Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:20   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
hey guys thanks to simply_sunny001, tsk1979, trance_nut, rkbharat, abbey4u, suman, adc, rajismine, babureddy, vkochar, overdose14 for your good wishes and support. After reading all your comments I am now breathing much more easier.

3. The AC is also not working. I mean it works for about 5 minutes then switches off the blower keeps running though.

correct. I have read in the manual that there is a limp home mode on the safari 2.2.

1st could be that the vehicle could have taken some air as the showroom people put very less diesel at the time of delivery. Cauz of this there sensor sensed air and has limited the RPM to 1700 RPM
Thanks, it was pleasure to support you (in fact all bhpian had to pleasure do so) and i read your post in a hurry and forgot about AC,
i had same problem of AC switching off after some time,
actually refrigerant pressure in system must be high and pressure switch cuts the compressor whenever there is high pressure, take it to A.S.S. and tell them to reduce gas pressure and then see it same problem occurs or not.

and last night mine AC conked off, and in morning when i inspected it was a blown fuse.

2.2 is definitely a good choice as its new and more sophisticated.

Limp mode is activated whenever there is water in fuel and which need to be drained from filter located close to fuel tank.

so no need to worry, i am owner of 2nd one, first DICOR affair was not so good because of retro fitments but after looking at all other car's finally came back to DICOR and regretted why sold old one. even new one bugged me a lot but now it is ok( touchwood).
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

thanks Bruty Dragonov, himanshugoswami, dadu

Now let me put everything to rest and you guy wont belive that what happened and what was the cause. Though I belive that bruty has an idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
what kind of PDI they do. One thing
Yes you guessed it right. The problem was with the PDI or I should say the lac of it.
Anyways the service engineer came to my office in the morning and at first he kept checking the car with his laptop which showed nothing just that the car was overheating. The coolant temp was very high about 125 degrees. The engineer said that it should not be more than 90 degrees. The radiator was working fine but the problem with the car was the same.

they kept checking the beast for about 30 minutes but no error and the car was revving but the ac was not working.
Anyways took the car for a spin and again I started feeling a little tense as they were not able to locate the problem.

Drove for about 5-6 KMs and then the executive told me to park the car on the side. Though it was working properly. I parked on the side and he went to inspect engine of the car. In less than a minute the problem was identified.

There were two large cardboard sheets in between the AC condenser and the radiator (the size of the radiator itself) as a result of which the car was overheating and due to the overheating the Central Unit was switching off the AC and activating the 'Limp to Home Mode'

I was so happy I cant explain in words. It was something so simple and cause such a big problem. After this I drove the car for another 30-35 KMs and no problem whatsoever. The executive told me that I should be thankful that the Control Unit had reduced the speed of the car otherwise if I had kept driving the car there was a likeliness that the engine would have burnout or there would have been some other major problem with the car. It was because of the Control Unit the car had been caused no harm. Anyways now I can rest easy and really begin to enjoy my beast and on my way to MAKE MY OWN ROAD

Now there is no problem with the AC the chilling is great and the temp gauge is also at the half level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Although this is no consolation for Safari, but get in touch with the Regional managers, if they dont respond to you, let me know, I will provide you with contacts of some senior people involved in Safari product management, right in the heart of TATA motors.
Yeah please send me the contacts of senior ppl at Tata Motors as I am going to write a letter to Tata Motors so if anytime in future if there is a problem connected with this issue arises I have something on record.

P.S. one thing the service guy told me that initially during the testing of the 2.2 there was a small issue with the starter motor. The beast did not start after a long run. But Tatas identified the problem and all 2.2 beasts are being sold with new starter motors.
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev, glad to know that your issue was resolved - yes, sometimes its something insignificant which causes a big problem

Quote:
Yeah please send me the contacts of senior ppl at Tata Motors as I am going to write a letter to Tata Motors so if anytime in future if there is a problem connected with this issue arises I have something on record.
Just my two cents but I would suggest that you don't write anything now. Since the workshop has been reasonably prompt & efficient in fixing the problem, writing an e-mail will result in Tatamotors sending the "complaint" back to the workshop - this in turn will upset the workshop who will feel that you complained "unnecessarily". Will create bad blood between you & the workshop.

So use the e-mail complaint route ONLY when you find the workshop is not attending to your complaint promptly or are not being able to resolve the issue.

As I said, just my two cents..........................
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new Safari purchase and I'm glad to see that your problem had been taken care of before I even posted. I went through the whole thread before I thought of replying. I know how disappointing it is when you have problems as soon as you take your new car home. But alls well that ends well.

Enjoy your car and I hope to see updates based on Long term ownership now. Some pictures of the beast in this thread would do nicely.
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:33   #35
BHPian

Thats great. All is well that ends well. Hope you enjoy troublefree and long journeys in the SAFARi.
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:36   #36
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways now I can rest easy and really begin to enjoy my beast and on my way to MAKE MY OWN ROAD

Hey that's great news and what a relief. I will let you know about the radiator fan timing [how long it runs after shutdown] shortly.

Again enjoy the 2.2 with a open mind, it is a great vehicle - I love the 3rd gear range.l
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:
thanks Bruty Dragonov, himanshugoswami, dadu

There were two large cardboard sheets in between the AC condenser and the radiator (the size of the radiator itself) as a result of which the car was overheating and due to the overheating the Central Unit was switching off the AC and activating the 'Limp to Home Mode'

I was so happy I cant explain in words. It was something so simple and cause such a big problem. After this I drove the car for another 30-35 KMs and no problem whatsoever. The executive told me that I should be thankful that the Control Unit had reduced the speed of the car otherwise if I had kept driving the car there was a likeliness that the engine would have burnout or there would have been some other major problem with the car. It was because of the Control Unit the car had been caused no harm. Anyways now I can rest easy and really begin to enjoy my beast and on my way to MAKE MY OWN ROAD

Now there is no problem with the AC the chilling is great and the temp gauge is also at the half level

This time it was Card board sheets, turbanman had a battery cable loosely connected, no major issues reported as yet on 2.2, I guess we all are waiting with baited breath for New ownership reports with issues and flood the particular thread with lots of "it could be this..." answers. I guess the Safari 2.2 is a survivor and will also survive this phase of its life! Happy riding.

As Chamillionaire raps it "…wanting to catch me riding dirty.....my music so loud ...”

Last edited by JUDA : 2nd November 2007 at 17:40. Reason: Removed unwanted quoted text
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:54   #38
BHPian

harjeev what a relief, at the end now yo can enjoy your beats and teh weekend for nice long drive. Cograte mate again.
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:55   #39
BHPian

Congrats on this absolutely beautiful beast of a machine.

I do understand your agony but am sure the pleasure of owning a perfect SUV is something you can relish with the 2.2. VTT.

Cheers and look forward to a few pics and ur experiences on the same.
Old 2nd November 2007, 18:06   #40
BHPian

Got my Mountain Green EX a few hours back. What a car uuhh or should I say Truck
Old 2nd November 2007, 18:34   #41
BHPian

Quote:
The executive told me that I should be thankful that the Control Unit had reduced the speed of the car otherwise if I had kept driving the car there was a likeliness that the engine would have burnout or there would have been some other major problem with the car.
What?? You should be thankful or he and his bretheren should be thankful that you didn't break the head of the person responsible after learning about the cause.

Please do speak to the owner of dealership or the GM and express your discomfort about this incident. Tell them that you are thinking about escalating the issue to Tata Motors. Most probably, the dealer would try to convince you not to do so. If you do them this favor, this might be a good starting point in your relationship.

With Tata vehicles, having good relations with the dealer doesn't hurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
- yes, sometimes its something insignificant which causes a big problem
With Tata, its mostly the seemingly insignificant and small things that present themselves as a big problem.
P.S: This must be one of the very few posts where I've used my quota of two smileys. Seeing a fellow Safari owner overcome initial niggles makes the safari-brotherhood happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbobo View Post
Got my Mountain Green EX a few hours back. What a car uuhh or should I say Truck
Congratulations man! Is this mountain green darker than the river-rock green that they used to have earlier?

Last edited by Su-47 : 2nd November 2007 at 18:52. Reason: Congratulating djbobo
Old 2nd November 2007, 18:44   #42
BHPian

Quote:
There were two large cardboard sheets in between the AC condenser and the radiator (the size of the radiator itself) as a result of which the car was overheating
A sigh of relief in the end

Quote:
I was so happy I cant explain in words.
That makes me happy too. I am also in the queue of owning one.

Quote:
I should be thankful that the Control Unit had reduced the speed of the car otherwise if I had kept driving the car there was a likeliness that the engine would have burnout or there would have been some other major problem with the car. It was because of the Control Unit the car had been caused no harm.
And thats one of the good feature of 2.2. This shows the benefit for going for advanced product. (Even the Vista had bugs after release but it doesn't mean it was not better than XP)
Old 2nd November 2007, 19:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How did those cardboard sheets get there???????

They dont 'pack' the engine and send them to the dealer, do they? How can you have large pieces of cardboard inside the engine?
Old 2nd November 2007, 19:55   #44
rkg
Senior - BHPian

safari 2.2 sold 1700+ on the first month

as per the new paper ET safari 2.2 sold some1700+ in the october month
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:02   #45
BHPian

Hey djbobo,

Congrats and welcome to the 2.2 club. Please check engine bay for loose battery cables and pieces of cardboard. If you have not already done so.

t

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbobo View Post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks