Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2008, 16:46   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Amit, you are spot on... its all the drift shaft problem.. high time to insist your dealer to change the shaft..and then experience the difference
Hey guys, Should I also ask the dealer to do the same. I am facing the same problem. I am very sad about this
Old 25th June 2008, 17:40   #197
BHPian

Okay guys an update from myside,After repeated visits and complaints to my service centre regarding the vehicle starting in traffic et all to my Sevice centre Varun Motors didn't prove to be futile I sent a mail to MSIL regarding this.

After 3 days I recieve a call from the service centre asking to get my vehicle to there place for checking.Dad and myself took the vehicle there.My dad spoke with GM there regarding this and told him that Engine mounts and Drive shafts have to be changed .The GM insists that there was no notification from MSIL regardind the change .My Dad justbtells him one thing that either you change the Engine mounts and driveshafts or else keep the vehicle with themselves.They later agree to change it and agree to give me the vehicle by evening.

At around 7 in the evening the service advisor calls and tells me that the vehicle is ready.I ask him have they changed the Drive shafts and Engine mounts.He replys back saying that both of them are changed and even engineers from maruti have changed the vehicle .The vehicle is sent by their driver to my place at around 7:30.I receive the vehicle and go for a drive in it.The vehicle was much more smoother compared to before and the engine jerking was reduced to some extant but not completely.Earlier when the gears were slotted it used to make a sound but now there was no sound and the gearbox was smooth.I sign few papers and send away the driver.I was charged nothing.

The next day when I examined the vehicle it neatly washed and polished,interiors clened.I find an bill on the backseat.The bill particulars were for the engine mounts totaling to about Rs.5000.There is nothing about the drive shafts.I feel that even if they have not changed the drive shafts it is okay as the vehicle was better.

For the next few days the vehicle was not driven much.Yesterday dad and myself had gone out of the city for about 300 kms in it.We reached the city outskirts at about 8 in the evening, through out 6the day yhere not much problem with it ,we felt that the pick up of the vehicle had improved in the 2 gear.There was heavy trafic in the city.In the stop and go traffic the vehicle came back to its orginal state .It stalled two times in the traffic .Drove it back home the same way like earlier while moving it from idle,that is using a bit heavy hoot on acc.

Today in the morning when i took the vehicle to the club none of the problems faced yesterday were there.This has led me into a thought taht the problem is happening if the engine is haot or driven over a long period.Should I speak with people at the workshop and get the drivrshafts changed?Kindly help.

By the way the vehicle belongs to the initial lot.We took the delivery on 9/5/07.It was the first vehicle deliver by the dealer.Its done 16000 kms.Running on Synthetic oil since 11000 kms.
Old 25th June 2008, 21:06   #198
Senior - BHPian

D.V.R, Rk Bharat,
My car also used to sudder a bit and stall frequently whn being driven in bumper to bumper traffic at a slow speed or in stop and go traffic. I took my car to Mororcraft, the Asst Works Mgr took a lengthy test drive and asked me to leave the car with them as MSIL engineers were visiting them on that day.

In the evening the car was returned and it is much better now with no stalling/ shuddering. They had recaliberated the throttle body and the same had done the trick.
Old 25th June 2008, 22:40   #199
BHPian

d.v.r
how did you write to msil
please enlighten
Old 25th June 2008, 23:47   #200
BHPian

Hi drbabuanand,

Writing to MSIL is pretty simple.All you have to do is to open there site,just Google it.Once you open there sitc click on the 'Contact Us' tab.That's it.
Old 27th June 2008, 07:58   #201
BHPian

d.v.r
thanks will do that
Old 28th June 2008, 11:09   #202
Senior - BHPian

The car was taken to S.K.Maruti today and was test driven by their engineer, Nagesh. He confirmed through his senior that there is a circular from Maruti for replacement of front axles and engine mountings. However, these parts were not in stock and my car will be called back after about 10-12 days when the parts arrive in stock with them.
Old 1st July 2008, 11:32   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
He confirmed through his senior that there is a circular from Maruti for replacement of front axles and engine mountings.
Can you please confirm if this is for all the SX4s manufactured or only for those of particular manufacture month/period. I've asked my service advisor if there is a circular on drive shaft replacements but have always heard a -ve response.
Old 1st July 2008, 13:22   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_bhp View Post
Can you please confirm if this is for all the SX4s manufactured or only for those of particular manufacture month/period. I've asked my service advisor if there is a circular on drive shaft replacements but have always heard a -ve response.
Tell the dealer that you have stalling problem and vibrations and then insist them to change it or go to some other dealer and change it. I have changed it though I don't have major issues, after changing it the car has become smoother in the 1st/2nd gears.
Old 2nd July 2008, 10:17   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Tell the dealer that you have stalling problem and vibrations and then insist them to change it or go to some other dealer and change it. I have changed it though I don't have major issues, after changing it the car has become smoother in the 1st/2nd gears.
Not only smoother but also more pickup. You can feel engine is not straining while on slope. I measured the difference in my Pune-Dive Agar- Murud Janjira - Alibag -Pen - Pune travel, before and after drive shaft replacement. In all ghat sections the difference was quite visible. Also mileage improved a little. I used to take 32 liters for this journey. After drive shaft replacement it come down to 28 liters.
Old 2nd July 2008, 15:31   #206
BANNED

Reg stalling problem and vibrations

Hello everybody,

I am not able to understand what exactly is the stalling problem and vibrations you guys are talking about.

Can u please explain in details wat these problems are.

I have just got my 1st service done and havn't noticed any such problem.

Just want to ensure if evrything is fine or even I need to get the things changed in warranty.
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:33   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@nnaR@ce View Post
Hello everybody,

I am not able to understand what exactly is the stalling problem and vibrations you guys are talking about.

Can u please explain in details wat these problems are.

I have just got my 1st service done and havn't noticed any such problem.

Just want to ensure if evrything is fine or even I need to get the things changed in warranty.
My friend,

Congratulations for your car and don't be panic.

Your car seems to be from latest batch and may not have all of these issues. These seems car issues having following details.
1. Low pickup while starting from standstill , engine stalls after releasing clutch whatever smooth transition it is. (On slope no time to change your right foot from break to accelerator in flash of moment while balanced on clutch. Engine dies.)
- for some people's Car it was diagnosed to throttle body caliberation issue, and nothing required to be changed.

- For some Cars like mine, Maruti recognized this car from specific batch which needs front drive shafts to be changed. They changed under waranty.

2. Starting in 1st gear from standstill engine vibration were severe which shaken whole car. You can feel dash-board, all panes are vibrating.
- This was engine mount (3 rubber pieces over engine rests) issue. solved by replacing it under waranty.

Hope this clears your doubts.

Last edited by omishra : 3rd July 2008 at 10:49.
Old 3rd July 2008, 14:16   #208
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
My friend,

Congratulations for your car and don't be panic.

Your car seems to be from latest batch and may not have all of these issues. These seems car issues having following details.
1. Low pickup while starting from standstill , engine stalls after releasing clutch whatever smooth transition it is. (On slope no time to change your right foot from break to accelerator in flash of moment while balanced on clutch. Engine dies.)
- for some people's Car it was diagnosed to throttle body caliberation issue, and nothing required to be changed.

- For some Cars like mine, Maruti recognized this car from specific batch which needs front drive shafts to be changed. They changed under waranty.

2. Starting in 1st gear from standstill engine vibration were severe which shaken whole car. You can feel dash-board, all panes are vibrating.
- This was engine mount (3 rubber pieces over engine rests) issue. solved by replacing it under waranty.

Hope this clears your doubts.

Thanks OMishra...really appreciate ur reply....

in regards to pt. no 1, wat I noticed is when I start from stand Still the rpm drops a little bit and then rises. This results in a little jerk. Is this normal or it needs to be addressed.

I think Its the problem with the right proportaion of clutch and accelerator being released, will need some more practice to get used to it. Wat do u think??

in regards to pt no. 2, The whole car doesn't vibrates but it feels as if the engine is vibrating when I start in first gear. this also happens when I put the car in reverse gear and release clutch. This doesn't happen evrytime but sumtimes I can feel this. Wat do u think this is???
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:13   #209
BHPian

Quote:
in regards to pt. no 1, wat I noticed is when I start from stand Still the rpm drops a little bit and then rises. This results in a little jerk. Is this normal or it needs to be addressed.

I think Its the problem with the right proportaion of clutch and accelerator being released, will need some more practice to get used to it. Wat do u think??
Its matter of practice

Quote:
in regards to pt no. 2, The whole car doesn't vibrates but it feels as if the engine is vibrating when I start in first gear. this also happens when I put the car in reverse gear and release clutch. This doesn't happen evrytime but sumtimes I can feel this. Wat do u think this is???
Little vibration is there, consider 1200+ kg is being moved from rest. I felt all over vibrations including coins in ash tray, CD's in glove box, pedals.

Last edited by omishra : 3rd July 2008 at 15:17.
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:32   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
Its matter of practice

Little vibration is there, consider 1200+ kg is being moved from rest. I felt all over vibrations including coins in ash tray, CD's in glove box, pedals.
In my case, it does not shakes/vibrates like hell. Just a little vibration.

and now I feel its the combination of Clutch/accelerator that I need to learn, specially as I am coming from 100K km of diesel car background(Indica).

In my car this happenes mostly in bumper to bumper traffic. If I pickup from idle in open space, I can manage to pickup without stalling the car or any vibration.

Most Viewed