Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2008, 18:02   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
An average mileage of 16 kmpl in a Safari with AC on and speeds between 120-130 going up to 150? Well, well, well........well, well, well......(running out of words actually & desperately searching for a "raised eyebrows" smiley).

Guys, at this rate the Safari will start giving the NHC ZX a run for its money?

Hey you guys are really scaring me. Does my vehicle has any problem ??? Is it really producing 140 BHP??

Now I really doubt whether I missed any xtra litres while calculating. Or did any fuel guy filled in more diesel than what I paid for . Anyways now I feel really proud my beast. Anyways I'm eagerly waiting for Mar 20 for my next trip to TVM, though I am not feeling that confident to get the same figures.
Old 6th March 2008, 18:24   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I hope my calculation is correct and if its correct, then I got a mileage of 16 for the entire trip out which 1100KM was run @ max 100 KM/hr and remaining @ 120-130KM/hr.

I'll be going to TVM once again on Mar 20th. I can give you the figures once I reach there. But as of today, In city I'm getting only 9-10. Filled Shell two weeks back. But couldn't do much driving as I was out of station.
We will meet,maybe a small TBHP meet at Tvm.
Old 6th March 2008, 18:57   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
We will meet,maybe a small TBHP meet at Tvm.
Sure jkdas, count me in. I'll be there in TVM from 21 to 26 (probably )
Old 6th March 2008, 21:09   #259
Senior - BHPian

My responses in Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
thanks harjeev,

i now await the 12th when i get my hands on my babe as well!!

where is this shop, do you have a tel no / contact details etc - would all be very helpful (pm would be fantastic man)
its in Karol Bagh. If you are coming from the HanumanJis statues side (panchikiun road) take the road after pusa road , the one that goes into karol bagh. After driving down about half a kilometer at the 2nd crossing, you would see 3 tyre shops on your RHS. (I think Kartar Ttyre, Kanwal Tyre and there is one more). From this crossing take a left turn and after you go about 200 meters this shop would be on your RHS.

in your opinion and this question is open to all the guys who have tata vehicles in delhi - is vivek a better bet or pahwa motors a better bet for buying a vehicle from. i've used vivek for my palio that i still own - they've sc$£!ed me around this time round and i've just sent an e mail cancelling booking with them in favour of pahwa.
In my opinion Pawa is better. There is a guy there by the name of Mr. Tripathi. He would be great help. Also he bargains alot, so try to get a good deal. From what Ive read on the forum there is a good disc going on, so try hard. Further tell him that you are a shareholder of TataMotors. Maybe that would get you an additional discount.
@aburagohain
Thanks for the pic. I would upload mine. In my beast I have fixed the camera just below the numberplate and was thinking of fixing a rectangular light on the panel where you've fixed your camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I hope my calculation is correct and if its correct, then I got a mileage of 16 for the entire trip out which 1100KM was run @ max 100 KM/hr and remaining @ 120-130KM/hr.

I'll be going to TVM once again on Mar 20th. I can give you the figures once I reach there. But as of today, In city I'm getting only 9-10. Filled Shell two weeks back. But couldn't do much driving as I was out of station.
hey dont think much. Its a 2 ton mammoth that we all are driving. So, in my opinion, differences of a couple of km here and there dosent really make that much of a difference.

BTW what I think is that the correct FE can be measure on a tankful to tankful. Make sure that you use the autocut in the diesel dispensing machine. Note down the KM on the ODO. Once driven for substantial no of KM refill again then thats your real efficiency.
Came across this really great article on FE
Article How to get the maximum FE
Old 6th March 2008, 23:54   #260
BHPian

thanks harjeev.

will have a look when i get to karol bagh. i've finally decided to go with vivek - they came over all honey and cream when they got the cancellation order... !

not only did they start desperately calling up, but miraculously a black beauty was delivered to the stockyard last night!!!! went and had a look at her in the afternoon and have okayed it. have managed to wring an autocop 3198 remote locking system out of them as well as some mudflaps.. he was offering a 5 k cash discount in place.

will now have it delivered on the 12th as i'm traveling abroad from tomorrow. can't wait to get my hands on her though !!

cheers guys.
Old 7th March 2008, 12:58   #261
Senior - BHPian

here are the pics of my reverse cam.aburagohain as I was telling that I have fixed it just beow the no plate and the space just below the cam I would fix a rectangular light.

The pic of the screen

@bIte tHe bulLet congratulations on getting one step closer towards reclaiming your life
Old 7th March 2008, 14:31   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
The pic of the screen

@bIte tHe bulLet congratulations on getting one step closer towards reclaiming your life
Harjeev, Does the screen need wiring or is it some wireless kind of thing.. I'm curious how easy/difficult it is to pull a wire to the screen..

thanks
Srini
Old 7th March 2008, 14:40   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Harjeev, Does the screen need wiring or is it some wireless kind of thing.. I'm curious how easy/difficult it is to pull a wire to the screen..

thanks
Srini
It is wired and its easy to pull a wire for the screen.
Old 7th March 2008, 14:56   #264
BHPian

@srini
there is a cable that connects the camera and your ICE video out if any to the mirror, it is pulled from beneath the left sun visor normally and is not visible till the point it actually goes into the socket on the mirror, about 2-3 inch would be visible, pretty well hidden.
there are two video-in ports on the mirror, so the extra one can be connected to a dvd player in case you want, but that may be distracting to the driver, so plan accordingly while making decisions.
cheers!
Old 7th March 2008, 15:19   #265
Senior - BHPian

abu; can we have a pix when the camera is on?

day and night version.
Old 7th March 2008, 16:14   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post

thanks
Srini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
It is wired and its easy to pull a wire for the screen.
shsrini the screen as jkdas has said is wired and is attached to the stereo of the car.
I will try to put a couple of pics of the screen wire.
Old 7th March 2008, 17:16   #267
BHPian

its a very simple setup:

Camera: the wire is connected to the screen with the reverse gear backlight in between. This helps to initiate camera when u reverse

Screen: Its connected to camera through the reverse light. It is also connected to the Video CD or DVD player if you have one so that you can play movies on the screen.

Its a very simple setup and taken less than 30 min. to fix....

Screen is a simple clip-on and just hangs over the OEM Inner rear view mirror.
Old 7th March 2008, 17:27   #268
Senior - BHPian

Rajeev,

What make/brand of reverse cam have you installed ?
Old 7th March 2008, 20:49   #269
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Hey. I own a 2.2. Lets admit that there is a noise and this does not go off completely.

Plus be aware of steering problems. Firstly it is hard. Secondly you can feel the pot holes on the steering. The vibration gets trasferred to your hand. The Dealers have openly accepted this problem. This mainly because of the tilt adjustable steering. The teeth that is supposed to lock the tilt is of bad quality and gets easily worn off. I have got this replaced twice already (the entire column and assembly) and still have rattling noice. Now am living with it till Tata's come up with a solution?!
Continuing with the issue discussion on this thread:

After 7.5 k with 2.2 LX, I haven't felt no "big humming noises" ever, only it has definitely become smoother and quieter.

Going through all kinds of road, real bad some of them, from day one itself, I dont feel any steering play or feeling the potholes on the steering.

But then for you they changed the whole assembly, so there must be some issue over here. Can you try out the other dealer service, or do write directly to TATA motors contact asking for their opinion.

Would like to have other Safari owners feedback particularly regarding this issue - "you can feel the pot holes on the steering"
Old 8th March 2008, 10:41   #270
Senior - BHPian

Adc, I saw you dont have LTOR, so do you plan to change the oil at 7.5k i.e. NOW ??.

Since its recommended in the OM to change oil if the running is more in the city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks