Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 12:19   #121
BHPian

Well,
Yes, the sound is noticeable only after a full tank fill.

Let me talk to my service person too in that case....
Old 14th March 2008, 09:34   #122

hi.. i went through all the talk between you guys on your i10s. Mine is Champagne gold ,magna o without the sunroof.Delivered 25th Jan 2008,done 2000 kms. No, and i haven't heard the hissing sound.But then i do not fill more than 10L at a time.The first so called service is over.
Old 22nd March 2008, 18:28   #123
BHPian

Sorry if this has been covered before, I wanted to know if it's possible to get the electric door mirrors installed in the i10 from the dealer itself since I guess doing it after market would void the warranty (correct me if i'm wrong).

The export quality i10's (being exported to the UK) have electric door mirrors, shouldn't that be an option for the local market as well??

Here's the link to the UK site:
Hyundai | New Cars | I10
Old 22nd March 2008, 20:30   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke2gold View Post
hi.. i went through all the talk between you guys on your i10s. Mine is Champagne gold ,magna o without the sunroof.Delivered 25th Jan 2008,done 2000 kms. No, and i haven't heard the hissing sound.But then i do not fill more than 10L at a time.The first so called service is over.

Try that once.....
I got a fuel pump changed but I have notice the hissing voice resurfaced...
As written earlier also, read on the net that its quite common, so guess will have to live with it.
Old 11th January 2010, 17:22   #125
BHPian

i10 ERA - Maintenance Cost

Hi,

Just to share the info with fellow members, I am putting up a copy of my bills for the services done so far. This thread may help people to determine the running cost of the car.
I am starting by putting up my latest 2 bills and will follow up with subsequent older bills.

In the 30K odd Kms, the car has been serviced a total of 6 times.

6th Service - PAID
Mileage - 29389
Serviced at
- MGF, Mayapuri, Delhi
Repairs/Changes Between 5th and 6th Service - Type Rotation andWheel Alignment.
Issues Reported -
1.Car starting problem at time. If the ignition is turned off, the car is taking a couple of Selfs before coming to life though didnt get stranded anywhere.
2. The Clutch was hard.
3. Gave special instruction to clean the car properly inside out.
Others - The Service advisor was keen on pushing the Calliper Lubtrication, Throttle Body cleaning, Typre rotation and Engine Flushing.
Apart from Calliper Pin Lub, I declined all other requests.
Parts/Consumables were changed as per 30K Kms Schedule.
Overall Service Experience - 6.5/10.
Reason - Though the car was shining as if new and the clutch was also better, there was no SA to summarise the work done on the car and also to tell what was done regarding the starting troble of car. I feel one should have atleast provide the details to the customer of what has been done and any other significant details. Also, they merely wrote "Injectors Cleaning in Pending Jobs". No one cared to explain the process, reason even though I asked it while giving the car.
Why MGF?
Not very happy but atleast better than thenearby SAMARA. Suggest some other in West Delhi and I can give a try. Dont wanna go all the way to Mathura Road(HMP) just to get car serviced. Follow up will be a pain

5th Service - PAID
Mileage - 21963
Serviced at - MGF, Mayapuri, Delhi
Repairs/Changes Between 4th and 5th Service - RHS Front speaker gone kaput. Was under warrnty so changed it. Was purchased via a local dealer.
Issues Reported - None
Others - The Service advisor was keen on pushing the Calliper Lubtrication, Throttle Body cleaning, Typre rotation, Engine Flushing, Radiator Decarbonising.
Although there was zero issue while running of car, I agreed to all but Tyre rotation.(Any Comments?)
Parts/Consumables were changed as per 20K Kms Schedule.
Overall Service Experience - 6.5/10
Reason - Same as above
Why MGF? - Same as above

Attached are the bills for your reference.

*To be continued.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-dec09.jpg  

Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-jun09.jpg  

Last edited by achopraa : 11th January 2010 at 17:25.
Old 11th January 2010, 17:36   #126
Senior - BHPian

How the hell can they say customer refused a required injector cleaning? Does HMIL mandate it? If not, who is MGF to write that. Tomorrow, they will use any such nonsense should a warranty claim etc arise.

Of your bill of 3846 (20k service) - over 50% is stuff which doesn't sound like mandated by HMIL. I'd be curious to read what the manual says!!
Old 12th January 2010, 21:42   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
How the hell can they say customer refused a required injector cleaning? Does HMIL mandate it? If not, who is MGF to write that. Tomorrow, they will use any such nonsense should a warranty claim etc arise.
HMIL does not mandate it. Atleast I didn't find them written (as mandatory) anywhere in the Userl Manual or at the Service Centre.

I overlooked this in the bill during my 5th Service but I noticed it after the 6th service. I am surely going to ask now as to HOW CAN THEY WRITE THIS AND NOT NOTIFY ME?

Quote:
Of your bill of 3846 (20k service) - over 50% is stuff which doesn't sound like mandated by HMIL. I'd be curious to read what the manual says!!
Below is the list of Consumables as per the list put up at Service Centres. I will try to scan and put up the list of tasks that needs to be carried out at each service.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-20090627084408.jpg  

Old 14th January 2010, 14:23   #128
BHPian

Third and Second Warranty

4th Service - Details will be updated Later.

3rd Service - FREE
Mileage - 5999
Serviced at - Suhrit Hyundai, Delhi (Seems to be closed now)
Repairs/Changes Between 3rd and 4th Service - None.
Issues Reported - Advised on Tyre rotation and also on a touch-up to be done on the LHS Pass. door.
Others - None
Overall Service Experience - 5/10 (Should I even give that given the fact nothing apart from cleaning and Oil change was to be done)
Reason - The tasks mentioned (tyre rotation and touch-up) were not performed. Got a call that the car is ready and when went to take the delivery, I see that neither the car was cleaned properly nor the tyre rotation done. Brought this to the notice of SA and he took the car for cleaning again and subsequently 5 way tyre rotaion was done.
The touch-up job was done as shoddy as possible.
I just don't understand why they don't work upon the only tasks that were speciafically told by the customers and duly mentioned in the Service Sheet.
Why Suhrit? - Initially went to Samara at 8.30 in the morning so as to drop the car ASAP and get it early in the evening. There was a huge drama waiting to be unfolded there.
A guy with his friend arrived in a Santro, overtook 3 of our cars and parked it in front of the Main Gate in such a manner that no one can move in until he removed his car. Then he started hurling abuses at the SAs present there and asking people to go to other Service Centers and also saying something about bubbling etc in his car.
Shocked at his way of bypassing and reaching the gate and then at his behavior, we asked him to tell the problem only to understand that this guy had Wobbling problem which was still present inspite of his 5 visits.
Looking at his stance on his issue and waiting till 9:30, we found that the Samara SA's were not able to convince the guy in any manner. Finally I decided to move another nearby Service Centre(Suhrit) as I had to leave for office.

3rd Service - FREE
Mileage - 2004
Serviced at - Samara Hyundai, Delhi (Seems to be closed now)
Repairs/Changes Between 2nd and 3rd Service - An Accidental Repair Job was undertaken(details later).
Issues Reported - None.
Others - None
Overall Service Experience - 7.5/10
Reason - Car was thoroughly washed and was clean on the inside. Also the engine bay area was cleaned and polished. Not happy with their customer interaction though.
You litteraly have go hunting for an available SA, show him the car and make him not go anywhere else while discussing about the various things.
Why Samara? - Since I bought the car from them so they were the original choice.

Now the Bills.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-third-service.jpg  

Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-second-service.jpg  

Old 15th January 2010, 16:04   #129
BHPian

Some ties are not meant forever - BATTERY GONE

Thanks Mods for merging the Thread.

BATTERY GAVE UP
After 2 years and 1 month of companionship, the battery started betraying the master.
Saw early signs of battery giving up in December starting when at a Red Signal, I tried starting the engine and it didn't come up in the first go. With this suddent behavior, I was

After a couple of more such and I was sure, I was sure some surprise is waiting for me. I just hoped that the surprise doesn't hit me on my Trip to Agra. And luckily that didn't happen.

As mentioned previously, I asked the SA during the 6th service to check the battery and they did "terminal spary". Even water was not topped up(I think they barely checked it).

HAPPY NEW YEAR surprise.
I was giving the car a nice wash and was talking casually to dad that I feel the battery may give up now any day.
And Bingo... I Start ... Grr Grr Grr Nothing happens
Try 2 - Grr Grr
Try 3 - A Long Silence

All the compartment lights were working. All the console lights were coming up. Went in front on Engine and asked dad to give a try but could not see engine coming to Life.

Called up MGF Hyundai Helpline at 10:30 in the morning. After repeated promises on turning up at 11:30, 12:45, 1:30, 2:45, 3:15 they finally arrived at 4, jump starts the car and the engine comes to life. Makes some checks here and there and finally check the battery and concludes that battery has gone. It was an Exide.
On asking how they deduced, they showed me bubbles coming out of the leftmost chamber. This was a shock to me as I expected the life to be 3.5-4 years if not more.

Anyhow, thought of taking a second opinion from a local mechanic and even he deduced the same. Now started my hunt for a new battery. Googled a couple of numbers of Battery suppliers, frisked through Team-BHP pages and then went out on bike hunting for the best deal. This was the first incidence of hunting parts for my car on my own (previously everything was done at Karol Bagh at a single shop) and I was nervous(don't ask why) and excited.

At the end of two hours, I knew that
1. Batteries are of two types - Maintenance Free and the Others
2. Warranty is of 18,24,36,48 where 36 means (18 Months replacement and rest cash back on Pro-rata) and ditto for 48
3. Main brands were Exide/AMARON and one another low cost brand of exide.
4. The type of battery that my i10 supports is not present in the Retail Market. Reason - The OEM battery has a lining at the bottom which becomes a support where the battery is screwed(will try posting some pics). The ones present in the market are perfectly rectangular.
So I had two options, buying it from the dealer and a exhorbiant price or to buy from outside and get the Indian Engineering(Jugaad) done. I opted for latter.
Finally bought Amaron Go for 2350 (Including Labor of Rs. 50) which has 36 months warranty (18+18). Other options I considered were Amaron Pro (48 months) costing 2800, Exide (36 months for 2700).

Finally the battery was replaced at 8PM and the engine grunted to life and at the end it was ALL IJ WELL.
Old 17th January 2010, 09:33   #130
BHPian

Gear Lock installed

Many thanks to Dippy for the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...car-theft.html, I finally got the gear lock installed in my i10 ERA yesterday.

The way gear lock can be installed is standard. It can only be done on the driver side. I didn't face any obstruction while driving as posted by fellow members. For the record, I am 5'9".
Brand: -Autocop
Vitamin M: - 900 (including fitting)
Warranty: - 5 years (What does warranty on gear lock means?)

The installation was done by the Autocop guy only and the installation was neat.
Old 17th January 2010, 16:13   #131
Senior - BHPian

achopraa - went through your thread for the first time today, and I must say its quite a detailed one!
About that fuel pump hissing sound - even my i10 1.2 kappa has that, and I am living with it.
Old 17th January 2010, 19:36   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
achopraa - went through your thread for the first time today, and I must say its quite a detailed one!
About that fuel pump hissing sound - even my i10 1.2 kappa has that, and I am living with it.
@blackasta. Thanks.
Even after a fuel pump change, the noise was present and after googling I found many other people (across the globe) noticed this sound.
So far, I haven't had any other issue and the sound goes off after a couple of kilometers. So even I learnt to live with it.
Old 18th January 2010, 12:06   #133
BHPian

The ACCIDENT

Bright Sunday Morning.
We (Family of 5 with a 1 year old) decided to visit the famous Akshardam temple. Though it was hot summer day still we decided to visit as we don't get time other wise.
On the way back to home, we were just 2 Kms away from home. The evening traffic was heavy and we were doing 15-20Kms/hour. I was in the right most lane. Just as I was about to get on the flyover (Tilak Nagar for those who are in Delhi), an autorickshaw suddenly came (thinking himself as Schumacher) and banged on the front left side. As I was doing hard braking another Maruti 800 came from the rear and BANG!
Not able to understand what happened within a couple of seconds I was and
For few seconds, my mind went numb as to what and why this happened. I check that all the occupants were fine. I thought the rear was badly damaged and went on to see it. My father, seated on the passenger side also came to check the damages. The bumper was gone. The Sardar Ji sitting in his 90 something gave glances and told that he braked but the car didnt stop. No point arguing. Then my father made me realise that there were damages in the front also. The Left fender was caved in and was also obstructing the opening of the front door. I was heartbroken. The autorick was obviously nowhere to be seen.
I did nothing, no abuses, no cursing, went silent and drove the car back home and remained so till the end of day. My beloved car had cuts and bruises and I felt the pain.
Called up Samara Hyundai and took an appointment for the following day. The next day took the car and showed the damages. Estimates calculated, forms filled up, cashless approval taken and the work started.
I opted for all but changing of the Strip on the rear bumper. It just had some bruises and the new one costed around 400-500.
2 days after the car was ready and was delivered at home since I was busy at work.
Below is the bill for the damages.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 ERA - 6 Years, 46,000 km and clocking. Update: Now sold!-accident.jpg  

Old 18th January 2010, 13:45   #134
Senior - BHPian

very sad to hear about accident dude. So out of 8690 rupees bill how much did you get from insurence company?
Old 18th January 2010, 14:11   #135
BHPian

Sad to hear about the accident. Good that you got the car back after the repair - do post some pics of the job done by the workshop. Also lets us know how much you had to pay from your pocket.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks