Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2008, 22:18   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
I think you need to check EPS from other SX4 too.
I drove a demo SX4 from S.K.Maruti on the same roads where I drive my car and that car behaved in EXACTLY the same way as my car. I also drove a Zen Estilo and 2 Wagon R's of my colleagues and all the cars behaved in EXACTLY the same way.
Old 24th March 2008, 22:52   #167
BHPian

Upgrading from a Paliol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Palio is a different league altogether on handling aspects. It is the original road-hugger!
Its real difficult upgrading from the 1.6 Palio as cars that ride and handle better cost twice more than the humble Palio GTX. I have been scouting around for cars as a replacement for my as yet trouble free 4 and 1/2 year old Palio and the only ones that move better than the GTX is 9 lakhs and above and by that I mean the Magna diesel the Laura and the RS. I detest EPS steering and that puts a few cars in the dock.
Very difficult for me to justify shelling out so much more money for getting a car with a boot.
Bye and wear your seat belts.
Old 24th March 2008, 23:05   #168
Senior - BHPian

Like mobike said,Palio is in a league very different to the SX4.But you dont get most of the things in an sx4 in the Palio too.Its a matter of priorities buddie.
ram
Old 25th March 2008, 09:52   #169
BHPian

No Commetns

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I drove a demo SX4 from S.K.Maruti on the same roads where I drive my car and that car behaved in EXACTLY the same way as my car. I also drove a Zen Estilo and 2 Wagon R's of my colleagues and all the cars behaved in EXACTLY the same way.
I keep my fingers crossed !
Old 25th March 2008, 10:39   #170
BHPian

Many people tell that SX4 EPS is not the best. I have driven Fiesta, Verna and feel the same as SX4 with the steering, but I exactly could not find out the problem in EPS with SX4. Can anyone explain in detail.
Old 25th March 2008, 11:40   #171

I find the SX4 EPS to be quite good. Its very smooth.
Old 25th March 2008, 12:08   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Many people tell that SX4 EPS is not the best. I have driven Fiesta, Verna and feel the same as SX4 with the steering, but I exactly could not find out the problem in EPS with SX4. Can anyone explain in detail.
I second that! I have driven almost 6k kms in 2months now and have always been looking out for a nervous steering response at high speeds and twitchiness on rough roads after reading AMit's experience.

But i am not being able to detect any such problems or any other problems relating to the steering or the suspension or the car in general at high speeds and on rough roads which is out of the ordinary when compared to the other cars in its class. If anything, i love the way i can literally drive at a good speed over a rough patch of road with a great deal of confidence and the car does not disappoint me.

My only grudge is the slow speed ride is slightly bumpier compared to the Verna/Fiesta but i can live with that.

NOTE-My above mentioned feedback both positives and negatives is after a comparison with the other cars in its class/segment.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 25th March 2008 at 12:15.
Old 25th March 2008, 13:16   #173
BHPian

Hi all:

I have completed a long drive (~1000km) on my Sx4, and I loved it. I still do not experience any of the following:

- Rattling sound(s)
- Steering/EPS issues
- Lack of power when A/C on
- Clutch/gear vibration
- Engine stalling at lower rpms/speed.

My regular commute in Blr is between BTM & Sarjapur road (either via Koramangala, or via SILK board junction). People from Blr will know the peak hour traffic in this route. I used to get a consistent 10km/ltr with A/C on all the time. After my long trip, my FE with-in city has improved (~11km/ltr). I am not able to explain this phenomena .

The route I had taken during my long trip was Blr – Mysore – Gundelpet – Kalpetta – Calicut – Gvr and Back. The roads were good except for ~10-15kms. While going to Gvr (basically climbing down to the sea-level) I got a mileage of 14.5km/l. The car handled the ghat sections superbly. On the way back (climb-up) got a mileage of only 12.5km/l. Again, while climbing-up & hair-pins, the car was amazing in handling. I did not even slow down on small-multiple humps, and suspension & GC really handled them well. Even after this, no rattling sound.

The only niggle I have is when the Sun is placed opposite (especially in the morning & evenings) at around 60-70degrees. The wind shield reflects the dash area and visibility drops drastically. This was an issue with my earlier car (Zen) also, but with Sx4, I feel the visibility drops further. Could be because of the tinted-glass. I think, I have to live with this.

Btw, I have also put art-leather permanent seat cover (beige & dark grey combination) and it really turned very good. I spent 9k for it (did not bargain at all. He showed me two variety of art-leather and I just picked the higher version). This coupled with MGA transparent floor mat gives a really good visual effect to the car interior.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff :Posting with text formatting like Color & Font tags should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th March 2008 at 13:42.
Old 25th March 2008, 13:17   #174
BHPian

SX4 Left Tail Light Price

I had a accident and lost the tail light.
Any Body has some idea on cost of this in delhi or noida.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:41   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Rattling sound(s)
- Steering/EPS issues
- Lack of power when A/C on
- Clutch/gear vibration
- Engine stalling at lower rpms/speed.
Of these, I only experience the clutch vibration.. I was told that certain clutch parts need to be replaced and that they will call.. so still waiting!
Old 25th March 2008, 19:09   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I second that! I have driven almost 6k kms in 2months now and have always been looking out for a nervous steering response at high speeds and twitchiness on rough roads after reading AMit's experience.

Cheers
I got it right now. So SX4 handles well and doesn't have problems with EPS. In Santro I used to be nervous after 100 and have to hold the steering tightly, but this one is a pleasure, can be holded with a single hand even at 140.

The ride at higher speed is very good, that even if you go over a speed breaker at 60 you don't feel that, but if you cross the same speed braker at 20-30 your ride is not good.

And the visibility issue is still a problem when the sun is directly. The dashboard gets reflected even though it is black. Any suggestions to overcome this ??
Old 25th March 2008, 20:28   #177
BHPian

Friends,my SX4 has completed 10k kms from the first day itself i felt that my car had a problem while moving it from standstill position. The problem is while I try to move it from the stand still posn i release the clutch a bit and depress the accelerator at the same time , but the vehicle gives me a jerk and the RPM meter goes below 500 ....and a few times it stalls.But the thing is the problem dissapears if i release the cluth slowly with pressing the accelerator the vehicle moves smoothly without any jerk.

I have had quite a few arguments with the M.A.S.S people they give answers like the SX4 has a Drive By Wire Accelerator hence it is like that.Are they right?
Old 26th March 2008, 12:53   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
Friends,my SX4 has completed 10k kms from the first day itself i felt that my car had a problem while moving it from standstill position. The problem is while I try to move it from the stand still posn i release the clutch a bit and depress the accelerator at the same time , but the vehicle gives me a jerk and the RPM meter goes below 500 ....and a few times it stalls.But the thing is the problem dissapears if i release the cluth slowly with pressing the accelerator the vehicle moves smoothly without any jerk.

I have had quite a few arguments with the M.A.S.S people they give answers like the SX4 has a Drive By Wire Accelerator hence it is like that.Are they right?

I had the same problem, when moving from standstill it will give some sound and when I ask the service guys, he says it is because of drive by wire. After 1000 rpm it will not come. Like the sound we get when ABS gets activated, here light sound comes when starting in 1st gear. Also the car stalls from 3rd to 2nd, think because of torque.
Old 27th March 2008, 23:18   #179
BHPian

Hehe we are back at the stalling issue again . Anyways guys need some info from the SX4 owners here,specially ppl from bangalore.Can you tell me what brand sun film have you guys gone for, how much did it cost and any place you recommend for me.

Thanks
Old 28th March 2008, 13:33   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
. Also the car stalls from 3rd to 2nd, think because of torque.
Are you sure this is because of torque? Many members have reported this issue.
How come my Fiesta does not stall then?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks