Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2009, 17:02   #466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Timing-belt gone bust or what?
Long story of frustration with the product and Maruti dealers. See here:

Jerking issue - Mountings and drive shaft change - Not solved.

Jerking issue - solved.

Change of clutch at 20,544kms solved the jerking issue that I faced from day one on the SX4. The car is currently at about 37,5xx kms. So the new clutch lasted for only 17,000kms?!
Old 18th July 2009, 20:02   #467
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Are MUL's component suppliers manufacturing clutches that don't even last for 40,000 kms?? There has been mention of a series of premature clutch failures on a batch of 2006 Altos. My Alto's clutch failed as well at 14,000 kms but was replaced under warranty.
Old 18th July 2009, 20:28   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Are MUL's component suppliers manufacturing clutches that don't even last for 40,000 kms?? There has been mention of a series of premature clutch failures on a batch of 2006 Altos. My Alto's clutch failed as well at 14,000 kms but was replaced under warranty.
My WagonR's clutch is still going strong, and I've completed 51K on the odo in the past 8 years. I'm not sure if they've changed the supplier later.

BTW, I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal, Amit.
Old 19th July 2009, 09:13   #469
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I'm not sure if they've changed the supplier later.
I think they have because the clutches now have a very short service life even with good driving habits. Is there any way, we can find out who is the component supplier?
Old 20th July 2009, 13:22   #470
Senior - BHPian

Using the remote lock, I can lock the car but unlocking is a major hassle. Today morning I couldn't unlock the car so used the key and the alarm went off. Constant pressing of unlock on the remote for almost half a minute resulted in the car unlocking and the alarm switching off. Is it just the cell or something else?
Old 20th July 2009, 13:35   #471
Senior - BHPian

Does it take similar effort to lock too?

Is yes then sounds like the cell is weak, though the cell shouldnt go weak so early IMO.

If no then the unlock button seems to have gone bad.
Old 20th July 2009, 13:39   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Does it take similar effort to lock too?
Locking is easy. One press and it works. Unlocking is difficult.

Quote:
Is yes then sounds like the cell is weak, though the cell shouldnt go weak so early IMO.

If no then the unlock button seems to have gone bad.
Exactly what I thought. It's too early for the cell to go weak that's why I am posting it here. If unlock button has gone bad then will it be covered by warranty? Car has done 37,5xx kms and is 20 months old.
Old 20th July 2009, 13:44   #473
Senior - BHPian

Do you have the integrated key or separate Remote?

Pardon my ignorance but for warranty was the remote provided by Maruti or dealer?
Old 20th July 2009, 13:48   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Do you have the integrated key or separate Remote?
Separate remote. It's a 2007 SX4.

When I lock the green light on the remote blinks and the car gets locked. When I unlock neither the car unlocks nor the green light blinks.

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance but for warranty was the remote provided by Maruti or dealer?
Remote provided by Maruti.

Last edited by amit : 20th July 2009 at 13:49.
Old 20th July 2009, 13:55   #475
Senior - BHPian

Hmm surely a button problem, I think you should request for remote replacement but then they may ask you to use the 2nd one (I believe two remotes would have been provided)

p.s. My Autocop's first remote has started showing signs of weak battery after 3.5 years & 43k kms of usage, just changed to the spare remote this weekend which works just like new
Old 20th July 2009, 15:13   #476
BHPian

amit, i think the issue will be with the button on the remote. Did you try using the spare remote? The observations from that should give a better idea about where the problem lay.
Old 16th August 2009, 19:37   #477
Senior - BHPian

New SX4: niggles before first servicing

Guys,

I am facing a few minor issues - want to know if any of you have faced the same, and whether you have any suggestions:

1. Squeaking seats (front seats) - especially if there is a bump, or if I move while the car is turning. Minor squeaks though

2. A 'kut kut kut' - low, but clearly audible - sound from the rear (thought it came from rear left, but could be wrong). This happens when the engine is revved, and the tachometer goes up. Especially audible in first gear. Car got caught in the recent Bangalore rains - the noice started after that

3. A wire is loose in the rear left - part of a coil is hanging (not touching the ground) - I pushed it back, and found a number of other wires behind the rear bumper (left side). Maybe it just came loose.

Car has done 650 km now. The JK tyres seem to wear off rather fast - the sides seem to have become somewhat smooth. My ER 60 Bridgestones are fine after ~ 8K km, without the same smoothening effect. Maybe it is a difference in design and appearance.
Old 16th August 2009, 21:21   #478
BHPian

I have got the squeaking seat problem which was solved during the service.Check with the dealer and ask him to fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Guys,

I am facing a few minor issues - want to know if any of you have faced the same, and whether you have any suggestions:

1. Squeaking seats (front seats) - especially if there is a bump, or if I move while the car is turning. Minor squeaks though

2. A 'kut kut kut' - low, but clearly audible - sound from the rear (thought it came from rear left, but could be wrong). This happens when the engine is revved, and the tachometer goes up. Especially audible in first gear. Car got caught in the recent Bangalore rains - the noice started after that

3. A wire is loose in the rear left - part of a coil is hanging (not touching the ground) - I pushed it back, and found a number of other wires behind the rear bumper (left side). Maybe it just came loose.

Car has done 650 km now. The JK tyres seem to wear off rather fast - the sides seem to have become somewhat smooth. My ER 60 Bridgestones are fine after ~ 8K km, without the same smoothening effect. Maybe it is a difference in design and appearance.
Old 17th August 2009, 02:37   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
When I lock the green light on the remote blinks and the car gets locked. When I unlock neither the car unlocks nor the green light blinks.
I suspect moisture to be the culprit. Put the remote under the sun for an hour or so and then try. It worked with TV, Worldspace remotes, Landline phone for me.
Old 17th August 2009, 10:39   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Guys,

Yes i am also getting some Squeaking from driver's seat when I pass over uneven surfaces. But this is the first time I am facing this in the last 2 years. I will get this fixed in my next service at 30K Kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks