Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2008, 21:02   #301
BHPian

Thanks for the price quote. The price is 2.5 K cheaper than the Bridgestone which Maruti dealer quoted. I will check some of the tyre shops for good bargain.

Regarding the alarm I want to disable the shock sensors only. This feature is available in piranha remote where the shock sensors are disbaled in silent mode, but it doesn't work like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
The Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's cost me 6-6.2k per tyre. I don't remember the exact amount though! The 600km old stock JK's in exchange fetched me 3k per tyre.

And coming to the security alarm, i am sorry but i did not understand exactly what you want to do!

1.Do you want to permanently put the security system in silent mode? In this mode every time you lock or unlock the car, only the hazard lights will flash like they normally do but you won't hear the beeps. But even in this mode whenever anyone tries to intrude into the car without the remote, the siren will come on as normal. Is this what you want?

or

2.You want to deactivate the shock sensors? Shock sensors trigers an alarm everytime anyone bumps into the car when its parked/locked or if the car is put through some sort of shock (for eg. if a cricket ball bangs into any portion of your car the siren goes on for sometime). Do you want to deactiavate this feature?

Let me know exactly what you want to do and ill try my best to help you out.

Cheers
Old 20th October 2008, 21:28   #302
BHPian

You have shock sensors on the SX4???? I dont think I do, are you guys using the factory fitted alarm systems?
Old 20th October 2008, 21:51   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Thanks for the price quote. The price is 2.5 K cheaper than the Bridgestone which Maruti dealer quoted. I will check some of the tyre shops for good bargain.

Regarding the alarm I want to disable the shock sensors only. This feature is available in piranha remote where the shock sensors are disbaled in silent mode, but it doesn't work like that.
Just confirmed about the tyre prices with my tyre dealer sometime back. Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's in the size 225-55-R16 is for 6.2k per tyre.

Ok soo you want to deactiavte the shock-sensors, here you go!

Programming Shock Sensor On/Off:
  1. Open the Door of your vehicle.
  2. With your vehicle key in the key cylinder, turn IGN ON and then switch it OFF.
  3. Press and release the valet switch (besides the HLL device) SIX times.
  4. Press and Hold the Valet Switch.
  5. Six-chirp sound confirms entry into Shock Sensor ON/OFF programming mode.
  6. Press the transmitter LOCK button (while still holding the Valet Switch), a single chirp sound confirms the mode changed to shock sensor ON.
  7. Two-siren chirp sound confirms the mode changed to shock sensor OFF.
  8. Release the Valet Switch.
  9. Turn the IGN ON and you are done!
@Anantnehru-Yes my friend, the Nippon Security Alarm NCS-309 which comes stock with the SX4 ZXI does have Shock Sensors in it as a standard feature.

Cheers
Old 21st October 2008, 16:53   #304
BHPian

prince, thanks for the info, however wouldn't be difficult everytime to enable & disable shock sensors. I wish I had it in the remote key itself like other manufacturers.

Today I got an idea to resolve this, hope it works. When I want to lock the car without enabling the shock sensor, I can use the key to lock it so that shock sensors are not turned on. Have anyone tried this out ?
Old 21st October 2008, 18:09   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
1.Do you want to permanently put the security system in silent mode? In this mode every time you lock or unlock the car, only the hazard lights will flash like they normally do but you won't hear the beeps. But even in this mode whenever anyone tries to intrude into the car without the remote, the siren will come on as normal. Is this what you want?
Can you help me out with the setting of this?
Old 21st October 2008, 23:15   #306
BHPian

checked the dzire security system manual today,(NCS-309)for activating the shock sensor,you have some steps to be performed.also i noticed that there is another feature known as passive alarm,can anybody explain the feature of passive alarm.

thanks
Old 22nd October 2008, 20:00   #307
BHPian

Quote:
prince, thanks for the info, however wouldn't be difficult everytime to enable & disable shock sensors. I wish I had it in the remote key itself like other manufacturers.

Today I got an idea to resolve this, hope it works. When I want to lock the car without enabling the shock sensor, I can use the key to lock it so that shock sensors are not turned on. Have anyone tried this out ?
I tried this method yesterday and it worked. I had to use the key to lock the doors without enabling the sensors. To unlock again either I have use the key or first lock and then unlock with Remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
checked the dzire security system manual today,(NCS-309)for activating the shock sensor,you have some steps to be performed.also i noticed that there is another feature known as passive alarm,can anybody explain the feature of passive alarm.

thanks
I think passive alarm is that it automatically activates after a specific time like you unlock the car and doesn't open any door for certain time, it locks automatically.
Old 22nd October 2008, 20:12   #308
BHPian

Do these shock sensors work properly? In my SX4, when I activated them and set them to the highest level of sensitivity, there were still no warning alarms when we tried shaking the car etc.,. It only got activated when the steering wheel was bangled very hard with the window open!!! Its the same in my Swift as well where I got this alarm system installed!
Old 23rd October 2008, 00:02   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Can you help me out with the setting of this?
Surely Amit, Here you go!

Siren Chirp - Siren chirps are produced whenever system is armed or disarmed. This can be programmed ON/OFF as per the user requirement.

Programming Siren Chirp On/Off:
  1. Open the Door of your vehicle.
  2. With your vehicle key in the key cylinder, turn IGN ON and then switch it OFF.
  3. Press and release the valet switch (besides the HLL device) FIVE times.
  4. Press and Hold the Valet Switch.
  5. Five-chirp sound confirms entry into Siren Chirp ON/OFF programming mode.
  6. Press the transmitter LOCK button (while still holding the Valet Switch), a single chirp sound confirms the mode changed to Siren Chirp ON.
  7. Two-siren chirp sound confirms the mode changed to Siren Chirp OFF.
  8. Release the Valet Switch.
  9. Turn the IGN ON and you are done!
Cheers
Old 30th October 2008, 17:45   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Please tell me the price per tyre and if possible post the snap of your car.
Gopi and Anantnehru, here are my car/tyre pics after the tyre upgrade as requested. My apologies for the average quality of pics. They were taken from my 5mpx Nokia N82.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 - 225-55-R16 (RHS Front)
Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-30102008028.jpg

RHS Rear
Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-30102008029.jpg

Behind The RHS Rear Wheel - Notice how the tyre sits just inside the wheel well
Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-30102008030.jpg

Car Pics after the tyre upgrade
Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-30102008021.jpg
Maruti-Suzuki SX4 Zxi: Running Report-30102008023.jpg

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 30th October 2008 at 18:04.
Old 30th October 2008, 19:45   #311
BHPian

Thanks for the pics. Though it is 225/55 it still looks like the stock tyres. GC is not affected.

I am still yet to buy the tyres,planning to shop this weekend.
Old 30th October 2008, 21:36   #312
BHPian

Quote:
I am still yet to buy the tyres,planning to shop this weekend.
Thats what my point was in the discussion with you earlier in this thread. The 225-55-R16's have almost the same sidewall height as the stock 205-60-R16's. If anything, the 225-55s are marginally taller than the 205-60's.

Cheers
Old 3rd November 2008, 13:46   #313
BHPian

They look neat. But you should consider getting 16x6.5J rims, that way would come out a wee bit, just to fill up the wheel wells but not excessively. Because like has been said earlier, they do look stock.
But the tread is awesome. Do you know if these Goodyears come in 215/55s? Think I'll switch to them for my next tyre upgrade.
Have you got any mods planned for your car?

Last edited by anantnehru : 3rd November 2008 at 13:48.
Old 3rd November 2008, 17:02   #314
BHPian

Quote:

Today I enquired the tyre for Good year eagle F1, the price quoted is 8.9k per tyre which seems to be high.
Old 3rd November 2008, 18:42   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Today I enquired the tyre for Good year eagle F1, the price quoted is 8.9k per tyre which seems to be high.
Wow, thats REALLY expensive. Is it the same as Prince - 225/60? or the normal 205/60?

Most Viewed