Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2007, 11:16   #46
BHPian

tyre Pressure

Yes, I am driving with 30psi Front and 35 psi rear bought myself a Pressure gauge and only then did I get this pressure thing right I guess all these electronic meters that petrol pumps or these tyre shops have are never calibrated perfectly. Now the ride is smoother than before so its cool now. Thanks guys.
Old 7th December 2007, 11:23   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
Can you please check and tell me which Blaupunkt system is fixed as standard in the EX ?
SUN; its the BHAHAMAS Series from BLAU thats been fitted here. But I guess its the old model not the new one which is on their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
Hi Juda. Congrat on yr new new beast (!!) and your Goa Trip. Any issues faced yet ?

Where did you get the servicing done from? B U Bhandari or Pandit ?
Pandit's Bhosari workshop is not mentioned as a TASC on the Owner's manual !
Thanks Kingshukt; No issues whatsoever faced during my 1.5K goa trip it was smooth. Not even a rattle.

I got my first servicing done from Avanthi Motors Nagar road they are a new service center. [6months old] The have a great facility you'd be impressed and by the way they do all imports there as well, I saw a RR, a porsche and even CRVs. They are good. Apparently they are into the imports servicing business for a long time they just started with the TATA servicing center.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 7th December 2007 at 12:27.
Old 11th December 2007, 12:55   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
SUN; its the BHAHAMAS Series from BLAU thats been fitted here. But I guess its the old model not the new one which is on their website.
Does anyone know if this has two pairs of Preamp outs to feed an amp or would I need to change the HU if I need to add an amp?

The blaunpunkt site also says

Adding an Amplifier
'Car radios which are not equipped with a Preamp out require the cable interface 7 607 873 000.'

Thanks
Old 11th December 2007, 15:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbobo View Post
Does anyone know if this has two pairs of Preamp outs to feed an amp or would I need to change the HU if I need to add an amp?

The blaunpunkt site also says

Adding an Amplifier
'Car radios which are not equipped with a Preamp out require the cable interface 7 607 873 000.'

Thanks
I got a 2 Channel Blau amp fitted to this HU with 2 JBLs in a box awesome power. What sound man! Everybody Mettallica, Pantera, Def Leopard occasional the hindi stuff come to life in my truck and believe me the punch is awesome.

Cheers!
Old 11th December 2007, 15:15   #50
BHPian

Me new Truck and the power cant get enough!

Phew!!! everyday after work I treat myself to the HULKY and what a way it responds. Yesterday while traveling from work - home at 8pm found a Accent Viva CRDI, Scorpio and a Palio racing each other and yep you thought of it I joined in right away at first they were like boy racers thinking they had the edge assuming my size but I was holing back for a clear gate and when i got it I was just looking left all the way to the finish. The Scorpio as usual didn't even contest, Palio stamped the pedal but in the 3rd Gear the HULK is in its own -> its a missile!!! [Cant call it a bullet too big for that] next came the Viva and that guy saw me in the side view, down shifted and thats all I heard (the accent CRDI has noise) of him next I saw him gazing at my tail lamps hehehe cause I was in 4th gear and that is the only time you get to look around cause in the other gears you are glued to the road. Dont want to wack anybody with the 2tonner man,you feel me!!!

Oh forgot to add further on I met an enthu Civic driver and yes zoomed of him too he couldnt do much as the roads were not in his favor hahahah

CheerS!

Last edited by JUDA : 11th December 2007 at 15:17.
Old 11th December 2007, 15:18   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
Hi Juda. Congrat on yr new new beast (!!) and your Goa Trip. Any issues faced yet ?

Where did you get the servicing done from? B U Bhandari or Pandit ?
Pandit's Bhosari workshop is not mentioned as a TASC on the Owner's manual !
I think I replied to this however here goes again got the servicing done with Avanthi Motors on nagar road new ASC.
Old 11th December 2007, 15:20   #52
BHPian

Quote:
I got a 2 Channel Blau amp fitted to this HU with 2 JBLs in a box awesome power. What sound man! Everybody Mettallica, Pantera, Def Leopard occasional the hindi stuff come to life in my truck and believe me the punch is awesome.

Cheers!
Thanks Happy to hear that. Wanted to upgrade but did not want to change the HU. (Though am a Pioneer fan dont have the heart to sell the factory Blau - One hardly get any money for it).

Was thinking of a 4 channel, let me check it out. If its got 2 pre-outs it might even have 4.
Old 11th December 2007, 16:08   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbobo View Post
Thanks Happy to hear that. Wanted to upgrade but did not want to change the HU. (Though am a Pioneer fan dont have the heart to sell the factory Blau - One hardly get any money for it).
Yep, I especially liked the "Welcome TATA SAFARI" string in the display when you turn it on, it surely feels good.
Old 11th December 2007, 17:39   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.. zoomed of him too he couldnt do much as the roads were not in his favor .. CheerS!
Good you are having fun.. can visualize you whipping them guys.

I think you guys should have a Safari Forum on TBHP ! What say ?
Old 12th December 2007, 15:52   #55
BHPian

One Small Issue!

I feel the Circulate Mode of the AC [Red button] when pressed does not fully cut off the outside airflow, anybody know how this can be fixed.

My assumption is that there would be a electronic flap which closes and restricts outside airflow to come into the cabin and this flap at present aint closing fully. Any solutions GURUS!!?

Last edited by JUDA : 12th December 2007 at 16:04.
Old 12th December 2007, 16:49   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel the Circulate Mode of the AC [Red button] when pressed does not fully cut off the outside airflow, anybody know how this can be fixed.
....the earlier niggles continue! You need to take it to your workshop, its a minor fix but not something that you can do yourself - once done will not recur
Old 13th December 2007, 12:24   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Phew!!! everyday after work I treat myself to the HULKY and what a way it responds. Yesterday while traveling from work - home at 8pm found a Accent Viva CRDI, Scorpio and a Palio racing each other and yep you thought of it I joined in right away at first they were like boy racers thinking they had the edge assuming my size but I was holing back for a clear gate and when i got it I was just looking left all the way to the finish. The Scorpio as usual didn't even contest, Palio stamped the pedal but in the 3rd Gear the HULK is in its own -> its a missile!!! [Cant call it a bullet too big for that] next came the Viva and that guy saw me in the side view, down shifted and thats all I heard (the accent CRDI has noise) of him next I saw him gazing at my tail lamps hehehe cause I was in 4th gear and that is the only time you get to look around cause in the other gears you are glued to the road. Dont want to wack anybody with the 2tonner man,you feel me!!!

Oh forgot to add further on I met an enthu Civic driver and yes zoomed of him too he couldnt do much as the roads were not in his favor hahahah

CheerS!
Maybe we could call it a cannon

I experienced something similar with a Ford Endevour a couple of days back. The engine of the endevour is no match for the responsiveness of the 2.2.

Quote:

My assumption is that there would be a electronic flap which closes and restricts outside airflow to come into the cabin and this flap at present aint closing fully. Any solutions GURUS!!?

I also experience something like this a couple of times but not always. Maybe will get it checked out on my next appointment at the service station.
Old 13th December 2007, 12:59   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Maybe we could call it a cannon

I experienced something similar with a Ford Endevour a couple of days back. The engine of the endevour is no match for the responsiveness of the 2.2.
Does it still feel as if you'd break something while accelerating hard in the 1st and 2nd gears? Cause you can really feel the noise at that point and the 3rd gear is like smooth as silk. I think your running is more than 2.5K now right.? So whats your exp on this.

Also, one more Q, are you feeling the change in ride after shoes change. What are the changes less Jumping action? Body roll ? your comments please.

Last edited by JUDA : 13th December 2007 at 13:01.
Old 13th December 2007, 13:38   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does it still feel as if you'd break something while accelerating hard in the 1st and 2nd gears? Cause you can really feel the noise at that point and the 3rd gear is like smooth as silk.
No it dosent feel that I break something in the 1st and 2nd gear. Infact apart from a little inconvenience that the power range for the 1st and 2nd gears is too close to each other there is no irritant or problem that i have faced with the gear box.

Quote:
I think your running is more than 2.5K now right.? So whats your exp on this.
I have driven the BEAR for 3.2K kms till now and will post my experiences in the next couple of days as I have a family function and am a little tied up this weekend.
In a nutshell I would say that
Thank God I bought the BEAR and dint buy a sedan. Everyday driving this beast around town is a lovely experience in itself.
CHEERS cheers:

Quote:

Also, one more Q, are you feeling the change in ride after shoes change. What are the changes less Jumping action? Body roll ? your comments please.
Would be able to give you my correct opinion as I changed the BEAR's tires on the 2nd day of taking delivery. Though i faintly remember that the car somewhat smoother and less jumpy after the change but drive the car only for 10-15 KMs before the change.

Maybe other TBhpians would be able to give their correct judgment on this
Old 13th December 2007, 16:36   #60
Senior - BHPian

Its that grinding noise, if you accelerate hard, you need to change gears fast, than anything.

Quote:
Does it still feel as if you'd break something while accelerating hard in the 1st and 2nd gears? Cause you can really feel the noise at that point and the 3rd gear is like smooth as silk. I think your running is more than 2.5K now right.? So whats your exp on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks