Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 12:57   #346
BHPian

Service Manuals

I have posted a link in "Technical Discussion" in "service manual" thread for it, good to have.
Old 17th November 2008, 14:54   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
I get between 9 and 10. Sometimes, sometimes a little over 10. Everyone else here seems to be getting a little more.
OT, Friend of mine took delivery of his new city yesterday, I drove quite a bit - the paddle shift makes it alot of fun to drive. So if your dad agrees, try and get that variant.

That would be like the perfect thing happening, dad agreeing for paddle shift City. But then i need to get the city from Haryana, then only it would neat my budget, as mumbai would ne nearly 80K expensive. Lets see right now working on various permutation ad combinations of diesel and petrol options.
Old 17th November 2008, 17:17   #348
Senior - BHPian

I get 11 km/L in city with 100% AC.

Last Sunday I did Delhi - Haridwar trip with full of spirited driving and I got 14.5 km/L, again 100% AC

And I really enjoyed overtaking other cars with zip. Those who have driven Delhi-Merrut-Roorke-Haridwar route will understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshladha View Post
Hey guys, what mileage do you guys get for your Sx4s?

I am considering buying a new vehicle. Zeroed down few picks. Sx4 being one of them, apart from Honda City (if my dad approves that budget. Was also considering new Ford Ikon (TDCi), Swift VDi as other options. So guys please help!!!!

Last edited by rkbharat : 17th November 2008 at 17:19.
Old 17th November 2008, 21:45   #349
BHPian

I got about 12 point something on my way to Gwalior, you're right - overtaking is alot of fun in the Sx4.
Old 18th November 2008, 11:08   #350
BHPian

Quote:
I got about 12 point something on my way to Gwalior, you're right - overtaking is alot of fun in the Sx4.
That's an amazing mileage, which is near to impossible in city like Mumbai. My zen also never touched that, infact never crossed 10kmpl.

One reason could be its not a single driven car. Been used by all in the family of 4 and other could be, as we bought it from Haryana, the driver must have reged it like anything from haryana to mumbai....ripping the new engine.

Hence was reconsidering buying SX4...
Old 22nd November 2008, 01:18   #351
BHPian

I have regularly got 12.5 kmpl, my SX4 has done over 6k, I drive in a mixture of 75% city + 25% highway
Highest - 14 (recent trip to Goa)
Lowest - 11.65 (not sure, maybe i went into city very often during that check)
Old 29th November 2008, 14:34   #352
BHPian

Quote:
The car was taken to S.K.Maruti today and was test driven by their engineer, Nagesh. He confirmed through his senior that there is a circular from Maruti for replacement of front axles and engine mountings. However, these parts were not in stock and my car will be called back after about 10-12 days when the parts arrive in stock with them.
Amit if possible could you give me a copy of circuar,or a scanned copy of your job card where your drive shafts or mounts changed.

Any other SX4 owners even if you have changed any of the parts could you kindly post the job cards here.

I have had the engine mountings changed in my first batch SX4(may-2007) still the initial stalling problem has not come to an end,its really irritating to drive it in start-stop conditions,and the condition worsens if there are other rides at home.Off late I get a feeling the clutch is on its last legs at just 20k.

Last edited by D.V.R : 29th November 2008 at 14:36.
Old 29th November 2008, 18:37   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
I get 11 km/L in city with 100% AC.

Last Sunday I did Delhi - Haridwar trip with full of spirited driving and I got 14.5 km/L, again 100% AC
Quote:
I got about 12 point something on my way to Gwalior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
I have regularly got 12.5 kmpl, my SX4 has done over 6k, I drive in a mixture of 75% city + 25% highway
Highest - 14 (recent trip to Goa)
Lowest - 11.65 (not sure, maybe i went into city very often during that check)
It is good to hear such FE figures. A year back when I was considering I was scared by some on the initial users that SX4 as notorious for low FE unlike other vehicles from Maruti stable. For the reasonably good power that it delivers and the wider than competition tires that it provides, I would consider the numbers quoted as good.
Old 29th November 2008, 18:49   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
Amit if possible could you give me a copy of circuar,or a scanned copy of your job card where your drive shafts or mounts changed.

Any other SX4 owners even if you have changed any of the parts could you kindly post the job cards here.

I have had the engine mountings changed in my first batch SX4(may-2007) still the initial stalling problem has not come to an end,its really irritating to drive it in start-stop conditions,and the condition worsens if there are other rides at home.Off late I get a feeling the clutch is on its last legs at just 20k.
I think he is talking about front side drive shafts. I already got it replaced in May 2008 itself along with Engene mounting. Now I feel powerful engene, pulling way better.
Are you talking something new?
Old 10th December 2008, 14:41   #355
Senior - BHPian

I have a question about the climate control of my car.

1.) Temperature knob is set at a temperature lower then outside temperature.

2.) Air mode in recycle mode.

3.) Blower speed set at Auto and air flow direction also at auto.

After driving for about 20-30 minutes the air mode shifts automatically to fresh air mode. After I manually set it back to recycle mode, the setting holds good without any further issues. This has started happening in the last one month.

Is it a problem? If so what could it be? The manual says nothing about such a scenario.

Quote:
DVR, a scanned copy of the invoice showing the engine mountings and drive shafts is on page 17 of this thread.

Quote:
I have had the engine mountings changed in my first batch SX4(may-2007) still the initial stalling problem has not come to an end,its really irritating to drive it in start-stop
This is exactly what happened in my case. Ultimately, it was the clutch change that solved the issue in my car. I suggest you get your clutch changed too. The scanned invoice shows the clutch change also.

Last edited by amit : 10th December 2008 at 14:47.
Old 10th December 2008, 17:37   #356
Senior - BHPian

I remember the same happened once to my SX4 as well. but most importantly, I did not checked if it comes back to recycle mode automatically or not.

Will try it and reply back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I have a question about the climate control of my car.

After driving for about 20-30 minutes the air mode shifts automatically to fresh air mode. After I manually set it back to recycle mode, the setting holds good without any further issues. This has started happening in the last one month.

Is it a problem? If so what could it be? The manual says nothing about such a scenario.
Old 15th December 2008, 15:01   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Is it a problem?
Bumping up this thread. Any information on why the above is happening guys?
Old 15th December 2008, 15:17   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bumping up this thread. Any information on why the above is happening guys?
My pal owns a Sonata Embera and the same things happen to his car when he puts the climatizer in auto mode. He avoids the auto setting religiously.
The auto setting forces the AC to go into fresh-air mode when it finds the temperature in the car gettting cooler than the setting.
Even on long drives, it goes on and off into fresh air mode---it looks like it is programmed to do so to avoid stale air.
Old 16th December 2008, 10:49   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The auto setting forces the AC to go into fresh-air mode when it finds the temperature in the car gettting cooler than the setting.
Even on long drives, it goes on and off into fresh air mode---it looks like it is programmed to do so to avoid stale air.
But if the ACC is set in auto mode it's supposed to maintain and hold the temperature set isnt it? It shouldn't allow the temperature to fall below the level set by the driver or are you saying that it maintains and holds the temperature by shifting into fresh air mode? But, if thats the case, then why is this happening now when the car is 14 months old?

Last edited by amit : 16th December 2008 at 10:52.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:04   #360
BHPian

Restarting again with Service update
My Sx4 had a free 2nd service after 4.5K. Engine oil was not changed as it was done is 1st service. Service charges were zero.Crr sound from the timing belt was corrected and reverser gear became better after they lubricated it.
One thing i noted was unusual. When I opened the bonnet and found engine bay was not cleaned properly and as per the service man it cannot be washed with pressure water. It can only be cleaned with air pressure due to lot of electric circuit which are not covered and may get wet if washed with high pressure. Is this right. Does any SX4 owner can give the comment or experienced such thing.

Last edited by aka_iitd : 5th January 2009 at 11:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks