Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 14:49   #406
Senior - BHPian

Engine flugh and radiator flush is completely unnecessary at 30K km. Also why is gear oil changed, what is the recommended change interval.

And what is the work done with spark plug?
Old 29th March 2009, 14:57   #407
BHPian

those headrests are similar to the new ones offered in the swift. the price of the old headrests in swift was rs.550/-
Old 30th March 2009, 11:18   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is engine oil flush a must or is it your request?
Quote:
Engine flugh and radiator flush is completely unnecessary at 30K km.
Car was taken to the service center by my colleague and he was shown the engine oil that had gone black. Service guys recommended a flush before new engine oil was put in. The decision to agree to the flush was at his discretion.

Quote:
And what is the work done with spark plug?
They have been replaced with new ones. Service guys didn't call us before doing that though.

Quote:
Also why is gear oil changed, what is the recommended change interval.
Not sure about the recommended change interval. Service guys said all fluids have to be changed if required.

Two more things:

- I didn't allow them to check / replace brake pads because it would mess up the alignment and I have managed to sort out the vehicle pulling problem with great difficulty. I don't feel brake pads need to be changed now anyway. Planning to get this done at the next service due at 40,000kms.

- Finally the handbrake has been sorted out too. For the first time since the car was bought, the handbrake has been adjusted correctly!
Old 30th March 2009, 18:35   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
- Finally the handbrake has been sorted out too. For the first time since the car was bought, the handbrake has been adjusted correctly!
Amit,

what was the problem with handbrakes? I am sure you would have mentioned it before, but not sure where to check in a 28 page thread.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 30th March 2009 at 18:39.
Old 31st March 2009, 10:32   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Amit,

what was the problem with handbrakes? I am sure you would have mentioned it before, but not sure where to check in a 28 page thread.
The car was delivered with hand brake barely functioning. On a slope, the car refused to stand even with the handbrake pulled up completely. This was sorted out by Vitesse Worli but I still had to pull it up fully to keep the car from rolling down. Also, pulling it up was real easy unlike normal handbrakes which are a little heavy to pull up. Now, it's sorted out correctly. It's nice and heavy when pulling it up and on a slope I just need to click it twice and the car holds steady.

To be fair, I had not complained about it in a long time although the service manual lists down checking of handbrake funtioning at every service. This time too, it was sorted out by the service guys on their own initiative. I guess this time I got lucky and my car ended up with the right mechanic at the dealership .
Old 31st March 2009, 14:40   #411
Senior - BHPian

good to know. thanks for the clarification.
Old 4th April 2009, 08:34   #412
BHPian

I already posted in another thread, reposting here -
Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
I am also hearing this last 5K KM. I got everything checked but no metal or plastic part is loose. Now I started observing it carefully. It seems to be RHS drive shaft or something.
my observation - When my cars front right wheel goes to ditch or on a hump and same time accelerator pedal is pressed, no foot on clutch pedal, at any speed (20-30 kmph) - I hear metal sound like clung-clung. This does not come if I remove my foot from accelerator or press clutch. Its independant of load in car, single or 5 person.

I got underbody inspection, refitting of mud flap, refit front bumper, refit some plastic cover plate below engine, dash board, right fender, shock up etc. No luck so far. This time I am telling to check drive shaft and differential.

Any suggestion? Car has done 18,200 KM, taking to service by this month end.
Old 4th April 2009, 10:34   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
When my cars front right wheel goes to ditch or on a hump and same time accelerator pedal is pressed, no foot on clutch pedal, at any speed (20-30 kmph) - I hear metal sound like clung-clung. This does not come if I remove my foot from accelerator or press clutch. Its independant of load in car, single or 5 person.
I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing but when my car goes over a hump or a ditch, there is a 'Khut' sound that comes from under the front wheels. I think it's the left one. The sound is definately not like a metal though. I have put it down to poor or weak suspension set up because the last two days I was driving my Palio and I went over the same hump and the S10 glided over it silently and smoothly.

My SX4 has done 30K so far and this sound has been coming since the past few hundred kms. It's based on this sound that I had mentioned about the SX4 suspension that thrashes and crashes through ditches earlier on the Linea v/s SX4 thread.
Old 5th April 2009, 13:25   #414
BHPian

I also used to get some noise from the rear left suspension when I would go over a bump. Was extremely jarring. When I went to service masters they changed something under warranty. No problems since.
Old 6th April 2009, 15:39   #415
Senior - BHPian

A little late in the day for uploading the pictures but here goes.

Front view is good.

Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-img_0026.jpg

The tall man. I still can't accept the tall man dimensions in a sedan.

Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-img_0028.jpg

Stanley classic leather seats.

Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-img_0023.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-img_0024.jpg

Well designed dash although quality could be better.

Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-img_0025.jpg

Last edited by amit : 6th April 2009 at 15:53.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:22   #416
BHPian

The most macho car in the C-segment

The alloys look gr8888
Old 6th April 2009, 18:06   #417
Senior - BHPian

Nicely maintained car Amit. I know why you still dont like its looks... the yellow S10 standing in the garage. That thing still turns my head.
Old 7th April 2009, 03:21   #418
BHPian

Hi Amit,
Looks good!
Just one thing, when the dealer placed the Ambipure thingie on the A/c vent, it leaked and somehow cracked my HU. Small, but noticeable. Was really odd, just make sure it doesnt happen to you!
Meanwhile, OT, but here is what my car looks like now. Added a whole bunch of stuff for the parking lights.

Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-sx4-parking-lights-copy.jpg
Old 7th April 2009, 11:26   #419
Senior - BHPian

Amit, your car looks good in that colour. I like the look of the dash and the integrated ICE.
Side profile is not to my liking either---I don't like the hunch backish stance.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:26   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Hi Amit,
Looks good!
Just one thing, when the dealer placed the Ambipure thingie on the A/c vent, it leaked and somehow cracked my HU. Small, but noticeable. Was really odd, just make sure it doesnt happen to you!
Meanwhile, OT, but here is what my car looks like now. Added a whole bunch of stuff for the parking lights.

Attachment 121843
Looks cool. Do you have any pic taken in the day. Does the fog has angel lights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks