Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2007, 12:09   #1
BHPian

Santro Xing:500 Km review

Hi All,

Its been now 20 days I have been with my new Santro Xing and I would like to share my experience on various aspects of the car.

1.Engine

The 1086cc is very smooth and powerful.The pick up of the car is also very good.But well there is a loss of power with the AC on(Which is there is almost all cars).Its very zippy engine as they say.well I am still in the run in period of my car so not tried too many stunts on the car.

2.Comfort
Well I am 6.2 feet tall and i can getin and out of the car very swiftly.The seating position of the car is also very good.But the space inside on the rear is little less.I put my driving seat full behind so the guy seating behind has less legroom.The suspension are not very good a bumpy ride with a lot os thud noises if you go fast over the bumps.

3.Mileage
The important thing for the car in this segment.Well I drive in mumbai where you cant go above 2nd gear and Bumper to bumper traffic all the time.The mileage i got in the 1st full fill is 10km/lt. All city driving with AC on 50%.I follow the tank full to tank full method for calculating the mileage.I went to the same petrol pump same machine.

Well overall its a good car.And will update the review once the 1st service is done.
Old 6th November 2007, 14:41   #2
BHPian

As a former owner of Santro, i liked the pickup very much. Nice to see that aspect in this review also. You seem to be getting less mileage, perhaps it will improve after run-in period.
Old 6th November 2007, 23:56   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil.rahate View Post
Hi All,

3.Mileage
The important thing for the car in this segment.Well I drive in mumbai where you cant go above 2nd gear and Bumper to bumper traffic all the time.The mileage i got in the 1st full fill is 10km/lt. All city driving with AC on 50%.I follow the tank full to tank full method for calculating the mileage.I went to the same petrol pump same machine.
10 kmpl is a bit less I guess. Looks like you use 1/2 gears only ! Try driving in 2/3. Santro picks up well from slow speed (around 15/20) in 3rd gear also. Give it a try. BTW which color u have got ?
Old 7th November 2007, 10:44   #4
BHPian

Yes I drive a lot in the 1/2 gear because there is bumper to bumper traffic in mumbai. I have a real earth colour XL model......But I coloured the bumpers and put body moulding and it looks like an XO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks