Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2007, 17:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Considering that the top end version (even without the optional sunroof) will cost more than 5 lakhs on road Delhi (excluding discounts), the A/T may be launched (if at all) in a lower spec version only.
Old 1st November 2007, 19:29   #32

Hi Folks, finally i m in TBHP with my first post on my new car booking , yes, i booked I10 Magna today itself and couldn't able to stop my excitement on sharing this new with TBHP members as i m a regular follower of TBHP.

Here are my booking details :
i booked I10 magna (gray), on road price is 4.54lks (hyderabad) and i would be getting my car on this sunday.

Here are my impressions which made me choose I10 over Santro XO (which i booked last month n canceled it for I10 today)

Exteriors :
refreshing, i opted Gray colored and front grill with H badge in combination with gray color body felt great to me.

Side look, it looked like a compact car as in fact its B segment car, but surprisingly the front view gives u a feel of a big car
Rear view was good not nothing special except the boot release with H badge

Interiors :
This is what made me to choosing this beauty over Santro. No comparison to any car in this segment, in fact the interiors are better to most cars of B+ segment.
I m 5'10 n when adjusted properly myself in the driver seat i felt the I-Steering was really cool to use. i don't want to detail more on interiors as we had good enough from all our members already.
rear seating was comfortable and was better compared to santro & WagonR. In Santro i used to feel like i am sitting on rather than sitting in the seat. Better thing about the rear is, hand rest with PW switches on then unlike in santro. Rear width was best in comparison to any car in this segment.
Surprisingly when u get into the car, u definitely feel like u r in a big car, probably that cud be because of the refreshing interiors.
I disliked on thing in the interiors. There cud have been more storage slots been provided like in WaganR.
speakers slots are provided in all the 4 doors, so i need to see how they will sound.
Boot space is almost similar to Santro, a boot light has been provided in magna.

Well, now the most awaited one, abt the drive. I was lucky to get a TD even though there was no TD officially started in Hyd. I got it through my friend.
They got me the test vehicle which was already loaded with 3 H-people, so with me it was 4. First impression when i opened the Test vechicle, WOW what a cool AC (surprisingly blower was at 2 level). Its was in fact terrific. I initially sat in the rear to feel the comfort. Its good.
I then moved to the driver seat, adjusted to my comfort and immediately felt the gear position was really good. Thanks to HY for their initiation in the B segment.
I gear shift felt little hard, i know it happens to be with new vehicle. But from 2-3-4 was good.
With I10, H is going ga ga over the engine(IRDE) refinement n i felt its true, it was really noiseless. absolute calm cabin.
I was surprised with the torque. With 4 members on board, in third gear i was able to move on the speed breakers with out any gear shift and that too with AC on and absolutely there was NO rattling at all. It gave a confidence of lower gear shift even in our heavy traffic.

Well to sum up all, i decided to give up 40K for, best interiors, similar feature of XO, refreshing looks, well refined 16V engine (santro was 12Volves engine), nice torque, and good I-touches like steering, front seats etc, etc.

Will post u the images once i get my much awaited car I10.

hope this will help if anyone is considering I10.
Old 1st November 2007, 20:39   #33
BHPian

[quote=Kalyan_I10;613815]Hi Folks, finally i m in TBHP with my first post on my new car booking , yes, i booked I10 Magna today itself and couldn't able to stop my excitement on sharing this new with TBHP members as i m a regular follower of TBHP.

congrats buddy ... getting the car on sunday would be great ... wow how exciting to be amongst the first ones to own keep us updated
Old 1st November 2007, 20:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyan_I10 View Post
Hi Folks, finally i m in TBHP with my first post on my new car booking , yes, i booked I10 Magna today
Good choice. Congrats....! Get ready to answers questions from passerby's; kitna hua, kya milage hai, etc. etc.
Old 1st November 2007, 20:58   #35
BHPian

Great review shobit15! You seem to have looked into every possible information to test out. The brakes not performing as how we expected is one downside I guess. Did you take any pictures of the interior?

I hope this comes with a better & refined Auto tranny than the Santro.

Btw, kalyan_I10, congrats on your booking for i10. Hope you recieve it soon and be the first BHPian to get it, and I hope it lives up to all your expectations.

cya
A
Old 1st November 2007, 21:07   #36
BHPian

Kalyan,
Congratulations! Think you are the first tbhpian to get the car. Be the first one to give a detailed review. Hope you come for the next G2G, so that we can have a good look of your car.
Old 1st November 2007, 21:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Kalyan..Cant wait to TD this car and Getz CRDI.
Old 1st November 2007, 21:14   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks, finally i m in TBHP with my first post on my new car booking , yes, i booked I10 Magna today itself and couldn't able to stop my excitement on sharing this new with TBHP members as i m a regular follower of TBHP.
congrats on your new baby. btw which hyundai showroom is open on thi Sunday in Hyd ? Are you the first one to get the delivery ? If so, anything special planned from dealer side ? Do post all your experiences. Congrats once again.
Old 1st November 2007, 22:08   #39
BHPian

Congrats

Congrat Kalyan! Do post some pictures, once you receive the car.

How about the braking duirng your TD? Did you feel any skidding?
Old 1st November 2007, 22:37   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
congrats on your new baby. btw which hyundai showroom is open on thi Sunday in Hyd ? Are you the first one to get the delivery ? If so, anything special planned from dealer side ? Do post all your experiences. Congrats once again.
I booked it @ Talwar Begempet. They will prepare the vehicle on saturday, like installing the music system, remote locking and other accessories. i asked them to deliver the vehicle on sunday as its dasami and they agreed to it. They said like they got 30 cars in the first bunch and said 20+ were booked already which they wud be delivering till nxt week. They said it might take a month more to get the next batch.
Old 2nd November 2007, 00:13   #41

Kalyan,

Congratulations on your new car. Do keep us posted esp. on the braking aspect. Congrats once again.
Old 2nd November 2007, 00:42   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I booked it @ Talwar Begempet. They will prepare the vehicle on saturday, like installing the music system, remote locking and other accessories. i asked them to deliver the vehicle on sunday as its dasami and they agreed to it. They said like they got 30 cars in the first bunch and said 20+ were booked already which they wud be delivering till nxt week. They said it might take a month more to get the next batch.
Are you getting these accessories free as in Santro ? Or you paying extra for it ? If its free then it is real VFM especially the Magna.
Old 2nd November 2007, 01:56   #43

Does this have temperature/climate control on A/C, probably fully loaded one should had this feature.
Old 2nd November 2007, 09:21   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
Did you take any pictures of the interior?
I thought since the pics are already there on the web, I didn't click.

Congrats Kalyan_I10. What is the ex-showroom price for Hyderabad ?

Last edited by shobhit15 : 2nd November 2007 at 09:26.
Old 2nd November 2007, 13:08   #45
BHPian

Congrats Kalyan for your i10. First team-bhp member to own an i10!!

When is the delivery? Do post pics once you get the car!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks