Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 14:40   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
Sad to hear about the accident. Good that you got the car back after the repair - do post some pics of the job done by the workshop. Also lets us know how much you had to pay from your pocket.
Forgot to mention in the post, the mishap occured in 2008.
I am unable to recall the exact amount I had to shell out though the bill suggests it was around 1300.
Old 19th January 2010, 14:26   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
4. The type of battery that my i10 supports is not present in the Retail Market. Reason - The OEM battery has a lining at the bottom which becomes a support where the battery is screwed(will try posting some pics). The ones present in the market are perfectly rectangular.
I will try explaining this through pics. All pics have been take from google so ignore the brands and pic quality.

I have encircled in the first Picture, what I mentioned in my previous post as the lining at the bottom.
The second picture shows a clip which holds that lining.
The third picture is the battery I purchased. Since it is not having that lining so the Clip couold not hold to anything. So we kept a Plastic Screw in between the battery and the holder and it worked.
Chose plastic screw over the Paper/carboard as on being wet, it won't create any issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-pic1.jpg  

Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-pic2.jpg  

Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-pic3.jpg  

Old 25th January 2010, 12:41   #138
BHPian

Battery Fixture in i10

Thanks to para_7k for posting the pics, I can now show the classic example as to how the OEM Battery of i10 is.
Please see the pic below. There is just a small plate at the bottom which is holding the battery. I was unable to get such kind of battery(AMARON/EXIDE) in the aftermarket.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-engine_filtered.jpg  

Old 15th January 2014, 21:21   #139
BHPian

Further Service Updates

Here is what was done during the 7th/8th and 10th services.
After the expiry of Extended warranty at end of 4 years, due to very low running of car, I chose to get car serviced once an year only.
My observation is that Hyundai service centre advisors push really hard for jobs not mentioned on the Service schedule and which bring them big moolah.
I hate arguing with them on sticking just to Service schedule and to do what is the bare minimum required to be done.

7th Service Bill
Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-service_7.jpg

8th Service Bill
Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-service_8.jpg

10th Service Bill
Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-service_10.jpg

Last edited by achopraa : 15th January 2014 at 21:23.
Old 15th January 2014, 22:00   #140
BHPian

Re: i10 ERA Maintenance Costs 30K Done, Battery Changed

@achopraa nice to see your post after such a long time. I remember you were one of the first i10 buyers and so was me. My driving after 30K was also very low , so used to service only once a year and as you said I do what ever is recommended by Hyundai and the bill always comes to around 3K just like you. I am very satisfied with i10 , not a single penny spend other than the battery and the wipers in 6 years of driving (48K done) and yearly maintenance . How has been your experience so far ?
Old 15th January 2014, 22:09   #141
BHPian

6 Years, 46000KMs Update

• It has been 6 long years since bought the car.
  • Compared to the years in service, the number of KMs on ODO are fairly less at 46000 Kms.
  • Between the 10th Service and the 11th Service, the 2 tires of the cars were replaced due to excessive punctures and having worn out the most.
  • The new tires bought were MRF replacing the original Bridgestones and were put in the front 2 wheels.
  • The tire specs was 180/55/R13 and cost was 5500 for the pair. It carried along 3 years replacement warranty.
  • Another thing that conked off was my Sony Music system. The USB port refused to detect and play any USB drives.
  • Bought a Pioneer FM & USB system but it has been giving its own set of troubles by completely turning off and getting reset all on its own.
  • Only removing the Battery terminals and placing them back brings it back to life. Have got the connectors changed multiple times but no luck. Any clue what might have gone wrong?

11th Service
Due to continuous nagging of Hyundai Service Advisors and also determined to lower the cost of service, I thought of visiting a local nearby garage. The idea was to find someone who could just do the regular maintenance well thereby lowering the cost.
But due to my (over) cautious nature thought of visiting a reliable garage for a change. Thus landed up at Bosch Service Centre @ Rajouri Garden.

About the place - It has got a very small area. Basically, it was Ground floor of houses converted to commercial establishment. This workshop was setup in 2 parallel houses.
One of bay was completely occupied with a Beemer and an Audi which had been there for not sure how long.
Frankly, the first impression was not good.
Advised the Service Advisor about the work to be done and got a quote from him. An estimate of 3500 was given. I had told that I be informed if any parts need to be changed.
The car was handed over at 10:30AM in the morning and was promised to be delivered by 6PM.
Gave him a ring at 4PM to check the status and was informed that they will not be able to deliver before 6PM.
Landed up at the garage at 5PM just to check what was going on. The car at that moment was not available and had gone for washing and wheel alignment.
So, they do not have an in-house washing facility and the Alignment machine was out of service.
Checked the car when it arrived and cleaning etc. was proper.
Checked the bill and quite a few things were done including the Brake Pad change which was not informed on phone and taken agreement of.
The brake pads may have been due for a change but I expect a coutsey call to inform the customer before going ahead.
Actually the bill of 4500+ was a bit of shocker for me. For one, the Engine Oil used by them (Bosch Brand) was even costlier than what is used by Hyundai.
Also, the buzzer of the Security system was not beeping since water entered into it during pressure wash of engine bay.
No body bothered to describe the work that was done on car (probably assuming that its written on bill).
All in all, I wasn't too happy with the state of things.
Will I go there again for service - NO.

Here is the Bill
Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-service_11.jpg

Of late with my new ride coming in, i10 was being used mainly by the ladies in the house. Thus is started picking up some scratches and occasionally someone would like to scrape their cars with ours (I don't find this funny though) leading to paint marks being left on our car.
Decided to get rid of those and after visiting several of Team-BHP threads, I knew what was to be done.
Picked up a 3M Compound from a nearby shop for 150 Bucks. With 2 clothes, one for runbbing and second for polishing with Formula 1 Car wax, decided to start the exercising.
Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-tools.jpg

Started slowly by testing on a small patch.
Applied the Rubbing Compund and started scrubbing the same going from low to high pressure.
The paint slowly started disappearing. Was really happy to see the results.
2 main portions had picked a lot of pain marks. I was almost 95% successful in getting rid of those. Never thought it would be that easy (on pocket as well as to work with).
Later on gave those areas a little wax treatment to bring back the lost shine.

Pics showing the areas with Paint marks from other cars before and after removal.
Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-scratch_1.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-scratch_2.jpg
Old 30th November 2015, 11:56   #142
BHPian

re: Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!

Sold Off

Finally, the car was sold earlier this year with around 48K on the ODO.
There were sentiments associated, it being my first car.
Since The car was demanding some money it became wise to sold it as I planned to buy Grand i10 via my Company Lease.
All the formalities were done by self (finding a buyer, transfer of car, transfer of insurance, getting NCB certificate) with no involvement from any brokers and all of it was hassle free in Delhi, thanks to the well laid and simple procedures.
achopraa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks