Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2007, 20:08   #46
Team-BHP Support

Amit:

Congratulations on the purchase. i hope everything gets solved by first service.

You haven't mentioned on the build quality. How does it rate?
Old 27th November 2007, 11:19   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I will take the car back to S.K. this week and wait for Maruti to take this issue up for 2 weeks. If these problems are not fixed then the next step would be to contact AutoCar India.
And you think AutoCar India would help? They just love the SX4 there.
Old 27th November 2007, 19:40   #48
BHPian

I had contacted maruti -during my 1st service (in bangalore) - about some clarifications which I had (including 3rd gear vibration). The local service manager from maruti came in to the dealer workshop & checked it out. he also called & kept informed. So probably you should expect that.

Quote:
I spoke to the Anytime Maruti Toll free number and made a complaint about the following:

1. Vehicle pulling to left and right.
2. Third Gear Vibration.
3. Trunk doesn't close easily.
4. Poor Radio Reception in Kharghar.

Also told them about the fact that neither S.K. nor Vitesse have been able to solve these issues. The guy gave me a compliant number and told me that he will forward the compliant to the correct authority and that if possible, I should take the car back to Vitesse to get the issues fixed. Lets see how this goes.

The car's manual also comes with a feedback form where you can list down any defects in the car. I filled it up and posted it a couple of weeks back too.

I will take the car back to S.K. this week and wait for Maruti to take this issue up for 2 weeks. If these problems are not fixed then the next step would be to contact AutoCar India.

Let's see if Maruti's reputation is well earned or just hype.
Old 6th January 2008, 11:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

Update on Vehicle pulling to left and/or right: 4600kms

Quote:
You haven't mentioned on the build quality. How does it rate?
The first rattle appeared at 2800 kms.

Let's pick up on the vehicle pulling problem that still hasn't been solved.

The car was taken to Vitesse on 16-11-07 at 1474kms to attend to two problems.

1. Steering not Centered. - Solved.

2. Vehicle pulling to left and/or right. - Not Solved.

After I gave a poor feedback to Vitesse on their feedback form I was called and they apologised for the unsolved problem. They said it was a minor issue and I can bring the car over anytime I have time and they will make sure it's solved as it appears to be a minor issue. I ask them if it's ok if I bring the car over at the time of it's second service and they say it's perfectly okay.

On 4-1-08 with approx 4550kms on the odo the car is taken for it's second service. The complaint is made. To be fair to Vitesse, the problem didn't show up at the time of the test drive. Still I insist that there is a problem and the service advisor says he will test drive it later and see if the problem is there. At about 4pm, I get a call saying that the car is ready and there is no problem of vehicle pulling. I am told the tyre pressure in the rear tyres was at 28psi and thats why I must have noticed the issue. I tell him I will come to take delivery and we will talk then.

6 PM: We take the car out for a test drive. The service advisor sits next to me doles out advice on how the tyre pressure should be checked and set at manufacturer recommended levels. I leave the steering and the car immediately pulls to the left. Now the convo gets REALLY interesting.

me: See the car is pulling to the left. This is what I was trying to show you.

Service Advisor (SA): The car will go straight for 75 feet and then lose direction. Every car does that.

me: I know that but this car didnt go 75 feet.

SA: No it did. The problem is tyre pressure and you got to keep the steering straight otherwise the car will lose track.

me: Do you realise that you are now selling a 8 lac rupee car and none of your SX4 owners are first time car buyers. Give this line to a M800 or Alto owner not to me.

I leave the steering and the car again pulls left. This time the pull towards left is sharp and more immediate.

me: So you mean the car now went straight for 75 feet? This isnt even 0.75 feet!

SA: quiet.

SA: Sir, Lets turn back. I will check the car in the service again.

We turn back and luckily find a empty stretch. I reach 60kmph leave the steering the car goes to the left. This time the turn to left is very sharp.

me: Do you now agree that there is a problem? You can be honest. If you think there is no problem then there is no point in you checking the car. You have to be convinced that there is a problem.

SA: Lets go back to the dealership. I will have it checked.

The car is taken into the dealership service area. The service manager is nowhere to be found. 20 mins later the car is back out.

SA: We will go for a TD now. The problem should have been solved.

me: What did you do in 20 mins?!

SA: We interchanged the front tyres.

me: And you think this has solved the problem?

SA: Take a TD sir.

me: Ok. It's useless but I will do it for your satisfaction.

Onto the main road, I leave the steering and now the car immediately darts to the right!

me: Now the car is going right! This is what I am telling you. It sometimes goes left and sometimes goes right. It can't be alignment problem.

SA: Sir, keep the steering straight.

me: Are you trying to teach me to drive?

SA: Quiet.

I leave the steering and again the car pulls to the right.

me: Well?

SA: This is happening because the car is going over the joints on the road. Due to uneven joints and road surface the car will lose track.

me: Did Maruti make this car for the German autobahns or Indian roads? Besides, why does a NHC, Santro, my own Palio go over the same joints and still go straight? Forget other cars, why does a Wagon R, Zen, Swift go over these joints and still track straight?

SA: Can you leave the car today?

me: No. I want a Maruti engineer to take a look at it. Call him on a friday and I will bring the car back.

Back at the service, we talk to the service manager who claims it's a minor issue and they will call the engineer to take a look at the car and it will be solved next friday.

Because the car didn't show this fault in the morning, I want to be fair to them and give them one more chance. I have been told that even if the Maruti engineer doesn't come, the dealership will make sure the problem is solved next friday. I have a 10am appointment.

I had made a complaint to Maruti through their toll free number on 26-11-2007. They gave me a complaint number. Thats it. No action from their side till date.

The owner's manual comes with a feedback form which is to be mailed to the company. This problem has been listed there. Again, no action from Maruti.

So much for Japanese reliablity and Maruti topping CSI in J.D.Power survey's year after year.

PS: I made a complaint about the trunk that needs to be shoved hard at least 3-4 times before it closes. SA said thats normal across all SX4 cars.
Old 6th January 2008, 21:07   #50
Senior - BHPian

Amit, I agree with you that when they sell a 8 lac car, they've got to take care of such niggling issues, moreso when their own cars in the lower segment do not suffer from such issues.
I've been owning Maruti cars for the past 18 years, and I feel their reputation for great service is exaggerated beyond proportion. Even I had complained to Maruti on their website regarding the reluctance of a dealer to service my WagonR. Though the dealer is located near my new flat, he refused to accept my car for service, and insisted that I go to their other service centre located 8 kms away. I've received no response from Maruti so far, and it's been a year since I complained.
Old 6th January 2008, 21:20   #51
BHPian

Quote:
PS: I made a complaint about the trunk that needs to be shoved hard at least 3-4 times before it closes. SA said thats normal across all SX4 cars.
used to happen on my car..it has stopped after 1st service.touchwood
Old 7th January 2008, 02:21   #52
BHPian

I hope people who are confused about SX4 and NHC (like me) not read this thread.

Edit : I am so happy, i am a BHPIam now

Last edited by carCrazy25 : 7th January 2008 at 02:22.
Old 7th January 2008, 15:18   #53
Team-BHP Support

Amit, the reasoning provided by the SA was rather amusing at times, i must say.
Old 8th January 2008, 11:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

A few weeks back, just as I got down in my housing society to get to work, a Esteem owner/driver came upto me and the convo went like this:

Is this car petrol or diesel?

Petrol.

Whats the mileage?

11-12kmpl.

End of convo.

No wonder the NHC rules here .
Old 8th January 2008, 11:56   #55
Senior - BHPian

Amit,

Is the problem solved now? I would recommend SPECTRA to get your work done.

PS: I am no way associated with them but getting my car serviced from them for the past 3 years.
Old 8th January 2008, 12:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Amit,

Is the problem solved now? I would recommend SPECTRA to get your work done.
Not yet but I have to take the car back to Vitesse on friday at 10am. Since they are in the know about the problem now, it will be easier to deal with them now. If they can't solve the issue, then I will take the car to Spectra. Do recommend a good service advisor at Spectra. Thank you.
Old 8th January 2008, 12:12   #57
BHPian

Quote:
... I believe the North American spec SX4 has it.

Hi , I'd sent this link to one of my buddies who also recently bought his SX4. A vxi version at that.

He's so dumbstruck and literally fuming that he aint talking to me for ''enlightening'' him
Old 8th January 2008, 12:23   #58
Senior - BHPian

Now I understand why you still have your signature unchanged

If its not a alignment problem, then what should be the actual problem? I suggest to get Maruti direct contact and talk to them. My friend did it for his problems with Swift and worked like a magic.

Other than the issues mentioned, how does the car fare? Whats the mileage of this car?
Old 8th January 2008, 14:49   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
If its not a alignment problem, then what should be the actual problem?
My take is that there could be a EPS problem but the EPS light does not glow in the dash. There are times when I have to hold the steering tight and I can feel it resisting my inputs and wanting to tilt right. Once I was in the toll line and the car had to driven in first gear-stop-first gear-stop format till the toll payment and every time I started to drive the car the steering turned to the right on it's own pulling the car with it (I had left the steering wheel fully). When I say the car pulls right or left the pull is sharp and diganol across lanes on the road and it happens as soon as I leave the steering!

The reason I don't believe that it could be an alignment problem is because the car pulls both to right and left. If it was alignment, it would pull only to one side, right?

Quote:
Other than the issues mentioned, how does the car fare? Whats the mileage of this car?
Other then the issues mentioned, the car is doing quite good. It's completed 4700kms. It's time to write a full and proper review on the car alongwith pictures. I plan to do that as soon as I get rid of this issue. Overall mileage in december was 12.51kmpl. (2389 kms / 191 ltrs)

Last edited by amit : 8th January 2008 at 14:52.
Old 8th January 2008, 17:05   #60
BHPian

Quote:
I had made a complaint to Maruti through their toll free number on 26-11-2007. They gave me a complaint number. Thats it. No action from their side till date.

The owner's manual comes with a feedback form which is to be mailed to the company. This problem has been listed there. Again, no action from Maruti.

So much for Japanese reliablity and Maruti topping CSI in J.D.Power survey's year after year.

No wonder why Maruti dropped to 3rd position in CSI rating.

Ref: ACI Jan2008 Issue

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks