Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 19:24   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Wow, thats REALLY expensive. Is it the same as Prince - 225/60? or the normal 205/60?
It is 225/55. Also he suggests to put Yokama or Bridgestone since Good Year is not that worth spending.
Old 3rd November 2008, 20:00   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
It is 225/55. Also he suggests to put Yokama or Bridgestone since Good Year is not that worth spending.
Hmmm. I've heard only good things about Eagle F1s. Bridgestones would be the same stock tyre. Yokohamas are meant to be good, but no direct response from anyone I know.
Old 3rd November 2008, 22:04   #318
BHPian

Quote:
] Is it the same as Prince - 225/60? or the normal 205/60?
Anant, i have 225-55-R16's on my car not 225-60's
Old 3rd November 2008, 22:16   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
I don't think Bridgestone is worth it! You can look at Michelin or Yokohma which are slightly superior than the Goodyear F1's. But if you looking at a good sporty thread pattern then you would be disappointed coz the Michelins look very boring. You will get the MXV8's in that size from Michelin for 8k per tyre in Mumbai. Coming to Yokohama, here too the choice is limited in this size. You can get the ES501 for 7k which is again an out and out comfort based tyre like the MXV8 from Michelin. Both look very bland. Yokohama does have fancy tyres in 225-55-16's in the form of AVS-ES100 and AVS SPORT but both of them have been discontinued since some time now and the best you might find them is late 2005 or early 2006 manufactured examples which is very old to be honest.

The price quoted to you for the Goodyear F1's is way too high. If you want the Goodyears from Mumbai at 6.2k per tyre then let me know. Maybe i could help you source them.'

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 3rd November 2008 at 22:18.
Old 4th November 2008, 00:32   #320
BHPian

Quote:
They look neat. But you should consider getting 16x6.5J rims, that way would come out a wee bit, just to fill up the wheel wells but not excessively. Because like has been said earlier, they do look stock.
But the tread is awesome. Do you know if these Goodyears come in 215/55s? Think I'll switch to them for my next tyre upgrade.
Have you got any mods planned for your car?
I did not consider a change of rims and do not intend to in the future as well. The whole idea was to retain the bone stock look of the car from the outside but at the same time i also wanted to get tyres which would be way better than the crappy JK's and which would look far better as well! And they do fill up the wheel wells width-wise much better than the stock tyres did. I did not want them to protrude much more than that soo in the looks department concerning tyres, it suits my tastes and wants just right!

Yes the Goodyear GSD2 and 3's are available in your desired size of 215-55-R16 as well for 6.2k per tyre in Mumbai

Regarding Mods, well i've got stock leather interiors coz i opted for the Leather Version from the factory itself soo no work left in the interior part.

I've got P4 HID's in the headlights and Max2000 strobe kit in the parking light slot in the headlamps. I will be getting another set of P4 HID's for the fogs later this month or early next month whenever the P4 dealer gets the H8 kit.

Planned future Mod is a good ICE setup done up by GUNBIR and JB but thats not anytime soon.

PS- I am not much into engine performance mods. I am more into subtle cosmetic mods, HEHE!

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 4th November 2008 at 00:45.
Old 4th November 2008, 01:24   #321
BHPian

Sorry my bad, got confused with all the 215s, 205s, 225s, 55s and 60s flying around here.
Strobe kit huh - am contemplating that. But want to get the ones with the red and blue bulbs.
Yeah, I know what you mean about the engine performance mods; but am thinking about a FFE, but dont really know whether it would really make a difference. Would love a deeper growl though.
Btw, are we the only 3 Sx4 owners here? I mean, we seem to have taken over this thread completely! Lol.
Old 4th November 2008, 07:42   #322
BHPian

guys
i also have an sx4.
the no. game you are playing is really confusing.
but i keenly watch this space, please carry on.
Old 4th November 2008, 07:47   #323
BHPian

Guyz need a bit of info. Last night a two-wheeler without brakes landed on my bumper to stop the vehicle - and bang, I have a 15 inch wide possibly 10 inch deep buck in the bumper. How much is it going to cost me? I've stopped caring about little scratches and patches on the bumper - so I wouldn't really repaint, but I just want to dent the bumper back to its normal looks.

In retrospection, I quite hate these cars with body colored bumpers and RVMs. They are truly impractical in India. Given a choice, irrespective of the car I buy, I'd prefer going with black plasticky bumpers and RVMs - you can at least ignore the scratches and stuff!
Old 4th November 2008, 10:04   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnaz View Post
Last night a two-wheeler without brakes landed on my bumper to stop the vehicle - and bang, I have a 15 inch wide possibly 10 inch deep buck in the bumper. How much is it going to cost me? I've stopped caring about little scratches and patches on the bumper - so I wouldn't really repaint, but I just want to dent the bumper back to its normal looks.
Well it would be difficult if not impossible to get the bumper back into almost perfect shape in your case. I assume it is the rear bumper. i think you should go in for a new bumper. A new rear bumper would cost you anywhere between 3-3.5k and painting it would cost you another 3k. Soo its 6.5k in damages. Claim insurance and you would only have to pay 50% of the bumper cost, thats all! You can also fix other areas in your car which might need some denting/painting work as well when you make the claim.

Quote:
In retrospection, I quite hate these cars with body colored bumpers and RVMs. They are truly impractical in India. Given a choice, irrespective of the car I buy, I'd prefer going with black plasticky bumpers and RVMs - you can at least ignore the scratches and stuff!
If thats what you prefer then buy new front/rear bumpers and install them without painting them. I think black bumpers would look even more rugged in a car like the SX4!cheers:

Quote:
Sorry my bad, got confused with all the 215s, 205s, 225s, 55s and 60s flying around here.
No problems at all my friend~!

Quote:
Strobe kit huh - am contemplating that. But want to get the ones with the red and blue bulbs.
Red or Blue strobes, I think it would look quite gawdy to be honest!

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you mean about the engine performance mods; but am thinking about a FFE, but dont really know whether it would really make a difference. Would love a deeper growl though.
I don't know how much increase in performance it would give you, but for sure you will get that deep exhaust growl that you are looking for. Also the rear bumper skirting would look good with a straight fat chrome exhaust pipe

Quote:
Btw, are we the only 3 Sx4 owners here? I mean, we seem to have taken over this thread completely! Lol.
Looks like it

Cheers
Old 4th November 2008, 10:49   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Guyz need a bit of info. Last night a two-wheeler without brakes landed on my bumper to stop the vehicle - and bang, I have a 15 inch wide possibly 10 inch deep buck in the bumper. How much is it going to cost me? I've stopped caring about little scratches and patches on the bumper - so I wouldn't really repaint, but I just want to dent the bumper back to its normal looks.

Earlier I heard from Maruti that they can heat the bumpers in case of dent to bring back to original shape. Just check with Maruti dealers. I am not sure how perfect can they bring, but atleast they can do it with heating.
Old 4th November 2008, 10:50   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Red or Blue strobes, I think it would look quite gawdy to be honest!
Well ok, imagine the law enforcement cars in the States? The headlight strobes they've got?
Like so:
Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-tbhp.jpg
Old 4th November 2008, 11:01   #327
BHPian

Quote:

Try some local mechanic. They will bring in shape by using 200 W bulbs and i very effective and cheap
Old 4th November 2008, 11:29   #328
BHPian

spetnaz- i too had bump in my sx4 few times.
the bumps disappeared on their own.both those depressions were blunt and significant-still they disappeared after few hours.i dont know the physics behind that
Old 4th November 2008, 17:49   #329
BHPian

Friends iam planning to buy an ZXi model SX4 shortly, therefore members please help me to get the correct Cash Discount, Freebies, Exchange Bonus & Loyalty Bonus or should i wait till Dec to get the maxium discount, HELP ME out to know the exact market trend.
Old 4th November 2008, 23:43   #330

Spetnaz - bumpers are made of plastic. All you need to do is to have the bumper opened (as in removed from the car) and the rubber pushed back into shape from inside. Then the bumper can be put back in place. A local mechanic should not charge more than 100 bucks for this. I had a similar problem with my Santo a few years back and thats how I learnt this.

Hope this also explains the "physics"...being plastic or rather rubbery plastic, the tendency of the bumper is to return to its normal position.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks