Do the Eagle F1s only come in that size for 16inchers? Cos even I love the V design on those tyres, but I think 225 is just way too broad for my liking.
Also, another thing, any effect on efficiency as such?
Thanks!
Old 18th October 2008, 15:34   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I have changed over to V-threaded tyres for my SX4. I opted for the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's in 225-55-R16 size which is broader than stock but it does not protrude outside the front fender and does not touch anywhere in the wheel-well which was a concern before i went in for the upgrade. But once they were fitted, i noticed there was a lot of room between the tyre and the liner in the inner wheel-well even with the steering on full lock.
Hi prince85,
I think 225/55 R16 will look much wider. Since it is single directional deciding on the spare wheel will be a problem. May be we can go for some other choice for the spare wheel.

Can you post the pictures? Quite eager to see those tyres on SX4....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks