Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 12:34   #481
BHPian

From day one i am facing this seat issue, Bimal whitefeild is unable to solve this issue at all. I think there is a manufacturing defect due to the height adjuster. I dont think this will be resolved after a seat change also as i have done once. Maruti should do somthing about this very soon else the customers will line up to consumer court.,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Guys,

I am facing a few minor issues - want to know if any of you have faced the same, and whether you have any suggestions:

1. Squeaking seats (front seats) - especially if there is a bump, or if I move while the car is turning. Minor squeaks though
Old 17th August 2009, 12:58   #482
Senior - BHPian

I have not had any issues with the seats till date.
Old 19th August 2009, 22:21   #483
Senior - BHPian

The 40,000kms service was done today at S.K.Maruti. Two problems remain.

- 2000rpm and beyond the engine gets extremely noisy and the sound gets boomy from 250rpm. I thought it's because the engine oil is worn out and it would stop if oil is changed but there is absolutely no difference. In fifth the car feels like it's in third. However, if I rev the engine with the car parked, the engine sound doesn't seem as bad. What could it be?

- There is a constant noise from the underbody as if something is hitting the underside. I asked the ASC to check the suspension which they claimed they did and solved the issue. At 7pm when the car was returned, the SA said the problem was with brake calipers and engine mountings. Calipers were cleaned and mountings tightened and in his words 'there is pin drop silence in the car now.'

The car is going back to the ASC tomorrow for these issues. Also, brake pads were not changed.

I will scan the invoice tomorrow. The amount has left me
Old 19th August 2009, 22:45   #484
Team-BHP Support

And the clutch issue ?
Old 19th August 2009, 22:49   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
And the clutch issue ?
That's a bit tricky. The jerking isn't as bad as it was earlier and it doesn't happen always. It's a bit confusing but the car has done 39,200kms so I still have 800kms to go till the warranty runs out.
Old 20th August 2009, 11:21   #486
Senior - BHPian

40,000kms service estimate given was Rs.6,250. All consumables to be changed. The amount was around what I had expected so I gave the go ahead.

Final bill amount Rs.9,157.

Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-sk19081.jpg

Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-sk19082.jpg

Car is back in S.K. today for the unsolved problems. Suspect for the underbody noise are the link rods.
Old 20th August 2009, 11:45   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
40,000kms service estimate given was Rs.6,250. All consumables to be changed. The amount was around what I had expected so I gave the go ahead.

Where is it that they have charged more than expected? The labor charge seems pretty high. I will be giving my car for service when I touch 30K & so it would help if you can let me know where the costs should have been lower?
Old 20th August 2009, 11:45   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
And the clutch issue ?
Quote:
- 2000rpm and beyond the engine gets extremely noisy and the sound gets boomy from 250rpm. I thought it's because the engine oil is worn out and it would stop if oil is changed but there is absolutely no difference. In fifth the car feels like it's in third. However, if I rev the engine with the car parked, the engine sound doesn't seem as bad. What could it be?
Seems to be a clutch issue to me since the engine is smooth in neutral.
Old 20th August 2009, 11:48   #489
BHPian

Quote:

In my case car sounds boomy above 4k rpm only 2000 RPM seems too low for the engine to be boomy

Last edited by nurni76 : 20th August 2009 at 11:50.
Old 20th August 2009, 12:08   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Where is it that they have charged more than expected? The labor charge seems pretty high. I will be giving my car for service when I touch 30K & so it would help if you can let me know where the costs should have been lower?
When the job card was made, I was given a estimate of Rs.6,250. When I went to take delivery SA said he made a mistake in the job card because the consumables should have been about Rs.4,500 but he put it as Rs.450.

30K service is not expensive. 40K is a major service in Maruti's and the way the car was behaving I agree that it needed a total change of fluids.

Quote:
I have asked them to check the clutch today due to jerking issue. For the engine noise the SA was clueless. He even went to the extent of saying that I should drop a email to Maruti about this and asked me to be firm because in his words, "Maruti will try and convince you that the sound is normal". I told him I have very good expereince of that with MSIL!

Also, as per him, most complaints about SX4 are related to steering and clutch. I told thim that I have maintained from day one that the EPS is rubbish. SA says SX4 comes with HPS and not EPS!

Last edited by amit : 20th August 2009 at 12:09.
Old 25th August 2009, 10:36   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2000rpm and beyond the engine gets extremely noisy and the sound gets boomy from 2500rpm. I thought it's because the engine oil is worn out and it would stop if oil is changed but there is absolutely no difference. In fifth the car feels like it's in third. However, if I rev the engine with the car parked, the engine sound doesn't seem as bad. What could it be?
Quote:
Sent a email to Maruti's local office and the dealership at 6pm yesterday. At 9.20am, I got a call from the dealer asking me to bring the car over for another check. Great going Maruti but the proof in the pudding is in eating it. I have hinted that it could be a clutch issue. Car is going to the dealer tomorrow. What could be other reasons apart from clutch for this noise? On the phone, the dealer seemed clueless about the problem.

Quote:
There is a constant noise from the underbody as if something is hitting the underside. I asked the ASC to check the suspension which they claimed they did and solved the issue. At 7pm when the car was returned, the SA said the problem was with brake calipers and engine mountings. Calipers were cleaned and mountings tightened and in his words 'there is pin drop silence in the car now.'
Link rods were changed. Noise has gone now.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:40   #492
Senior - BHPian

There seems to be some problem with the I-Cats.

- I don't use the remote to lock / unlock the car anymore.
- Since the past few days, everytime I unlock with the key the blinkers start blinking for a couple of minutes. Even after I start the car the blinkers keep blinking. There is no siren.
- The I-Cats switch inside the car blinks 5 times - stops - blinks 5 times. This goes on continously.
- When I finish driving and lock the car the blinkers start blinking again.
- Once the blinkers started blinking suddenly when I driving and after a few minutes stopped automatically.

The manual only says that if the I-Cats light inside the car blinks 5 times, it means the car is in passive arming mode. But in my case, the light keeps flashing all the time when the car is being driven.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:44   #493
Team-BHP Support

Looks like a short wire somewhere in the central locking circuit.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:51   #494
Senior - BHPian

How many times did this happen? This may also happen if one of the doors wasnt locked properly(atleast that's how my autocop behaves)
Old 31st August 2009, 13:16   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
How many times did this happen? This may also happen if one of the doors wasnt locked properly(atleast that's how my autocop behaves)
Every time I lock/unlock the car this happens. Also, now, the doors don't lock automatically when the car reaches 20kmph. I thought that's because I don't use the remote anymore.

Quote:
Once the blinkers started blinking suddenly when I driving and after a few minutes stopped automatically.
Only this happened just once on thursday evening.

Last edited by amit : 31st August 2009 at 13:18.

Most Viewed